Three months post cruise, and I'm still....

josie724

It always brings back a good memory when I peel off an old laundry tag. Since some things are just for cruising when I take them out for the next one I try to check for them.

Every so often I find a bottle of Elemis Body Scrub I tucked away. The heavenly smell reminds me of being onboard.

On our last cruise this past January I found in my suitcase and earring I had lost a few cruises before that. I had paid a bit of money for them. Unfortunately I threw away the one I had thinking I would never see its mate again :(

Ummm.. well... (shifting uneasily in my chair) confession time. I still have clothes tags from our first Westerdam cruise in 2009. I think it is funny when they wash them on another ship and leave my old tags in. Kind of like my clothes have been branded and now have cruise cred. :p

Finally dieting successfully- So excited, I unpacked those forgotten summer clothes I knew I would never fit into again. It has been many years. The tags were still there & made me smile! (Even though I can't believe I bought some of those things, much less wore them on vacation!):D

Been off the Maasdam now for three weeks. I'm still waiting for someone to pick up the towels from the bathroom floor . . .

Bruce

There must be quite a stock pile on your bathroom floor:D

Been off the Maasdam now for three weeks. I'm still waiting for someone to pick up the towels from the bathroom floor . . .

Bruce

So THAT explains it.....for years I thought my son was just being a teenager, he thinks he's still on a cruise. :D :D

Picking off laundry tags. What little things are still lingering from your cruise?

Like a few others in this thread, I've just found some cruise wear with laundry tags still on :D Had to show DH, and we just GRINNED :D

I buy a bottle of the Elemis shampoo from the onboard spa and relive being onboard when I get back home -- the scent triggers so many memories.

Recently found an old boarding pass (May/09) in a purse that had been "resting" for a while.

While at my family gathering for Easter this year, my niece and her boyfriend were there - they had sailed with me on the Amsterdam 14 day itinerary last August 5th. I was standing outside talking to them and something was irritating me at my waist. Lifted up my teeshirt and there was a laundry tag w/our cabin number for last year (2707) on it! I pulled it off, held it up without saying a word, and all three of us burst into laughter. Good memories! I find those tags all the time - most times I just leave them there because they make me smile every time!:)

OK maybe I am weird but I refuse to take the tags off :D

They don't bother me and I have one pair of slacks that has 3 different HAL tags on the inside. What is funny they will find a different location to place the new one and not remove any of their old ones.

Now I have to tell you in Janaury 2009 I went on a Princess cruise and sent out laundry and their tags are rather plain not colorful like HAL. Well anyway this past October when I was back on HAL and finally in a Suite again (just before we turned 4 star) I sent out a pair of capris that I had worn on that Princess cruise. The Princess laundry tag was still there but when I got my laundry back that tag was removed :D But I have never seen them remove their own tags.

Trust me those laundry tags can and will stay on a long time ;)

Picking off laundry tags. What little things are still lingering from your cruise?

It's been 18 months since our last cruise and my husband found a laundry tag the other day on one of his nicer shirts he doesn't wear very often. We had a good laugh and some reminisces.

He has a slide show of photos on his desk top so that always brings back memories.

Archived