2 adults and two children 7 and 11 inside cabin on Monarch

Hey all....

While we were planning a trip to Disney for the kids this summer I decided to see if we can sneak a short cruise in there somehow. Turns out we could and booked a 3 night on the Monarch. I really don't care for the short cruises but it was all i could get around that time period so I took it.

To save us cash this is the first time we are doing an inside as a family. After seeing some photos I am a little worried because we typically book balcony staterooms but to cruise then follow with a 6 day trip at Disney we had to watch our dollars.

We already discussed making sure that we try to only use the room for sleeping and take advantage of being on deck during the days but I'm still worried.

Can anyone who has had a party of 4 in an inside cabin (on Monarch if possible) reassure me some or give me some tips?

2 adults and 2 kids aged 7 and 11.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Fred

The Monarch inside or outside cabin is only 120 - 122 sq. ft. - 10X12 and that includes the bathroom, dresser and closets. It will be VERY VERY tight. We’ve done 4 in ocean view cabin (when my children were young but the cabin was substantially larger than those on the Monarch).

If you do decide to take these accommodations, I can offer a few bits of advice

1 Keep the beds apart – that will at least give you walking space in the cabin

2 Pack VERY light. You will likely need to keep some clothes in a suit case you might keep under the bed

3 Two of you can shower/dress in the spa/gym area.

Did you check to see what two cabins would run. Sometimes the 3rd and 4th in a cabin is not much of savings.

You might want to search photos to see the room layout to see if the cabin will work for you.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Our very first cruise on Majesty was 4 in an inside. We didn not know if we would like cruising and husband felt if he saw the Ocean via the cabin he may get sea sick. We figured we'd try an inexpensive short trial.

Well- we still laugh to this day over that cruise as it was our 'closet' trip we fondly call it.

We found out we loved cruising-figured we needed lots of space, and no one gets sea sick!!!

If you have a sense of humor-you'll get through it. ;) It will be tight!! Yes, we kept suitcases under the bed and lived out of those. Assigned shower times!! lol and had extreme family bonding time!!:D

Our family did a 4 night cruise on the Sovereign of the Seas several years ago. Our kids were 9 and 12 at the time. Our cabin was 122 square feet. DW and I slept on twin beds, the kids slept on Pullmans. Was it tight? Absolutely. Did it ruin our vacation? ABSOLUTELY NOT! We were glad to be on a cruise and we made the best of it. It was actually so tight that we could not all get dressed for dinner at the same time. DS and I would go first and then go hang out in a lounge until DW and DS showed up. It was a great family vacation and we all had a great time. Go into it with an open mind and make do with what you have. You'll have a great vacation!

Thanks for the responses everyone. Made me smile.

As for showering, I usually get out early and sit on deck somewhere in the morning to have a cup of coffee and ease into the day so I am out of the stateroom while the girls all get ready. For dinner it will be a whole other story. I like the idea of using the SPA/Gym showers.

We are renting a car and parking in the garage to avoid bringing a lot of luggage on board. Probably only one bag total. Leaving the rest of our bags locked up in the car. SOOO much easier I think this way and will save a lot of space.

I also agree that anything more than the 3 days and I'd probably be sleeping on deck somewhere in a lounge chair with a blanket. :)

Will separate the beds as suggested. Once the girls are up in their bunks they usually sleep through the night so that should work out.

Anything else?

Thanks again everyone!

Fred

Fred -

Since you mentioned trying to watch money – You might want to consider some of the off-site cruise port parking, (approx) $6/day compared to $15/day and they consider your three night cruise - FOUR days for parking purposes. We've parked at the Raddison and Cruise N Park as well as used several hotel parking packages.

Check those cruise rates again as renting a car and keeping it in a lot for several days might be more expensive in the long run than getting the two cabins and having room for the additional “Disney” luggage.

There is a lot of good info on the "Florida Departure" CC boards. There is a thread specific for Port Canaveral with LOTS of great info.

Enjoy

Well we aren't just renting the car for the cruise it's to get there from the airport and back to Disney after the cruise ends. We compared against transportation services and couldn't get a better deal than a rental car PLUS we now get to use it while at Disney and can come and go as we want.

I'll definitely check into offsite parking. Thanks for the tip!

You'll probably want the beds apart, as this will make it easier to get to the upper beds. (You won't have any privacy for romance anyway.) Also you'll want to know where the nearest public restrooms are. You can even use the gym showers if needed. Enjoy your cruise.

Hey all....

While we were planning a trip to Disney for the kids this summer I decided to see if we can sneak a short cruise in there somehow. Turns out we could and booked a 3 night on the Monarch. I really don't care for the short cruises but it was all i could get around that time period so I took it.

To save us cash this is the first time we are doing an inside as a family. After seeing some photos I am a little worried because we typically book balcony staterooms but to cruise then follow with a 6 day trip at Disney we had to watch our dollars.

We already discussed making sure that we try to only use the room for sleeping and take advantage of being on deck during the days but I'm still worried.

Can anyone who has had a party of 4 in an inside cabin (on Monarch if possible) reassure me some or give me some tips?

2 adults and 2 kids aged 7 and 11.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Fred

:cool:No problem. Have done it a couple of times. Have hubby dress and leave. Keep things as neat as possible. Messy room makes it unbearable. Put stuff away where it goes when done. ENJOY:cool:

I traveled 4 to a room with my sister and parents until I was 18 or 19, including the Monarch and Majesty. Yes, it it was tight, but it worked fine, even for 7 days, and that's how we afforded the Christmas or New Years Cruises (which used to go for the "brochure" rate + a supplement--was easily $6,000 for a 7-day holiday cruise in a quad stateroom 20 years ago).

It did get better when we started going to late seating, since it was easier to get ready in shifts (i.e, mom and dad get ready from 6-7, then me and sister come back from the pool and get ready 7-8). Eventually, my parents finally felt it was time for 2 cabins (thankfully).

Four people in a small cabin - I recommend a can of air freshener! Seriously, four people all have toilet needs and a simple can of freshener can make the cabin sharing experience much more pleasant. Have fun. Take lots of photos. The Monarch is one of our favorite ships. She may be old, but she is still a wonderful ship.

not sure what type of deal you got, but keep checking for possibly an SOV on deck 9. I checked the prices for this cruise and they seem to have come down, you could always upgrade if the price is the same or lower.

not sure if there are any C&A coupons out for this one or not.

if you stick with the inside - you will manage though - sounds like you're a good planner.

not sure what type of deal you got, but keep checking for possibly an SOV on deck 9. I checked the prices for this cruise and they seem to have come down, you could always upgrade if the price is the same or lower.

not sure if there are any C&A coupons out for this one or not.

if you stick with the inside - you will manage though - sounds like you're a good planner.

sov on deck 9 only accomdate 2 people. We have five going in june and couldn't get rci to let us do 3 in one sov and 2 in the other.

Archived