Cruise Atlas?

sail7seas

Hope they continue to print the Cruise Atlas.

We have the April 2012-2103 Atlas. However, like so many, we are now looking at 2014 cruises, as we are booked on the Eurodam for 2013.

The HAL Cruise Atlas is one of our favorite references!

Sure makes no sense to not print an atlas. It appears much of us are on the same page (hah get it?). The booking process starts by perusing the current atlas to see what itineraries looks interesting and then we check the website to nail down more of the specifics. The whole process is short circuted without the printed part. It’s the handheld edition that kicks the whole thing into gear not the electronic one!

I, too, am one of those HAL "alums" who book cruises a year out. I love planning and preparing for my voyages. I'm already booked on the Maasdam's South America cruise this coming January, but am "itching" to know what ship is going where in 2014. I, too, am receiving lots of brochures, some of them mighty tempting, from other cruise lines. I never did receive a Cruise Atlas in the mail for 2012-13, although I requested one. My TA saved me one, and it looks like the Sears "Wish Book" when my friends kids used to be allowed to pick out what they wanted for Christmas. It's dog eared and has many scribbles and asterisks. I can't wait until the new Atlas comes out.

During our December cruise, picked up copies of the Cruise Atlas 2012-2013, one for us, and one for our local Travel Agent, who was very pleased to receive it as was so difficult for him to obtain a copy.

Today DH looked in the Cruise Atlas at an itinerary on the Volendam, saw a cruise listed that would be very suitable for us.

When I looked on the HAL site to see if our preferred cabin would be available, was saddened to discover that the cruise does not actually exist.:(

:)

I was just in my local CAA Travel Store yesterday & there were several copies of the HAL Cruise Atlas on the rack! Do you have a AAA Travel Store where you live? :)

Bet your's does not go past April 01, 2013..We

re all looking for a new one dated April 2013 to March 2014..Per DBA it will not be printed this year..Hope the people in charge of advertising at HAL re think their strategy..

I was just in my local CAA Travel Store yesterday & there were several copies of the HAL Cruise Atlas on the rack! Do you have a AAA Travel Store where you live? :)

I suspect that Atlas was the 2012-2013 edition which many of us have and does not include voyages past April 2013. Some of us are already planning cruises beyond that date. I too am getting print material from other lines especially Regent and Oceania as well as Princess but no print material from HAL, our current line of choice. Maybe that is the problem. Oh well.

A couple of weeks ago, we received a beautiful & expensively printed book from Oceania with lovely pics listing all their ships & cruises..Believe DH may have hidden it someplace since I can't find it now..

A cruise Atlas? What dates does it cover?

Mine runs from April 2012-April 2013, and that's the latest I've heard of.

I would also be interested in a brochure for Asia and one for the Prinsendam for 2013. Do you know if either of those exist?

Thanks for any information.

Ruth we received another brochure from a TA, which indicates that the Prinsendam will be doing another 64 day cruise from FTL the same day we return (March 14) ..She departs FTL at 5:p.m. for a Grand Mediterranean cruise round trip...She returns to FTL on May 17..After that have no idea what she will be doing, but I see a Baltic cruise which departs London on June 01..

Our TA seems t think that many cruise lines are getting away from Printing cruise brochures..I said that HAL should understand that many of their Psgrs are in an age group that may not be as computer savvy as their Kids are..Many still want to see & compare cruises in brochures with pics before they book on-line..I know my DH enjoys looking at the Brochure about our cruise rather than the computer copies which I have..He also just handed me a lovely book from a Travel wholesaler which describes & has beautiful color photo's of many of the places we're doing on our cruise..

Cheers...:)Betty

Bet your's does not go past April 01, 2013..We

re all looking for a new one dated April 2013 to March 2014..Per DBA it will not be printed this year..Hope the people in charge of advertising at HAL re think their strategy..

A couple of weeks ago, we received a beautiful & expensively printed book from Oceania with lovely pics listing all their ships & cruises..Believe DH may have hidden it someplace since I can't find it now..

Ruth we received another brochure from a TA, which indicates that the Prinsendam will be doing another 64 day cruise from FTL the same day we return (March 14) ..She departs FTL at 5:p.m. for a Grand Mediterranean cruise round trip...She returns to FTL on May 17..After that have no idea what she will be doing, but I see a Baltic cruise which departs London on June 01..

Our TA seems t think that many cruise lines are getting away from Printing cruise brochures..I said that HAL should understand that many of their Psgrs are in an age group that may not be as computer savvy as their Kids are..Many still want to see & compare cruises in brochures with pics before they book on-line..I know my DH enjoys looking at the Brochure about our cruise rather than the computer copies which I have..He also just handed me a lovely book from a Travel wholesaler which describes & has beautiful color photo's of many of the places we're doing on our cruise..

Cheers...:)Betty

Betty I can tell you what the Prinsendam does on May 17th:) She does a TA and Baltic Collectors cruise:) The TA covers three ports in France, then Belgium and on to Tilbury where some leave, some come on and then she's off to the Baltics with three ovenights - Copenhagen, St. Petersburg and Hamburg. She returns to Tilbury and then proceeds on the Celtic Adventure:D The only bad thing about the itinerary is that is still a LONG ways away;)

:)

I went in today - the only cruise atlas they have is the one that ends in April 2013 just as others have suggested. So, at least in the Maritimes, there is not a more recent Atlas available at this time.;)

The Atlas that ends April 2013 is the most current the FCC had on Maasdam two weeks ago.

I know I am not the most computer literate and cannot dance around a website as smoothly as many here so could someone please tell me how I would have 'stumbled' on the Veendam seven day Boston to Boston cruise in 2013 that is offered only one week? Had I not learned about it word of mouth, I don't know how I ever would have found out it existed from dancing on HAL's site.

I didn't know they were doing it, didn't know to look for it, they haven't done it for three years and are only doing it one time......

How is a person to find that on HAL site :confused: if they didn't even know to look for it?

How is a person to find that on HAL site :confused: if they didn't even know to look for it?

It's sort of like an ad that's currently running for a soup brand:

Is there a woman I can talk to?

Dear HAL,

Did you ever walk past a jewelry (shoe, clothing, etc.) store and notice something special in the window? Through the window it called to you "Take me home. I want to be with you." And even though you weren't shopping, had no need for the item, and had no intention of buying anything that day, all of a sudden you were walking out of the store---the proud new owner of that jewelry (pair of shoes, new outfit, etc.).

Well, HAL, that's how I purchase my cruises.

How am I supposed to purchase a new cruise when you haven't put anything in the window to entice me?

Please, just a bauble will do the trick.

Yours truly,

A customer longing to book

Betty I can tell you what the Prinsendam does on May 17th:) She does a TA and Baltic Collectors cruise:) The TA covers three ports in France, then Belgium and on to Tilbury where some leave, some come on and then she's off to the Baltics with three ovenights - Copenhagen, St. Petersburg and Hamburg. She returns to Tilbury and then proceeds on the Celtic Adventure:D The only bad thing about the itinerary is that is still a LONG ways away;)

Thanks Jacqui..I was Trying to figure out her schedule for Ruth C., who wanted to have it for next year..

Ruth, maybe you should really send that e-mail/letter to HAL..The only way we found our Jan cruise was in the Grand Cruise folder..Otherwise we would be debating here for months..

Cheers...Everyone, I'm headed for Bed..Have an early appointment tomorrow..

Betty

The Atlas that ends April 2013 is the most current the FCC had on Maasdam two weeks ago.

I know I am not the most computer literate and cannot dance around a website as smoothly as many here so could someone please tell me how I would have 'stumbled' on the Veendam seven day Boston to Boston cruise in 2013 that is offered only one week? Had I not learned about it word of mouth, I don't know how I ever would have found out it existed from dancing on HAL's site.

I didn't know they were doing it, didn't know to look for it, they haven't done it for three years and are only doing it one time......

This is so true Judy - the only reason we found our Maasdam cruise was because YOU posted it on the boards and it got me looking.

The only reason I found our Prinsendam cruise was because dh wanted the Baltics (I didn't want to travel to Europe just to do the Baltics) - when I found the Baltics - the 31 day Prinsendam collectors cruise came up - and bam we were hooked.

But otherwise, unless i have a specific itinerary in mind (and often I don't). I'm not going to browse hundreds of web pages. We like the book - much easier for us both to mark, consider and choose. I consider my self fairly computer literate - but seriously;) I like to browse and choose;)

Thanks Jacqui..I was Trying to figure out her schedule for Ruth C., who wanted to have it for next year..

Ruth, maybe you should really send that e-mail/letter to HAL..The only way we found our Jan cruise was in the Grand Cruise folder..Otherwise we would be debating here for months..

Cheers...Everyone, I'm headed for Bed..Have an early appointment tomorrow..

Betty

as much as I PREFER the brochure if there is a ship you are interested in then it gets a bit easier on the website. You can plug in just the ship +/- one month and build it's itinerary. You can also elect Grand Voyages on the web site and choose your ship. for example, for Ruth C, here is the schedule so far for the Prinsendam's Grand Voyages http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/FindCruises.action?cfVer=2&destCode=W&dateCode=&durationCode=&portCode=&shipCodeSearch=PR

Not as pretty as a brochure - but it can get you thinking:D:D:D

You have to actively dig for something..... Drill down.

With a pretty brochure you can open, touch, quickly flip back to something else, put two pages together and compare.... At the same time.

You can do that over and over without waiting to boot, no waiting for pages to load, no annoying pop ups, no time outs...... And a brochure fits so much better tucked by DHs plate......... If I tried tucking my tablet with the chosen HAL webpage there the device would snooze long before he saw it. ( it snoozes, we don't cruise....) </rant>

you have to actively dig for something..... Drill down.

With a pretty brochure you can open, touch, quickly flip back to something else, put two pages together and compare.... At the same time.

You can do that over and over without waiting to boot, no waiting for pages to load, no annoying pop ups, no time outs...... And a brochure fits so much better tucked by dhs plate......... If i tried tucking my tablet with the chosen hal webpage there the device would snooze long before he saw it. ( it snoozes, we don't cruise....) </rant>

lol :):):)

You have to actively dig for something..... Drill down.

You can do that over and over without waiting to boot, no waiting for pages to load, no annoying pop ups, no time outs...... And a brochure fits so much better tucked by DHs plate......... If I tried tucking my tablet with the chosen HAL webpage there the device would snooze long before he saw it. ( it snoozes, we don't cruise....) </rant>

:D In other words,

You can sit with a cup of coffee or glass or wine,

turn the pages and relax and day dream over the various choices of which ship/where to cruise

instead of,

Procrastinating and dreading

having to fiddle around with the 'dam' drop down menu instructing

enter what you want.....

HOW can I know what I want when I don't know what they are offering? :eek: :D

DH is NOT going to sit with a laptop while watching the game to struggle to find a way to spend his vacation dollars

He WILL sit with a brochure and enjoy thumbing through it

AND marking pages/itineraries that interest him.

I know there are a lot of very smart people at HAL Seattle but what I don't know is why they are making it so hard for us to buy what they are selling? :confused:

Archived