Royal Princess photo display contest/promotion?

DougH

Does anyone recall what date the winner was to be announced for the display your photo on the new Royal Princess contest/promotion? I beleve it was listed as this week but they have taken down the full rules from their website.

Hopefully they will have gallery/slideshow with all of the pictures chosen to be display aboard the ship.

Thanks, I guess I ddn't win the grand prize as I haven't been notified yet :) I'm hoping that I had at least had one selected to be displayed aboard the Royal Princess.

If they are displaying 1000 photos that seejms like a pretty good way to guarantee 1000 cabins sold as eveyone will want to check out how/where their photo is displayed. LOL

Hopefully they will announce the results shortly.

If they are displaying 1000 photos that seejms like a pretty good way to guarantee 1000 cabins sold as eveyone will want to check out how/where their photo is displayed. LOL

...and spend their entire 7 day cruise trying to find it:D

According to this statement in the rules it doesn't look like they will be publishing the winners name. Sheesh, I sent in close to 200 pics, they were choosing 1000 and I still didn't get one selected. I would love to see the ones they did choose! :(

Name of Winner. For winner's first name and surname initial, city & state/province/territory, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Princess Cruises® "Royal Princess Photo Contest" Official Winners, 24305 Town Center Drive, Santa Clarita, CA 91355. Requests must be received no later than March 31, 2012. Canadian and UK residents may omit return postage.

• 4 weeks later...

The winning picture was lovely, but I wish at least one of mine would have made the top 1,000. I think mine were just as good as the others there, unfortunately most were very similar to ones that made the cut. Sigh! :(

Did not feel the winning pic was all that great. Some others were much better. Yes, lots of repetition. I don't consider a picture of a butterfly or a flower to be "award winning", especially for a cruise photo contest. How can a flower be escaping completely?? You can take them anywhere. Just like anything else - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :rolleyes:

I was really excited to see one I submitted was chosen as a winner in Alaska group. Pretty cool to see one of the photos you took make it.

Now I'll have to look into sailing on her to see my shot on display but I guess finding it among the 1000 others on such a large ship will be a challenge! Maybe I can out an APB on it once the Royal sails.

The winning picture was lovely, but I wish at least one of mine would have made the top 1,000. I think mine were just as good as the others there, unfortunately most were very similar to ones that made the cut. Sigh! :(

Ditto.....:(:(:(

Bob

Beautiful photos, all of them. But all equally impersonal, devoid of human emotions - joy of cruising, some humor, fun times. I looked thru the Med only but assume the rest is the same. Am disappointed that there are no real cruisers in front of all this beautiful scenery.

Make no mistake, I think these are great pictures and don't mean to detract from those chosen. These are real coffee table quality! It's just not what I was hoping to see.

Well didn't even get one picked although several were almost identical to ones I submitted. Figured I'd get at least one of my Alaska ones picked but it wasn't to be. I had tried to stay away from the typical "postcard" shots with more abstract shapes/colors but guess that isn't what they wanted.

In any case congratulations to all those that got selected

I received a letter today stating that one of the photos I submitted had been chosen. Not the grand prize winner but excited none-the-less! My photo was taken on Princess Cays a few years ago. I guess that's a good excuse to book the Royal to see where it's hung... haha, like I need an excuse to book another cruise!! :)

I received a letter today stating that one of the photos I submitted had been chosen. Not the grand prize winner but excited none-the-less! My photo was taken on Princess Cays a few years ago. I guess that's a good excuse to book the Royal to see where it's hung... haha, like I need an excuse to book another cruise!! :)

I am curious. Was the letter an actual snail mail letter or email? I found one of my photos was selected and credit given on the website but I've not gotten a letter or email.

Thanks

Archived