New Diamond Member

amc40

Going on the Explorer soon - I've read that beer is also available during the 'cocktail hours'...has anyone been on recently and can confirm this?

Beer is available in the Concierge Lounge (CL) during the cocktail hour. The CL is for guests in GS or higher suites, and guests that are C&A members at the Diamond Plus or higher level.

Explorer does not currently have a dedicated Diamond Lounge, so for Diamond C&A members, there is only the nightly Diamond Event, which has free house champagne, wine, and soft drinks. Everything else (including beer) is 25% off.

Celebrity "perks" are so far "above and beyond" RCCL.

I am also DIAMOND and Oct 11 I first sailed on Celebrity Millinium.. was I every impressed. Since then I have taken Celebrity in Jan, Mar, April 2012 and RCCL in Dec.

I'm upset when I can't find a Celebrity for the amount of days and price that I want now until November so I'll have to settle for RCCL.

I also agree with some of the other postings. RCCL "DIAMOND PLUS" characters seem to have a bit of a snob attitude which I can do without.

Look forward to being ELITE ON CELEBRITY.... Enjoy.

My wife and I are RCCl fans. We did sail on celebrity a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. The Lounge for repeat cruisers was smaller. No one asked us for keys or anything else. I asked the host and she told us that they printed out everyone's pic and knew who should be there. And the service was great.

Caughrons

RCCL "DIAMOND PLUS" characters seem to have a bit of a snob attitude which I can do without.

That's an interesting perception. My perception, also based on nothing factual, is that the "suite people" have more of an attitude.

What I have definitely observed is that the suite guests are more apt to ignore the dress code suggestions for the lounge while D+ know the rules and follow them.

There are quite a few ships now that have had their Royal Advantage makeover. They now have Diamond lounges. Splendour, Rhapsody, Radiance, and Mariner. If there is a Diamond Lounge or Club there won't be a Diamond breakfast area. Ships without a DC have a separate area of the dining room for breakfast. The only advantage is being able to get specialty coffees at NC. The coffee is available in the DC so no need to have a D breakfast.

There is no diamond lounge on the Mariner.

There is no diamond lounge on the Mariner.

The poster probably included Mariner because they knew Mariner's dry dock improvements include a Diamond Lounge. Mariner's dry dock is scheduled to be complete in 3 days.

I'm with you...

I'm diamond, and I don't think I've ever used anything.

Never went in diamond lounge, not sure a private lounge appeals to me.

free drinks is fine, but you can't bring non diamonds (my fiance isn't diamond)

i always do breakfast in windjammer...

what other perks?

oh some kind of balcony discount? yeah I'm sure my travel agent applies it, she's good like that.

again... happy to be diamond, but other than the coupon books. it doesn't really mean much of anything for me. Maybe i'm missing out on something....

I'm with you...

what other perks?

oh some kind of balcony discount? yeah I'm sure my travel agent applies it, she's good like that.

again... happy to be diamond, but other than the coupon books. it doesn't really mean much of anything for me. Maybe i'm missing out on something....

While guests of Diamond members are generally not permitted access to the lounges or events, I would imagine that most concierges would allow your fiancé to accompany you in any Diamond lounge or event.

All day specialty coffee is a perk we like as much as or perhaps more than the cocktail hour. If we are traveling by ourselves we seem to make more use of the lounges and events, If we are with family or friends, not as much, as you pointed out because of their exclusion.

enjoy

M

While guests of Diamond members are generally not permitted access to the lounges or events, I would imagine that most concierges would allow your fiancé to accompany you in any Diamond lounge or event.

M

We tried on Allure, were told no.

I'm with you...

what other perks?

You can get her elevated to your status as soon as you're members of the same household. Yet another reason for her to marry you! :)

We live in the same home now, I guess I should do that. But again, we just never really saw benefit of it.

free house wine and champagne are nice, but not that big of a deal to us.

We'll get in there on our honeymoon cruise i'm sure, but otherwise, I think we have to book a suite or become diamond plus to get any perks we'd really care about.

Archived