Some AQ amenities eliminated?

OceanCruise

I was just looking at the Celebrity site and there is no more mention of sparkling wine and fresh fruit under the AQ amenities. This seems to coincide with the new press release for the new suite amenities that lists a new brand of sparking wine.

I was just looking at the Celebrity site and there is no more mention of sparkling wine and fresh fruit under the AQ amenities. This seems to coincide with the new press release for the new suite amenities that lists a new brand of sparking wine.

Just disembarked Eclipse--having stayed in an AquaClass stateroom--yesterday in Southampton... The amenities--including sparkling wine at embarkation and fresh fruit--were unchanged from those received on prior AquaClass sailings and there was no talk/suggestion of any upcoming changes...

The Celebrity website is, unfortunately, known to be a source of misinformation in terms of what it says and in terms of what it doesn't say...

I'm booked for a an upcoming AQ. If you read it all on the web site, it says that the AQ has everything the standard, and the concierge has and a plus the extras that is for the AQ class. So yes you do get the sparkling wine and the fruit.

I too do not see anything that indicates that we get the same amenities as CC!:eek: Hope it is all there when we board in just over five weeks! If you do a fake booking the information is different from when we booked.

Snow bunny

It is interesting that the Eclipse, Solstice, Equinox and Reflection listings (on the -X- site) says for Aqua

Features:

In addition to our Concierge Class amenities, AquaClass guests receive:

• Priority seating in Blu, a specialty restaurant created just for AquaClass guests that also serves complimentary healthy continental breakfast daily

and for Concierge

Sparkling wine, fresh fruit and flowers upon arrival

However, the Silhouette does not say either of those.

It is interesting that the Eclipse, Solstice, Equinox and Reflection listings (on the -X- site) says for Aqua

Features:

In addition to our Concierge Class amenities, AquaClass guests receive:

• Priority seating in Blu, a specialty restaurant created just for AquaClass guests that also serves complimentary healthy continental breakfast daily

and for Concierge

Sparkling wine, fresh fruit and flowers upon arrival

However, the Silhouette does not say either of those.

Probably hasn't been updated since Silhouette went into service...

Not to worry. The sparkling wine and fresh fruit will be there.

On our Solstice cruise last June, the sparkling wine provided was pretty average. We didn't know to ask for a change or switch. How lucky or good does it get on asking to switch for getting a better option of wine?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 78,367 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

On our Solstice cruise last June, the sparkling wine provided was pretty average. We didn't know to ask for a change or switch. How lucky or good does it get on asking to switch for getting a better option of wine?

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 78,367 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

I believe it depends. We have not been very lucky in the past. We agree it is not very good. What we do is get orange juice and use it for Mimosas.

I believe it depends. We have not been very lucky in the past. We agree it is not very good. What we do is get orange juice and use it for Mimosas.

Appreciate the super great idea. Will copy and save in my computer file for use on the Solstice when doing Sydney to New Zealand, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2011.

Just off Summit in concierge cabin. We got some of the listed perks and had to request the other perks. The sparkling wine wasn't very good. We got some flowers and fruit. The daily canapes were awful....not worth eating. We didn't get the thicker towels, tote bag, card holder, pillow menu, any breakfast menu, or water pitcher. We had to beg to get better towels, a thick pillow, a tote bag that wasn't paper, more soap and shampoo, and beach towels. It took us 4 days to get a decent pillow. We never got the beach towels in the room or the water pitcher. We didn't get all the listed concierge perks even after we went to concierge desk and guest relations. Last cruise we had a regular veranda cabin that had better amenities. We are not sure why the concierge class wasn't concierge as described.

Just off Summit in concierge cabin. We got some of the listed perks and had to request the other perks. The sparkling wine wasn't very good. We got some flowers and fruit. The daily canapes were awful....not worth eating. We didn't get the thicker towels, tote bag, card holder, pillow menu, any breakfast menu, or water pitcher. We had to beg to get better towels, a thick pillow, a tote bag that wasn't paper, more soap and shampoo, and beach towels. It took us 4 days to get a decent pillow. We never got the beach towels in the room or the water pitcher. We didn't get all the listed concierge perks even after we went to concierge desk and guest relations. Last cruise we had a regular veranda cabin that had better amenities. We are not sure why the concierge class wasn't concierge as described.

I will keep that mind as we upgraded to Concierge for nothing.

Do they tell you where the Concierge desk is if I needed to seek someone out?

Did you ask to swap out the canapes for cheese & crackers or shrimp cocktail? We didn't find our pillow menu and breakfast menu until part way through our cruise - it was all there in the black binder that is in the cabin. Ice buckets are standard but they have sort of done away with the water pitcher - I have to request it every cruise. I seem to remember the beach towels only showing up in the cabin the night before a port. It really sounds like your room steward was not up to snuff with all the missing items. And I agree, the sparkling wine is best mixed with OJ:D

There wasn't any breakfast menu. When I asked about beach towels, I was told that we could get them on deck 1 as we left the ship. On deck 1, we were told to go to deck 10 at the pool. In the past, breakfast menus were placed on the bed in the evening and pool/beach towels were placed in the cabin without any special requests. Celebrity seems to forget what services made them special. Many people on the ship compared them to Carnival. Celebrity is the new Carnival? Perhaps if they keep deleting stuff.

Just off the Summit. We had the flowers, canapes, sparkling wine in our cabin. Also a bucket of ice. I did see the breakfast menu in the back of the binder.

In reading this posting, I realize we never had any thick towels or the plush bedding or the pillow menu!

We felt our Summit cruise was a big step down from the S-Class ships. I just posted a message about our cabin attendant problems. I'm on the Silhouette in the fall and I'm sure I will have better service.

Monica

We are currently in aqua on the equinox. We get two bottles of water a day in the room ... We now have a collection. Raspberry iced tea, ice, full bottle of celebrity brand sparkling wine (exchange it at dinner for a 28 dollar credit towards some decent wine)' pillow menu was missing but no problem getting a different pillow, plush towels and bathrobes, fresh flowers fresh fruit every day, priority tender tickets.

Aqua may be more settled on S class. I'm wondering if the hotel director on Summit has worked AQ on an S class ship. I had better luck than Monica in some aspects and worse in others. Stateroom attendant told me they'd run out of tote bags, then gave us 2. I left the second one there unopened.

I successfully upgraded the sparkling wine to a good bottle by taking it to Blu on the first night. For about $10, we had something we enjoyed for two nights. Our sommelier, Eren, was terrific throughout the cruise (ended yesterday) as was the entire staff of Blu.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Aqua may be more settled on S class. I'm wondering if the hotel director on Summit has worked AQ on an S class ship. I had better luck than Monica in some aspects and worse in others. Stateroom attendant told me they'd run out of tote bags, then gave us 2. I left the second one there unopened.

I successfully upgraded the sparkling wine to a good bottle by taking it to Blu on the first night. For about $10, we had something we enjoyed for two nights. Our sommelier, Eren, was terrific throughout the cruise (ended yesterday) as was the entire staff of Blu.

Wow, good idea to take that sparkling wine to Blu for an "upgrade". I was thinking of asking my cabin attendent for an "exchange", telling him/her that the bubbles upset my stomach. :rolleyes: Your $10 idea sounds much easier! Thanks!

Gail

I've done that before but didn't think about it for this cruise. Will do so in December.

Monica

Archived