A neat "lost and found" story from my Freedom cruise

This might not mean a whole lot to most but it sure did to my mother.

She had a 66 year old picture of her as a baby with her on our cruise a couple weeks ago. She had gotten it from her sister before our cruise and packed it away in her luggage.

At some point during the cruise she got it out and was looking at it. Well somehow she misplaced it. As far as she knows, its the only one in existance.

She told our stateroom attendant Alpheus if he found it could he please send it to her and gave him her contact information and some money for postage. She really thought she would never see it again and just kinda wrote it off!

She arrived at home in Concord NC Sunday evening after spending another week after cruise with family and she had a Royal Caribbean envelope in the mailbox with her picture in it :)

I just thought that was very nice of our stateroom attendant Alpheus to do that and even though giving him high praise on the comment card for his wonderful service, I plan on writing someone at Royal caribbean to tell them. I just dont know who I should write? :confused:

That is very nice. I think you can find someone at RCI to tell and may also ask for the hotel manager's email address on the ship so that person can give it a personal touch. Hotel mangers love it when you applaud one of their people and usually recognize them for it. :D

Sounds like a great ending to your cruise!

I hope someone can guide you to an appropriate address for your comments. I had an issue about a year ago and wrote to the address noted on the "Contact Us" portion of the web site. I received a phone call within 24 hours the issue was addressed.

M

What a wonderful story. It is always awesome to hear of the kindness from others. We live on a great planet and it is always the little things that really make life good.

Thanks for sharing and I am very happy for your mother, now please take the advice from the previous post and have her get copies made for future preservation.

She had a 66 year old picture of her as a baby with her on our cruise a couple weeks ago. She had gotten it from her sister before our cruise and packed it away in her luggage.

At some point during the cruise she got it out and was looking at it. Well somehow she misplaced it. As far as she knows, its the only one in existance.

She told our stateroom attendant Alpheus if he found it could he please send it to her and gave him her contact information and some money for postage. She really thought she would never see it again and just kinda wrote it off!

She arrived at home in Concord NC Sunday evening after spending another week after cruise with family and she had a Royal Caribbean envelope in the mailbox with her picture in it :)

I just thought that was very nice of our stateroom attendant Alpheus to do that and even though giving him high praise on the comment card for his wonderful service, I plan on writing someone at Royal caribbean to tell them. I just dont know who I should write? :confused:

Its great to know that there are good people in this world. He could have just tossed it in the trash, but he didn't.

Probably somebody on here knows who to write to in RCI. In life many times its what you do when nobody is looking that counts. Alpheus seems like a good solid soul.

If nothing else, perhaps you can post your cabin number here and somebody that is sailing on the Freedom in the near future may be able to track him down for you and get some contact info. He may even be on FB but at least you may get an e-mail address? It's great to hear something good for a change isn't it?

If nothing else, perhaps you can post your cabin number here and somebody that is sailing on the Freedom in the near future may be able to track him down for you and get some contact info. He may even be on FB but at least you may get an e-mail address? It's great to hear something good for a change isn't it?

As I will be sailing on Freedom the 27th of this month, I would be more than happy to deliver ANYTHING you would like to be given to Alpheus. Whether you choose to or not, I'm still gonna look him up and tell him about your happiness!!!

Tim

As I will be sailing on Freedom the 27th of this month, I would be more than happy to deliver ANYTHING you would like to be given to Alpheus. Whether you choose to or not, I'm still gonna look him up and tell him about your happiness!!!

Tim

Thank you so much :) I do have his email address and sent him a Thank You last night! He actually included that in the envelope!

He is on deck 8 near the aft elevators and I was in cabin 8315.

if you could pass along a big THANK YOU from "Ryan in the wheelchair" he should most definitely remember me :)

Gifts are just needless stuff they dont have room to store. I took good care of him above and beyond prepaid gratuity wise so just a nice word of thanks from me and my mom would be great if you have time!

Thank you so much :) I do have his email address and sent him a Thank You last night! He actually included that in the envelope!

He is on deck 8 near the aft elevators and I was in cabin 8315.

if you could pass along a big THANK YOU from "Ryan in the wheelchair" he should most definitely remember me :)

Gifts are just needless stuff they dont have room to store. I took good care of him above and beyond prepaid gratuity wise so just a nice word of thanks from me and my mom would be great if you have time!

I read your review and loved it.

I will be looking him up for sure. We are on deck 7 aft and will not be a problem. Consider it DONE!!! We will make time for this Ryan.

Tim

What a great story! I had really really good customer service one time from an on line travel agency. When I went to the site after getting home, there was only a complaint" button to click. I clicked the complaint button, told my story and then asked them to put in a "compliment" button so we can say thanks! I did get a reply that my thanks and compliment was sent on. :D

If you go to the RCL website--Customer Service---part way down is a "post cruise" comments...you can either e-mail them or they provide a snail mail address.

I have e-mailed them with comments about our cruises. They ask for your sail date, reservation number etc. Your remarks are also sent to the ship to be included in the crew members permanent file.

They always reply promptly and seem very happy when they receive positive remarks. :)

Archived