Mah Jong

• 2 weeks later...
Please report back if there is a good set on Mariner.

Thanx

There were 2 sets in the Game Room on Mariner. I looked inside the cases and they seemed nice, but I didn't count the tiles to be sure they are all there. I brought my own. I found someone new to play with by going to Shabbat Services on Friday night. I figured that would be a great place. I only wish Shabbat wasn't at the end of the cruise.

Thanks for posting.

I will fill out a card and put on the board with the special interest notices when I board Mariner. That's usually where people looking for a game find one.

I just purchased the cutest little travel Mah Jongg set. the tiles are about an inch high and the little racks are magnetic. It's a full set with tiny dice and even a bettor. Extra blanks, flowers and jokers, too. I got it for $17. It will go with me to Europe in August so we'll be certain to have some kind of set on Brilliance. Everyone will have to wear their glasses. :D I'll try to take a picture and post it.

• 2 years later...
Thanks for posting.

I will fill out a card and put on the board with the special interest notices when I board Mariner. That's usually where people looking for a game find one.

I just purchased the cutest little travel Mah Jongg set. the tiles are about an inch high and the little racks are magnetic. It's a full set with tiny dice and even a bettor. Extra blanks, flowers and jokers, too. I got it for $17. It will go with me to Europe in August so we'll be certain to have some kind of set on Brilliance. Everyone will have to wear their glasses. :D I'll try to take a picture and post it.

So Kellie, was there a mahjong set on brilliance?!!! Your set sounds adorable! Thanks!

So Kellie, was there a mahjong set on brilliance?!!! Your set sounds adorable! Thanks!

I am not saying that it is "impossible", but you DO realize that this thread is almost three and a half years old, and the most recent post is more than two and a half years old???????????????

I always play Mah Jongg on sea days on a cruise. Most ships do have sets in the card room, but you always need to check if all of the tiles are there. Many times there are tiles missing. Remember to take your current card along. If you have an extra card, bring it, too. Often there are people who play, but didn't bring a card with them.

You can post on the thread of your ship asking for Mah Jongg players. I do that and then know who wants to play.

• 5 months later...
We are taking a cruise out of Dubai on April 4th, 2016. My wife plays Mah Jong and would like to know if any passengers on this trip would be interested in playing on sea days.

Welcome to Cruise Critic, Jeff.

This is the main Royal Caribbean forum.

You need to post this on the Roll Call for your specific cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2028906

FWIW, Hubby and I did a transatlantic on Brilliance last September and the ship had 2 or 3 nice (complete) Mah Jongg sets. You had to ask Guest Services for them as soon as you got on the ship, because they gave them out to the first people who asked AND those people got to keep them for the entire 15 night cruise! I thought that was ridiculous!

It was also difficult to find places to play -- I brought my own set -- because the game room was frequently used for ship-organized activities. If you post on your sailing's roll call thread you should find lots of people who want to play. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

kathy

[quote name='Mgobluefan']Anyone know if they have Mah Jong tiles on Brilliance of the Seas? I'd hate to have to carry a full set to Europe. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I always bring mine, as once it was impossible to get a set, even when they had sets, and some of them were lacking(this was on HAL.)

I just split the tiles and racks up into all our suitcases and it works out fine, so that one case it not "so heavy". I have a cloth bag.....

I usually go on my roll call and try to set a game up ahead of time, too.

Helaine