Only got 17 C&A points on an 18 night cruise

I was on the Radiance cruise from Sydney to Hawaii. It was an 18 night cruise but we only received 17 C&A points. The reason was because we crossed the International Date Line and both Day 6 and Day 7 were Tuesday April 10th.

When you count the days on a calendar, we had 17 nights but we actually had 18 nights.

Andrew

I was on the Radiance cruise from Sydney to Hawaii. It was an 18 night cruise but we only received 17 C&A points. The reason was because we crossed the International Date Line and both Day 6 and Day 7 were Tuesday April 10th.

When you count the days on a calendar, we had 17 nights but we actually had 18 nights.

Andrew

Same happened to me. We went on a 9 day in 2006 and only 8 for the points. When I called I was told that cruises prior to the date that the calculations started had a day subtracted! Why? No reason that made any sense to me. Just the way RC did it. At least that's what I was told. Call and see what they tell you. I doubt it had anything to do with the crossing International Date Line, but if it did, I'm calling back! Mine was RT Baltimore!

Same happened to me. We went on a 9 day in 2006 and only 8 for the points. When I called I was told that cruises prior to the date that the calculations started had a day subtracted! Why? No reason that made any sense to me. Just the way RC did it. At least that's what I was told. Call and see what they tell you. I doubt it had anything to do with the crossing International Date Line, but if it did, I'm calling back! Mine was RT Baltimore!

In 2006, you wouldn't have gotten days of credit, just one or two points for the sailing. When they changed the program in 2011, every cruise counted as 7 nights, whether it was actually 3 or 14. Those who took cruises that earned 2 points got 14 nights' credit, and who booked cruises that earned 3 points got 21. Then they added some apparently random number of nights to everybody's account (we got 13).

OP, I recall this happening last year. Can't remember if those people got their night back or not, though.

Andrew

Hi Andrew - we had trouble getting our (double) points from Perth to Sydney but for another reason. I wrote a letter to them and got them though. Princess recognised our 'nights' when we crossed the IDL with them so good luck with getting them back - did you have 1100 again?

Are you back in Canada now? We have had a lot of trouble settling back in so had to go and book some more cruises with JD and Beresford:D Where are you off to next?

Hope to cruise with you again soon.

Di & Tony

Key calling! Take notes. Remember the persons name that you last spoke with. They have it all written down. Finally you will talk with someone with empathy, and authority and could possibly get what you deserve.

It worked for me. Good luck.

Andrew

That strikes me as very funny. :D

So silly of RC.

I agree............just call until you get someone who is reasonable. Stay calm, and you should prevail.

:)

Andrew

Lame........RCCL should really fix that because its not fair to the people who cruise 18 nights but dont get credit for all of then

Do you happen to have the original description of the cruise i.e. 18 night cruise from Syney etc., or does it show on your invoice "18 nights", then they have to give you the extra point. You obviously went to bed at night 18 times and got up on 18 mornings, I would persevere and eventually hopefully you will get it sorted out.

Like the OP we have done an 18 night cruise (Rhapsody 2009) but have been awarded 15 cruise points. Is this correct? We are doing another 18 nighter next Feb - how many points should we have after that - enough for platinum?;)

Like the OP we have done an 18 night cruise (Rhapsody 2009) but have been awarded 15 cruise points. Is this correct? We are doing another 18 nighter next Feb - how many points should we have after that - enough for platinum?;)

I believe your total of 15 points is correct. The C&A rules changed in Jan 2011. Cruises before that time earned a single credit per cruise, with an additional credit for being in a suite (JS or higher) or a cruise of 12 days or longer. Unless you were in a suite, you would have earned 2 credits on the old system, which got converted to 15 points.

In other words, conversion from the old credit system to the new point system was based totally on your value of old credits, not on the length of cruises. Cruise length only comes into play with cruises after Jan 2011.

Hi Andrew did you have 1100 again?

Are you back in Canada now? We have had a lot of trouble settling back in so had to go and book some more cruises with JD and Beresford:D Where are you off to next?

Hope to cruise with you again soon.

Di & Tony

Hi Di and Tony

Great to hear from you. I am back in Canada at last. I had 1104 for both cruises. No more cruises now till Sept 21st on Brilliance. I plan to spend all our summer here in Toronto and at my lake cottage north of here.

Just to clarify to others, it was an 18 night cruise and advertised as such. C&A are aware of the problem and have promised to fix it.

Andrew

Do you happen to have the original description of the cruise i.e. 18 night cruise from Syney etc., or does it show on your invoice "18 nights", then they have to give you the extra point. You obviously went to bed at night 18 times and got up on 18 mornings, I would persevere and eventually hopefully you will get it sorted out.

LOL! :D We were on the same 18 night cruise with Andrew. On our cuise history it says 18 night SYD-HNL and then cruise points..... 17. They can see it, just having some difficulty correcting it. :D

We're all in the same ship with complaints. Because we celebrated April 10th twice...it only shows 17 nights on the calendar.....and you know how their computers are. :rolleyes:

They are supposedly "addressing" it. If not, I'm sure we will write again.

~Patti :)

Oh yeah, and the JS and above people are missing 2 points!

Andrew

So if you lose a day going from Sydney to Hawaii, would RCI give you an extra day going from Hawaii to Sydney.:rolleyes:

So if you lose a day going from Sydney to Hawaii, would RCI give you an extra day going from Hawaii to Sydney.:rolleyes:

You have it bass-ackwards Rich. We received an extra (uncounted) day from SYD-HNL. The people going from HNL-SYD lost a day....their cruise was 19 nights on the calendar.......I serously doubt if any of them "complained" about receiving the extra point. :rolleyes::D

I was on the Radiance cruise from Sydney to Hawaii. It was

an 18 night cruise but we only received 17 C&A points. The reason was because we crossed

the International Date Line and both Day 6 and Day 7 were Tuesday April 10th.

Andrew

If you get static from the person that you are speaking to, I would request

a 1/18th refund of the amount you paid for the cruise.

According to how you are being credited for the cruise it was only 17 days and

YOU WERE BILLED AND PAID FOR 18 DAYS.

That sounds fair

Jeff

So does anyone have the answer to my second question?

So does anyone have the answer to my second question?

You have 15 now.

After your next cruise, you will have 33 points, unless you are cruising in a suite in February. 33 points means that AFTER you have completed that cruise, you will be Platinum.

Andrew

Someone has received a response from C&A about this.

Check out this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1185505&page=215

Scroll down to post #4284

Well, none of it makes any logical sense to me. For my 7 night on Freedom D1 cabin, I received a credit value of 7. The 9 night suite on Enchantment was worth 2. :confused::confused:

Prior to the C&A changes that would be correct...cruises less than 12nts (?) were 1 credit..a JS or higher got you a 2nd point...after the changes all points were converted to a 1nt..1pt value...so what is your point total now after conversion?

Well, none of it makes any logical sense to me. For my 7 night on Freedom D1 cabin, I received a credit value of 7. The 9 night suite on Enchantment was worth 2. :confused::confused:

When you look at your cruise history on Royal's website, it is presented in a very confusing manner. Cruises taken before Jan 2011 are listed with "cruise credits". Cruises taken after Jan 2011 are listed with "cruise points". Nowhere is this explained on the page with your history, so it's no wonder it does not make sense.

Just multiply "cruise credits" by 7 to get "cruise points". When they made the conversion from credits to points in Jan 2011, they added 1, 3, or 13 points depending on how many cruise credits you had, so that makes it even more confusing.

When you look at your cruise history on Royal's website, it is presented in a very confusing manner. Cruises taken before Jan 2011 are listed with "cruise credits". Cruises taken after Jan 2011 are listed with "cruise points". Nowhere is this explained on the page with your history, so it's no wonder it does not make sense.

Just multiply "cruise credits" by 7 to get "cruise points". When they made the conversion from credits to points in Jan 2011, they added 1, 3, or 13 points depending on how many cruise credits you had, so that makes it even more confusing.

They still have the credit converter on your personal C&A page, Bob. Anyone can plug their credits in by going to their "completed cruises" and putting in credits and then adding their additional cruise points. It will convert them automatically.

I don't really think it's that confusing.

And this is just annoying:

05-Apr-2012

Radiance Of The Seas

18 Night Tahiti And Hawaii Cruise

:rolleyes:

~Patti :)

Prior to the C&A changes that would be correct...cruises less than 12nts (?) were 1 credit..a JS or higher got you a 2nd point...after the changes all points were converted to a 1nt..1pt value...so what is your point total now after conversion?

Total points now are 38.

p.s. Thanks for clearing the mud! :)

Archived