Explorer of the Seas ~ self serve laundry?

I'm sure someone can answer this for me, does the Explorer have self serve so I can do laundry 1 day?

If so , how much is it please?

Iron and ironing board in there too?

I did this one year on a carnival ship, did it on our last sea day, when I got home I had NOTHING to do laundry wise. WHat a difference that made. We had an aft cabin and laundry room was right across from us.

I'm sure someone can answer this for me, does the Explorer have self serve so I can do laundry 1 day?

If so , how much is it please?

Iron and ironing board in there too?

I did this one year on a carnival ship, did it on our last sea day, when I got home I had NOTHING to do laundry wise. WHat a difference that made. We had an aft cabin and laundry room was right across from us.

No self service laundry or ironing facilities on any RCCL ship.

No self service laundry on any RCCL ship and this from a line that touts itself as "family friendly". Just another way for them to get their hands in your pocket.

People on this site rave about how great a deal the "sandwich bag size" laundry bag for $25 is...

People on this site rave about how great a deal the "sandwich bag size" laundry bag for $25 is...

You must eat some gargantuan sized sandwiches if you consider the bag that RCI provides for your laundry to be "sandwich bag size". I don't believe that anyone is raving about the great deal, but it is amazing just how much you can cram into those bags if you pack carefully. The bags aren't enormous but neither are they "sandwich sized." And Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members get one free bag of laundry per person while there are coupons for a discounted laundry price for other C&A tiers.

We pack just enough washables for half the cruise, then use the bag midway. We only use it for undies, PJs, tee shirts, and socks. It's plenty big for that, and we find the cost manageable, considering how much the cruise costs us. That's just for the two of us, though.

teddie

We've been afraid to do the laundry because we ae afraid that they use hot water, or dry at high heat, and our things would shrink. Especially things like cotton t-shirts and undergarments.

Has anyone experience using the laundry, and has shrinkage been a problem?

we were on a cruise that followed a cruise that had a Noro outbreak. DW hAd a pair of jeans shrink, and felt they were using hot water. That is the only time that that has happened. Even on a 7 day cruise, we use the bag.

The absolute last thing I want to do on vacation is to spend time doing laundry. And ironing? Uh, well, I won't do that at home either. I'm spending a few grand on the cruise and am not about to quibble over a few dollars for laundry.

We use the laundry special on every cruise. As some one else said, we use it for t-shirts, socks, pjs, undies. I have even sent bras in. I have not noticed any shrinkage. They come back nicely folded but not ironed.

If you send out pants, shirts, jeans they come back on hangers and nicely pressed. I don't know the fee.

That really isn't what I asked.

The absolute last thing I want to do on vacation is to spend time doing laundry. And ironing? Uh, well, I won't do that at home either. I'm spending a few grand on the cruise and am not about to quibble over a few dollars for laundry.

This does sound great but for some strange (yes- strange) reason, I just like to do my own laundry. It's not really a money issue as someone just mentioned. I just like my stuff done MY way.

Thanks for your description though, much appreciated.

We use the laundry special on every cruise. As some one else said, we use it for t-shirts, socks, pjs, undies. I have even sent bras in. I have not noticed any shrinkage. They come back nicely folded but not ironed.

If you send out pants, shirts, jeans they come back on hangers and nicely pressed. I don't know the fee.

we were on a cruise that followed a cruise that had a Noro outbreak. DW hAd a pair of jeans shrink, and felt they were using hot water. That is the only time that that has happened. Even on a 7 day cruise, we use the bag.

We were recently on a cruise that was in a similar situation (previous cruise had an outbreak of the noro virus) and sent out clothes to be laundered. We definitely did not experience any shrinkage problems nor have we experienced such on any of our cruises.

We were recently on a cruise that was in a similar situation (previous cruise had an outbreak of the noro virus) and sent out clothes to be laundered. We definitely did not experience any shrinkage problems nor have we experienced such on any of our cruises.

do not send a new pair of jeans

My clothes always shrink on a cruise even if I don't send them to the laundry. And my scale always goes up too. hmmmmmmmm do I sense a pattern for myself? ;-)

It's the salt air, not the laundry that is responsible. I heard that while your away, the same salt air will invade your home and shrink those clothes as well.:D

No self service laundry on any RCCL ship and this from a line that touts itself as "family friendly". Just another way for them to get their hands in your pocket.

Really? Maybe they'd rather not waste the space on an activity that a limited number of people partake in when they could be selling that space to more cruisers. Even when we sailed Princess we never used it and rarely saw people going in or out and sometimes we saw none at all.:rolleyes:

Archived