RCCL 2006-2007 Product Opening Schedule!

OK - its the 18th. I should be booked on the Mariner for May, 2006 shortly. I hope it is not delayed again.

I called VERY early this morning for the Mariner July 2006, but they still were not booking. The rep I talked to took all my info and said he would watch it all day for me (SUPER guy...very friendly and helpful). Hopefully they will open up booking finally so I can quit having to watch it constantly.

Ciship: thanks for the update. I just spoke to my TA and she was told the same thing. RCCL could tell us that the 5/21/06 cruise was Western, but they did not yet have pricing. I hope they don't try to rip us a new one with the pricing. I really doubt it with all the capacity out there. Once again, I just don't understand.

I see prices loaded on to the TA system but they're all listed as "closed" right now for the sailings I've looked for...hopefully later today they will open up. :)

For those who want specific itinerary information, it's probably quickest just to search itineraries on the RCCL site...they probably won't send an update with specific itineraries; there are just too many to publish.

Ciship: thanks for the update. I just spoke to my TA and she was told the same thing. RCCL could tell us that the 5/21/06 cruise was Western, but they did not yet have pricing. I hope they don't try to rip us a new one with the pricing. I really doubt it with all the capacity out there. Once again, I just don't understand.

The price is going to be unusually high....I just feel it in my bones! Judging from what the Explorer is showing for summer 2006, Mariner will just be ridiculously priced in my opinion.

Well quess what RCCL did not come through again with opening Navigator. I thought thery were suppose to open the booking today. What is holding them up. I have seen other cruise lines have there booking available for next June for some time. I am starting to really get frustrated. How much longer do we need to wait. I talked to a RCCL rep a little bit ago and now he tells me maybe next week. My TA was told it would be today. I really don't think anybody really knows what is going on.

Well quess what RCCL did not come through again with opening Navigator. I thought thery were suppose to open the booking today. What is holding them up. I have seen other cruise lines have there booking available for next June for some time. I am starting to really get frustrated. How much longer do we need to wait. I talked to a RCCL rep a little bit ago and now he tells me maybe next week. My TA was told it would be today. I really don't think anybody really knows what is going on.

I'm with you DQ! Lies, lies, lies....arghhhhhhhh!!

I'm with you DQ! Lies, lies, lies....arghhhhhhhh!!

I just priced the Mariner for June 11, 2006. I think they opened the rates at around 3:00 p.m. I called at 12:00 p.m. and they weren't open yet. The price for 3 in a D1 was 4366.45, yikes! :( I expected it to be expensive but not $1000 more than the Princess cruise for the same date and same cabin type.

I guess we are going to go with the Caribbean Princess.

I called this morning about the Mariner and the rates weren't out yet. After reading the above post, I called RCCL and the Mariner dates were out now!! But the D1 corner aft room was already gone :( . For 4 people in a D1 in June it was $5319.60 (taxes and fees but no insurance). For 2 promenade cabins it would be $2549 per cabin or $5098 total. I think we might try the 5 night Western on the newly stretched Enchantment instead. That is only $3195.20 for 4 in a D1 room. We can use the extra $2000 to go to Disney World.

Maggie

Yeah, I too am having a bit of sticker shock at the pricing...I see Mariner is open but Navigator is still closed. For the sailing I was looking at (last weekend of June) the pricing on Navigator was basically identical to the Mariner pricing for that time frame. We'll have to see how that pricing holds.

Thank you for alerting us to the Mariner finally opening. I called three times today and they kept saying "no", booking hadnt opened yet. If I hadnt have checked this thread, I would have waited until tomorrow to call again.

As it stands, I didnt get my first two choices of aft cabins for July 23, 2006, but I got my third choice for an aft cabin. Whoo.......I'm so glad that is over with!!!

We gave up waiting and booked Panama Repo Ft Lauderdale to Vancouver on Princess today. Have to go to TA tomorrow a.m. to pay deposit. We were hoping to sail on the Radiance - still my first choice, but unless schedule is available tomorrow a.m., I think we'll give Princess a try. We've read really good reviews about Princess and while in the past we were happy with RCCL, if we like Princess, perhaps we'll stick with them. These delays have really put me off RCCL.

Well I paid our deposit for our Princess repo cruise today. Kept checking RCCL website hoping for a Radiance repo right up until the last minute, but the website was down (again). After reading the huge increase in prices on the Mariner, I think perhaps I made a good choice. Even if RCCL was available, with the increased prices that have come out recently, I don't think it would have fit my budget.

Thank you for alerting us to the Mariner finally opening. I called three times today and they kept saying "no", booking hadnt opened yet. If I hadnt have checked this thread, I would have waited until tomorrow to call again.

As it stands, I didnt get my first two choices of aft cabins for July 23, 2006, but I got my third choice for an aft cabin. Whoo.......I'm so glad that is over with!!!

We got the corner aft cabin 9390 with an inside cabin across the hall and are paying $5408 total for both cabins (2 people in each cabin). Yep, it's a big bite. I hope the Mariner is worth it!!

Thank you for alerting us to the Mariner finally opening. I called three times today and they kept saying "no", booking hadnt opened yet. If I hadnt have checked this thread, I would have waited until tomorrow to call again

Did I write this? Well, I could've! Having read on this board that Mariner's fall 06 dates would open today, I called about three times from work. The last time the man sounded a bit irritated with me and asked me to please be patient. He had a bit of a 'tude in his voice, which I didn't care for. I had decided to wait until tomorow to call -- very glad I checked this board tonight!

Anyway, I got just what I wanted: 1688 for Halloween week 2006. Yippee for me! I hope everyone else is fortunate enough to book their preferred cabin this week also.

Archived