How many times have you chosen the same ship?

cruzlovr75

• 7 months later...

we have been on the Miracle 3 times, our favorite ship!:)

we have been on the Elation 2 times and loved that ship.:)

been on the Dream 2 times, okay ship!:)

been on the Freedom 2 times, not a fan of the conquest size ship!:)

I am curious to know how many times you've sailed the same ship and why?

We just sailed on the Dream, and we really liked that ship. I am already browsing cruises on it for next year different itinerary. Would you choose the same ship again or choose something different for a change?

Splendor 5x because she was sailing from Long Beach and it was closer to home and we really liked her.

Love sailing the same ship if it's one I like.................and I haven't met one yet that I didn't, lol. Even the same itinerary is fun..........there's always something new to do at each port. Every cruise, we try to find something different we haven't done or tried before. Keeps it interesting.:)

We just sailed on the Dream, and we really liked that ship. I am already browsing cruises on it for next year different itinerary. Would you choose the same ship again or choose something different for a change?

We leave in 19 days for our third cruise on the Liberty. Our fifth cruise ever. We have chosen them based on itinerary. in 2013, we liked the itinerary and the upgrades and thought it would be a good choice for our first family cruise.

This year we actually booked the Valor due to itinerary and were pleasantly surprised when it was switched to the Liberty.

our next cruise on the Liberty we chose cause we loved the itinerary so much with the kids at Spring Break. We have different things we like to do then they do and I ended up sitting with our stuff most of the time and we like to snorkel and they don't so I wasn't able to do so. So, we decided to go back on it and do the things we enjoy without them :)

I will be sailing Sunshine for the second time next May. I ate crow...said I would never sail that ship, and then we got a killer last minute deal for our February cruise...I loved the ship!! So, when she comes to Charleston next year I will be boarding her again!!

Holiday 3x

Loved Holiday.

Elation 6x.

She follows us around.

And Triumph 2x

Triumph is my current favorite.

Triumph is a fave even after the "poop cruise" (which I didn't go on - but went after and they did a fab overhaul.

Now looking forward to the Magic and I can't wait! :)

I did Splendor twice out of NYC:

Jan 2014 8 day Florida Bahamas

Sep 2014 7 day New England/Canada

Then Splendor for a third time out of Miami in Jan 2015 for a 7 day Western Caribbean.

I enjoyed each cruise. It was nice to be familiar with the crew and the ship. It was great when I encountered crew members that recognized me. I now feel at home on the Splendor.

I was going to book a fourth Splendor cruise for Nov 2015 out of Miami but I liked the 8 day Conquest out of FLL for an Eastern Caribbean cruise. Hopefully I will like Conquest just as much as Splendor. Conquest has Guy's so that will be good to try.

Sunshine will do the 2016 Spring to Fall season out of NYC. Hopefully it is just as nice or better than Splendor.:cool:

I have been on 27 cruises on 25 different ships. In both cases I went on different itineraries. Given my choice, I would go on a different ship. But sometimes there is a limited choice of which ship will take me where I want to go.

That said, I have been on several ships of the same class. I've been on three of the four Spirit class ships. I have been on four of the file Voyager class ships. I've been on two of the Conquest class ships. I've been on two of the Fantasy class ships and in two days it will be three of the Fantasy class ships. Being on a familiar class of ships is almost like repeating a ship. You know where everything is, just the names have been changed (to protect the innocent I guess).

Fantasy is the only Carnival ship I've sailed on more than once and that was because Charleston is one of the few ports where it's reasonable for us to drive. One cruise was during October and the leaves were turning, so we thought we would be able to enjoy the fall foliage. We did have a great drive and cruise, but it turned out that our departure date was when Sandy was just east of Charleston. Our ship was one of the few that made it out as planned. The Florida departures were delayed a day and everything north of us was canceled. We had been listening to the weather reports all the way down to Charleston and decided if the cruise was cancelled we were lucky because we had decided to drive and would have a car to go somewhere else. As it turned out, the cruise was great and we only missed one port because of damage.