Is there an Iron and Ironing Board on Board?

milokama

Hi There,

36 hours and counting the SECONDS!!

The group of folks I'm with are all asking questions I don't know the answers to.

What is dress code on formal nights?

Do I have to wear a jacket?

All my clothes are going to be wrinkled.. is there an iron?

Can I send my clothes to be pressed? How much will it cost?

Any answers you can provide are very much appreciated!

No iron or ironing board available to passengers. You will have to send your clothes out to be pressed, but the prices are quite reasonable.

The dress code on formal nights is formal in the Main Dining room only. Everywhere else on the ship, including Blu and specialty restaurants are smart casual and above every night.

>>>What is dress code on formal nights?

Formal. That means a tux or dark suit for men. Formal is only required in the main dining room and other dining areas are smart casual every night. With that said you'll still see a lot of people in Blu and the Specialty Restuarants dressed formal on formal night right along with those dressed smart casual.

"Formal" attire:

Ladies: Cocktail dress, gown, or a dressy pantsuit.

Gentlemen: Tuxedo, suit or dinner jacket with slacks

>>>>Do I have to wear a jacket?

A tux or dark suit is the formal dress code as discussed above. Jackets are not required other nights, or in venues other than the main dining room, for men. Enforcement of the formal dress code does vary from time to time and on some cruises men can get into the main dining room on formal night without a jacket and on some they have been turned away or asked to wear a jacket provided by the dining room maitre d'.

>>>All my clothes are going to be wrinkled.. is there an iron?

There are no self serve laundry or pressing areas on the ship and passengers are not allowed to bring on irons or clothes steamers. The ship provides laundry and pressing services for a fee.

>>>>Can I send my clothes to be pressed? How much will it cost?

Yes. Look here for prices: http://www.celebritycruises.com/footer/faqResults.do?faqSubjectName=Ship+%26+Stateroom+Details&faqId=566&faqSubjectId=70

Hi milokoma! Have a safe and fun trip!

Unfortunately, Celebrity doesn't have self-serve laundry facilities. And the prices of laundry services seemed to have gone up, higher than what is on their website. Well at least on our trip on the Summit last month. Below are the prices from our trip.

IMG_2556.jpg

If you can pack to avoid wrinkles you shouldn't need the pressing service.

I'd imagine you have already started but if you can put your dresses, blouses and pants in dry cleaner bags that will help tremendously. The men's attire should receive the same treatment.

Careful packing is the key.

There are several sites here on Cruise Critic with packing primers but you probably have more on your mind than starting from scratch.

BTW, the laundry service on Celebrity is wonderful. I have never had an issue.

***THIS IS A JOKE***

As the ship was sinking, the girl looked over to her partner and said "oh we are doomed, please make me feel like a woman one last time". To which the man took his shirt of and said "here you go, the ironing board is just over there".

Hi milokoma! Have a safe and fun trip!

Unfortunately, Celebrity doesn't have self-serve laundry facilities. And the prices of laundry services seemed to have gone up, higher than what is on their website. Well at least on our trip on the Summit last month. Below are the prices from our trip.

IMG_2556.jpg

What's the 50% surcharge for?

No iron or ironing board available to passengers. You will have to send your clothes out to be pressed' date=' but the prices are quite reasonable.

The dress code on formal nights is formal in the Main Dining room only. Everywhere else on the ship, including Blu and specialty restaurants are smart casual and above every night.[/quote']

Or casual in the cafe area (can't remember its name)

What's the 50% surcharge for?

Express service is available at a 50% surcharge for same day service.

Otherwise the normal laundry service is two day: Give to your cabin steward in the morning and it is returned by 5PM the next day. The forms say items must be sent in by 9AM but the cabin stewards normally don't collect them until later in the morning.

On embarkation day any items submitted by the first evening will be returned the next day at the standard rates.

***THIS IS A JOKE***

As the ship was sinking, the girl looked over to her partner and said "oh we are doomed, please make me feel like a woman one last time". To which the man took his shirt of and said "here you go, the ironing board is just over there".

560550-14430-26.jpg

"Fortunately", there is no self-service on Celebrity....yeah!

No matter how many times we say we aren't going to waste time in the laundromat on Princess or another Line with it avail, we end up hitting it, and I Hate it. We cruise so we don't cook for ourselves, clean for ourselves or do the laundry.

As for ironing, even when it was avail, we didn't use it....no one Ever notices or cares about a wrinkle on a shirt, pants, dress or blouse on a cruise. If it bothers you, just pretend it is the style of that clothing!

Enjoy staying out of the laudromat, or Not standing in front of the ironing board.

Den

"Fortunately", there is no self-service on Celebrity....yeah!

No matter how many times we say we aren't going to waste time in the laundromat on Princess or another Line with it avail, we end up hitting it, and I Hate it.

We cruise so we don't cook for ourselves, clean for ourselves or do the laundry.

As for ironing, even when it was avail, we didn't use it....no one Ever notices or cares about a wrinkle on a shirt, pants, dress or blouse on a cruise. If it bothers you, just pretend it is the style of that clothing!

Enjoy staying out of the laudromat, or standing in front of the ironing board.

Den

My thoughts exactly.$2.50 to press my DH's shirts,what a bargain. Wash them at home, send to be pressed on the ship.Perfect solution since I haven't ironed a shirt in many,many years.;)

no one Ever notices or cares about a wrinkle on a shirt, pants, dress or blouse on a cruise.

SO untrue. I prefer to look my best in my best clothes (as do many others) and prefer to have garments pressed.

....no one Ever notices or cares about a wrinkle on a shirt, pants, dress or blouse on a cruise.

SO untrue. I prefer to look my best in my best clothes (as do many others) and prefer to have garments pressed.

We notice! My wife and I spend most of our time on board looking for people wearing wrinkled clothing, and then point them out to each other. We keep score to see which one of us spots the most. When we see someone wearing wrinkled clothing, we giggle like school children, and thoroughly enjoy making snide comments about them. It's the only reason we go out in the evenings. It is very important to us! :D

Seriously, we don't care. And we think that people who do notice and care about other people's wrinkled clothing should get a real life.

My thoughts exactly.$2.50 to press my DH's shirts,what a bargain. Wash them at home, send to be pressed on the ship.Perfect solution since I haven't ironed a shirt in many,many years.;)

Agree, been doing that for years with my son's clothes and mine. Just throw them in the suitcase and give them to the steward first day...

Agree, been doing that for years with my son's clothes and mine. Just throw them in the suitcase and give them to the steward first day...

I'd do the same thing, but my wife carefully folds my shirts and pants, very artfully places everything very stratigically into our suitcase....then watches me in horror as I rip everything out looking for the one thing I put in the check-in and needed to be in the carry-on! Fortunately, she is a very forgiving woman...has to be.

I once told her that I should help pack and not put it all on her. She got up off the floor after laughing hesterically for about 10min.....I ca never understand what makes that woman laugh so.

Den

I'm with you, Sascol. A girl wants to look glamorous on a cruise - that's part of the fun. Linen garments I just wash and throw straight in the suitcase and put them out for pressing as soon as we unpack. Some cotton fabrics will shed their creases after hanging if they have been packed carefully, otherwise I have them pressed as well. Looking crumpled is not an option!:)

• 1 year later...
Hi There,

36 hours and counting the SECONDS!!

The group of folks I'm with are all asking questions I don't know the answers to.

What is dress code on formal nights?

Do I have to wear a jacket?

Any answers you can provide are very much appreciated!

There is a Laundromat with iron and ironing board.

There is a Laundromat with iron and ironing board.

Well, this thread is over a year old and I'm pretty sure the OP has already sailed, and on what Celebrity ship have you ever seen a Laundromat or an ironing board?

Maybe thinking Princess??

Archived