Latitudes Silver Members question

dos equis

Hi all,

Just curious what to expect out of the "Exclusive Onboard Gathering with Ship Officers" that is listed as a perk for silver members. I'll be at the silver level on the Epic this fall and although I've experienced the Latitudes cocktail party as a bronze member on other ships, they don't offer these parties on the Epic. Will this "exclusive gathering" just be the same kind of thing as the Latitudes parties on other ships?

Thanks!

We were silver and invited to the special gathering on the Sun last June. It was very nice -- we were maybe three of 20 or so. Probably seven to 10 officers attending. Canapes and wine/champagne were offered. My son asked for and received a Pepsi. It was very nice. We spoke to every officer. Be forewarned, we had been laying out on the pool deck and came back to the cabin to find the invitation -- It was for 20 minutes later! We got cleaned up in a hurry. Very nice, definitely attend. It was also smart casual.

On Sun last October, it was held in the Observation Lounge and the group probably filled the front starboard side. Rather than a speech, the Officers went from group to group and chatted, thanked us for being there, etc. Due to the experience of our friend VaGirl, we knew that if you wanted a cocktail other than what was being passed, all you had to do was ask. DDP had quite a few dirty martinis!

LOL free, of course! for about an hour.:D

Just wondering because on the Pearl in March, at the chocolate buffet, they had campaign there (which I had never noticed on any of the other NCL ships before) and as soon as you picked one up, they told you their was a charge for it. :eek:

Do you get mixed fruity drinks during this party? :D

Just wondering because on the Pearl in March, at the chocolate buffet, they had campaign there (which I had never noticed on any of the other NCL ships before) and as soon as you picked one up, they told you their was a charge for it. :eek:

You can get mixed fruity drinks. The rum punch was especially tasty IMHO :p

Epic is so big that they only offer cocktail parties for Silver and up - we have been to a couple. They take place in Bliss and they are great!! I will not go into details ....

In January 2012 we were on Star (after 2 Epic cruises) and we went on as Platinum for the first time and we were in SJ Suite. We received no less than 3 invites ... one (the first one) to a regular Latitudes (all levels), one to special gathering (Silver and up) and one for the Suites and VIPs. They all were nice but the ones on Epic were the best :eek:

Now we look forward to the one on Epic this coming October!

Wife doesn't drink. Would it make any sense for me to go alone or should I try to "drag her" to one? She generally HATES mind-numbing "chit-chat" that can occur at "cocktail" parties and typically excuses herself from them. Should I just plan on going solo? Her mother will be with us so she will have company but I am wondering if I might be out of place going by myself.

Wife doesn't drink. Would it make any sense for me to go alone or should I try to "drag her" to one? She generally HATES mind-numbing "chit-chat" that can occur at "cocktail" parties and typically excuses herself from them. Should I just plan on going solo? Her mother will be with us so she will have company but I am wondering if I might be out of place going by myself.

You don't have to drink anything at all. You can also order something non-alcoholic. On the Sun, we were at a separate table by ourselves as it was a small venue. We only spoke with the officers that came to our table. I don't think you would feel weird going alone but perhaps you can coax your wife into attending. We even left early.

I went to one of those cocktail parties alone and did not feel out of place.

~La Princesa

The first time I saw the Champagne at the chocolate buffet was last year on the Star. There wasn't a prominent sign, I think just a small one by a table.

I went to the gathering last month on the Spirit. Instead of cocktails, it was a wine and cheese party. There was red and white wine, champagne and mimosas. The cheese was the same you find in the buffet. It was nice and I had a chance to ask some questions to the Latitude rep.

I went to the gathering last month on the Spirit. Instead of cocktails, it was a wine and cheese party. There was red and white wine, champagne and mimosas. The cheese was the same you find in the buffet. It was nice and I had a chance to ask some questions to the Latitude rep.

It was wine and cheese on the Sun in April also..., held in the Observation Lounge.

Archived