Hangers in the closet

kawaiidmc

I bring my clothes that hang right on the hangers. Just take them out of the suitcase and hang. I use those hangers that things won't fall off of .... it has some kind of flocking on them. Great for dresses with skinny straps. Even in rough seas the clothes stay on the hangers. I bring a few extra also for things we pack that might need to get the wrinkles out of. Hang them in the shower and no need for the iron at the laundry room!

On the 1st cruise it didn't occur to me to take hangers. I asked the steward and waited and waited. She finally brought a couple, nowhere near enough. I am slightly(although DH would say obsessively) OCD and I like to unpack as soon as the luggage arrives. That way, I can mark it off my list and go on about enjoying the day. On subsequent trips, I've just taken a handful of cheap wire hangers and usually leave them in the closet at the of the cruise.

I always take on a cruise about 2 dozen wire hangers that you would get from the Dry Cleaners. Sure there are wood hangers in the cabin closets but not enough. I just leave them after the cruise. I tie wire ties in about 3 places on the wire hangers so they take little room and stay together in the suit case. Also no cost involved to the cruiser.

I rehang my clothes when we are getting ready to leave the ship so that I know for sure that I have not forgotten some of my clothes. (I also have a list of what I wear each day....again to make sure I don't leave something behind) My DH thinks I'm crazy but I have yet to lose an article of clothing that way! LOL

My husband usually packs additional wire hangers whenever we cruise, as he knows that I have all but banned them from our closet *LOL* After the cruise is over we usually leave the hangers for the cabin steward.

Since we always carry our own luggage on board, as soon as we get into our cabin, everything gets put away - shorts on a shelf; khakis, polos, and dress pants for my husband hung, and tops and dresses for me hung. Everything that has been worn (and not washed via the Platinum Laundry Program) gets put into our laundry bag; all other clothing goes into one of our suitcases, and immediately before leaving the cabin for the last time, I do a final sweep of the entire cabin, making sure that everything has been packed. So far we have not left anything behind!

I use wire hangers in my one set of luggage. I use the ones with the cardboard roller along the bottom. Then on the ship, I put a pair of pants over the roller, a golf shirt over the hanger, and then a dress shirt over the golf shirt. 1 hanger for 3 pieces of clothing.:)

whether cruise or land vacations there is never enough hangers in the room/cabin. Anytime we travel the first thing I do is hang up our clothes to help get the wrinkles out. So, I make sure I have in our luggage the clothes on the hanger. Never have had to ask for more on any kind of vacations. Hope this helps.

I always grab a handful of wire hangers to take along. There are never enough, and the big fat ones in the closet take up alot of room! I'm usually unpacked before we see our steward. I hang everything!

I bring my clothes that hang right on the hangers. Just take them out of the suitcase and hang. I use those hangers that things won't fall off of .... it has some kind of flocking on them. Great for dresses with skinny straps. Even in rough seas the clothes stay on the hangers. I bring a few extra also for things we pack that might need to get the wrinkles out of. Hang them in the shower and no need for the iron at the laundry room!

I do the same. I am always unpacked way before DH. He just won't take my suggestion. I rehang clothes when I have worn them and then just stick hangers and all in the suitcase when I pack to go home. So easy!

BTW, My DH would nefer swear but he does have a favorite four-letter word when we cruise. It is PACK! DH starts the evening before saying, "We have to pack tomorrow." Then he uses that same awful word ALL DAY on the last full day. It drives me bonkers!

I pack my clothes right out of the closet on the hangers. Makes putting things away very simple. Wrap dry cleaning bags around about 5 each and they don't wrinkle for a physics defying reason. Never enough hangers in the cabin.

I am putting hangers on my list. I have quite a lot in one of the spare bedrooms. I also went to the cleaners yesterday and while I was there, I asked for some extra plastic bags. She gave me a bunch and even though I have never done this, I will hang clothes and then put them in the suitcase. They say just fold in half and when you get to your cabin and unpack, all you have to do is hang up. Was told the clothes won't wrinkle this way. So here goes for me, a new way to pack. Hope it works. :)

One section of the closet can be used as shelving. We do that & fold our non wrinkle type clothes there, it's easier than hanging everthing up & saves on space. I pack enough already w/o worrying about hangers- if you really need more hangers, ask your cabin steward.

Are Carnival's hangers the one's that have a ring that stays on the rod and the clothes hanger triangular part comes off the ring? If so, bring some wire hangers so you can use them in the shower or de-wrinkle clothes, so if you need to rinse something out and hang in the shower to dry. m--

How in heaven's name can you people pack hangers? - I am always at the weight limit for my luggage (airlines rules you know!) - and can't imagine bringing anything extra like hangers (when an extra pair of flip flops will do! :) )....I always ask the room steward for extra hangers as soon as I get in the cabin and have no problem have LOTS of these provided fairly promptly.

Leave the hangers at home - more room for clothes and other stuff! :)

I always bring a few with me but everytime we have cruise there have been plenty to hang all of our clothes.

I agree with Jenny...I have never had a problem with hangers in the cabin. We also travel with ours on hangers. Of course we don't usually fly...now next year for at least one cruise that will change. I would just ask the steward if we did need more.

Archived