Ship size preference

Like them both. However Oasis / Allure are very different with Central Park, Boardwalk, Aqua theater, Comedy Club, Jazz Club, zip line, etc., that makes them unique in comparison. But the Voyager class ships are one of our favorites as well so I guess I like them equally well but for different reasons as they are very different ships. Wouldn't say one is better over the other - but certainly Oasis class has more variety and much different attractions. Sorry if that doesn't help.

It is not a matter of size. It is a matter of venues. The Voyager and Freedom class ships are awesome in their own right. Oasis and Allure are also awesome ships but not because they are bigger but because they have very unique venues, that also happen to allow for some very unique entertainment, that make these two ships special in their own right.

Well, it remains to be seen for us! We love the Voyager Class and have done it many times. When we sailed on the Freedom, although at the time, the 'biggest' and certainly wonderful, I still liked the Voyager .... said maybe it's just a little too big! So, here we go on the Oasis for the first time on 5/26 .... we'll see. My husband has wanted on that ship since she first sailed so we are really excited about going. I've read the other posts and would have to agree regarding venues as opposed to just size. Although I still can't imagine a ship this big, this trip is all about the ship! We're even going on our less favorite destinations, Western Caribbean and we've been to all 3 before! But, this time it's the ship, not so much the destination for us .... so we'll see what we think .... just looking forward to a fabulous cruise and happy we're going!

We really like both. My favorite class is the one in between - The Freedom Class :D

We sailed on the Explorer after sailing on the Liberty and Oasis and I was afraid we were going to "miss" some of what the bigger/newer ships had to offer. The only thing I missed was Park Cafe. That became a favorite of mine on Oasis. It was great for breakfast and quick snacks - and our cabin was just a short walk from the entrance to Central Park, so it was also convenient.

I think they each have something to offer!

We have sailed on every class and enjoy the aspects of each when we are on that cruise. The features and other dining options are great on the Oasis class. The indoor promenades on the Freedom and Voyager class are great in the evenings. The smaller Radiance and Vision class are fun Witt the more personal feelings as you aren't sharing the cruise with the same crowds as on the Oasis. But each cruise is unique in its own right and you make the cruise, not the ship.

None of the above! I love the Radiance class.

Me too but then until after next week don't have much to compare to. The bigger the ships get the less "the sea" (remember, she's calling ;)) is the focus. I am reserving judgement on the Promenade "Mall in a Ship" concept until I see it but it certainly seems to me like it will be very "inward" focused. Radiance class the focus all seems to be outward at the water.

Everyone should experience the Oasis/Allure once on their adventures, but be prepared ahead of time with reservations and a plan. Unlike other ships where you can just show up for the nightly entertainment, you really have to plan it out, along with the specialty restaurants (which are to good to pass up.) But the other class (Voyager/Freedom, etc) are also great.

For those of you who have sailed on Voyager class , and either the Allure or Oasis , which size do you prefer ? We were docked next to Allure on the Mariner , and I could not believe the size of that ship until I was close to it.

For me bigger is not better. We haven't yet cruised Oasis/Allure, and will probably give them a try eventually, but we love the smaller ships. Whenever we are on the voyager class we always say, "this ship is just too big!" Our favorite RCL ship was the Empress, she was known as, "the small ship with the big heart!" She had small cabins (VERY SMALL), a handful of venus, and a tiny pool deck. But we loved her!

I am not a fan of the mega ships. I think the lines are getting a little carried away IMHO. I like the ships that have a more personable feeling, like vision and radiance class. I am not big on standing in lines and making reservations on a ship. I think 2000 to 3000 people are enough on a ship. Like I said though this is just my opinion and I hope they start making some smaller ships for the people that don't like these mega ships.

Me too but then until after next week don't have much to compare to. The bigger the ships get the less "the sea" (remember, she's calling ;)) is the focus. I am reserving judgement on the Promenade "Mall in a Ship" concept until I see it but it certainly seems to me like it will be very "inward" focused. Radiance class the focus all seems to be outward at the water.

I agree. Radiance Class has great views, but I don't care for the layout much. Pool deck was too crowded. Tried the Navigator for the first time in Feb and thought it'd be too big with much focus on the inside, but I loved it. We just stayed outside and on our balcony as much as possible!!

I am not a fan of the mega ships. I think the lines are getting a little carried away IMHO. I like the ships that have a more personable feeling, like vision and radiance class. I am not big on standing in lines and making reservations on a ship. I think 2000 to 3000 people are enough on a ship. Like I said though this is just my opinion and I hope they start making some smaller ships for the people that don't like these mega ships.

Agree with you!

Thank goodness there are choices! Ours is Radiance Class, Vision Class, Voyager Classs, Sovereign Class, Freedom Class, and finally the largest and our least loved class.......the Oasis Class.

I for one, still love the old Sovereign Class ships. They still have a good feel about them, and the crew goes above and beyond to give everyone a great cruise.

Of all of the ships......the Jewel of the Seas is our very favorite ship, and looking forward to another great crossing coming up this August!;):)

Rick

Archived