Size of balcony cabins

workstocruise

This will be my first time sailing on Celebrity. We are looking at the Constellation to Scandinavia. We usually sail RCCL and Princess. Are the cabins and balconies on Celebrity comparable to the other cruise lines? I would hate to be in a much smaller cabin. I know that the Concierge cabins are larger, but I'm not looking to spend more money than I have to. This is such a port intensive cruise that I really won't be in my cabin all that much. I read a review that commented on the small size of Celebrity's cabins and balconies, so I'm just wondering??:confused: I have so many questions as this will be our first European cruise and our first Celebrity cruise.

Every cruise line's cabins are different sizes. I've not found Celebrity's cabins to be small unless you go with a small inside cabin. And if the cruise is port intensive, the size of a cabin won't make a big difference.

What size cabin are you used to having? As for CC being larger? I just

had a CC cabin on Equinox.....same size as a regular balcony. Normally

in the 185-200 square foot range. The larger balconies are "On the

hump" and those are not in the CC categories. Maybe the people who

posted how small the cabins are usually book suites or something?

I think there is plenty of room:)

Oh, on Constellation the regular balcony cabins are in the 175 sq foot range.

Still plenty of room to me:)

What size cabin are you used to having? As for CC being larger? I just

had a CC cabin on Equinox.....same size as a regular balcony. Normally

in the 185-200 square foot range. The larger balconies are "On the

hump" and those are not in the CC categories. Maybe the people who

posted how small the cabins are usually book suites or something?

I think there is plenty of room:)

Oh, on Constellation the regular balcony cabins are in the 175 sq foot range.

Still plenty of room to me:)

CC cabins are larger on M class ships, but not on S class ships

CC cabins are larger on M class ships, but not on S class ships

Hi,:) I had a CC cabin on Millennium back in January. It did not seem any

larger to me.

Hi,:) I had a CC cabin on Millennium back in January. It did not seem any

larger to me.

It certainly is. The sofa in a CC cabin is large enough to stretch out on, but the sofa in a standard is not. My wife likes to do her stretching exercises first thing in the morning and the CC stateroom has enough room with the table moved towards the balcony door, but the standard is doesn't have enough floor space for her to do her routine.

Here is a CC stateroom. Notice the sofa's length and the shelves between the mirror and the desk.

CEL_CS_Concierge_460x256.jpg

Here is the standard stateroom. Notice that the sofa is shorter and there aren't any shelves between the mirror and desk.

CEL_CS_OVBalcony_460x256.jpg

This will be my first time sailing on Celebrity. We are looking at the Constellation to Scandinavia. We usually sail RCCL and Princess. Are the cabins and balconies on Celebrity comparable to the other cruise lines? I would hate to be in a much smaller cabin. I know that the Concierge cabins are larger, but I'm not looking to spend more money than I have to. This is such a port intensive cruise that I really won't be in my cabin all that much. I read a review that commented on the small size of Celebrity's cabins and balconies, so I'm just wondering??:confused: I have so many questions as this will be our first European cruise and our first Celebrity cruise.

All the cabin sizes are on most every travel web site. You can easily compare ship to ship and decide which cabin category you want to pay for.

It certainly is. The sofa in a CC cabin is large enough to stretch out on, but the sofa in a standard is not. My wife likes to do her stretching exercises first thing in the morning and the CC stateroom has enough room with the table moved towards the balcony door, but the standard is doesn't have enough floor space for her to do her routine.

Here is a CC stateroom. Notice the sofa's length and the shelves between the mirror and the desk.

CEL_CS_Concierge_460x256.jpg

Here is the standard stateroom. Notice that the sofa is shorter and there aren't any shelves between the mirror and desk.

CEL_CS_OVBalcony_460x256.jpg

Ok...I believe you.:) I just don't remember:eek:

Boogs: thanks for the pictures, they helped me get a better idea.

I think I can live with either of those cabins. About the ship....since it has been drydocked, do you think it's now in better shape. I read some horrible reviews on the Constellation from mid 2011 and since we won't be on her till mid 2013, I'm concerned. My other option is the Emerald Princess. We are not cruise snobs and really just being on a ship is always a thrill for us.;)

Boogs: thanks for the pictures, they helped me get a better idea.

I think I can live with either of those cabins. About the ship....since it has been drydocked, do you think it's now in better shape. I read some horrible reviews on the Constellation from mid 2011 and since we won't be on her till mid 2013, I'm concerned. My other option is the Emerald Princess. We are not cruise snobs and really just being on a ship is always a thrill for us.;)

We were on the Constellation in 2010 on a Baltic Cruise five months after her latest refurbishing where they added Tuscan Grille, Bistro on Five, and made some other changes. She was a real beauty, clean, very nice looking inside and out, and we had a great time on her. The service was top notch, the food was good in the MDR, and superb in the specialty restaurants. That was nearly two years ago, so can't say how she is faring now, but she was terrific then!!

If you decide on the Connie, and I hope you do, try to book a non-connecting cabin. It will have the larger sofa and will be quieter without the midcabin door.

Once you stow your luggage under your bed you will find the cabin roomy and comfortable. There is ample storage for a two week cruise.

I do prefer the layout of the Radiance class regular balcony cabins better but we have been perfectly comfortable of the Millie class ships.

There are several cabins, known as the Sweet 16, that have larger balconies. There are quite a few threads listing these. There are also 4 Concierge class cabins on deck 6 that are larger. These 4 are the most expensive Concierge class cabins but are roomier with larger balconies.

I hope you find the cruise and cabin that best suits your needs. I don't think you will find the ship in disrepair. You will find a beautiful ship with a wonderful crew to make your cruise memorable.

Having sailed in regular balcony cabins on both Princess & Celebrity, I can assure you that Celebrity's was a BIT smaller in square footage, but was actually more comfortable overall. The closet was smaller and not as convenient as Princess's open closet area, but we enjoyed the armchair much more than the upright chair that Princess provides. Also liked the bathroom on Connie better than Princess. :)

I more often cruise on Celebrity--and I am very comfortable in the Standard Celebrity cabin...

A couple of years back, I cruised on the Diamond Princess...After reading a lot about Princess' roomy cabins, I was looking forward to seeing the difference...

I was actually surprised that our Caribe deck cabin seemed LESS spacious than our Celebrity cabins...

Of course, being in Real Estate myself, I know a little about space measurement...

What I am going to tell you is to NOT trust the measurements you see all over the net. Everyone measures DIFFERENTLY. In the Real Estate world, there are different standards for what applies to different types of space. You measure differently for single user buildings than for multi-tenant space, for residential than for office, etc. There are some things you measure from the INTERIOR wall, some from the exterior...For some measurements, you might include patios or balconies, for others not. Most measurements include the dead space withing pillars or walls or closets and space within walls that house electrical and plumbing.

I don't know that there is a standard for cruise ships. Different cruise lines may well measure differently.

That said, what we found as a major difference between our Princess cabin and our Celebrity cabins was in the cabin configuration--with the Princess closet off a hallway/dressing area leading to the bath...With Celebrity, the closet location doesn't necessitate as much wasted space.

Bottom line is that the rooms are just set up different...How you like your square footage arranged may be a matter of personal taste--or comfort.

To ME, the Celebrity rooms seem LARGER than the Princess cabin...But, truthfulkly, ANY of the cabins are adequate.

Note, of course, that some older ships have smaller cabins (Ever cruise on Monarch of the Seas?)...But, any of the Celebrity M-Class or S-Class ships have cabins that are quite comnfortable (though I do have an issue with the lack of drawer and shelf space on the S-Class).

Personally, I LOVE the Constellation...I think the WORST Celebrity ship still outshines the nicest Princess ship...

Archived