Blu and Formal Nights

DogLover45

was helping my hubby pack last night (we leave tomorrow for Rome!) and I started to question some of his non-formal night in Blu picks. Is he o.k. in khakis and a polo/golf shirt? He is also taking a couple of long sleeve dress shirts.

was helping my hubby pack last night (we leave tomorrow for Rome!) and I started to question some of his non-formal night in Blu picks. Is he o.k. in khakis and a polo/golf shirt? He is also taking a couple of long sleeve dress shirts.

He is okay in Khakis and a polo/golf shirt every night of your cruise in Blu, formal or not...

He is okay in Khakis and a polo/golf shirt every night of your cruise in Blu, formal or not...

I agree. He's fine. I'm just saying it looks silly to see a woman dressed in a fine evening gown accompanied by a husband who doesn't seem to care how he's dressed. On the nights you dress up, wouldn't your husband be showing you more respect if he wore the long sleeve dress shirt rather than a polo/golf shirt? And this is coming from a man.

PS - Have a wonderful Mediterranean cruise. Safe travels.

I have 8 months to figure out whati am going to do on formal nights... The first 2 cruises I just brought a suit jacket, the last 2 cruises I rented a tux on board. The upcoming cruise I'm just bringing a jacket.

Now for my first Celebrity cruise I'm debating what to do. I do not mind wearing a tux on formal nights, I rather enjoy getting dressed up on occasion. Even if it's not required that I wear one (we're AquaClass as well) I might any way. But even if I don't, I'll still bring a jacket along to be a bit dressier that evening.

Just returned in May from Med. cruise on Solstice. We are light packers and one of the draw for booking AQ was that we wouldn't have to pack the tux/suit , shoes etc. for DH. He looked fine in his dress slacks and shirt--not coat or tie. I agree with the poster that a lot of cruisers don't really know the policy for Blu.

I have 8 months to figure out whati am going to do on formal nights... The first 2 cruises I just brought a suit jacket, the last 2 cruises I rented a tux on board. The upcoming cruise I'm just bringing a jacket.

Now for my first Celebrity cruise I'm debating what to do. I do not mind wearing a tux on formal nights, I rather enjoy getting dressed up on occasion. Even if it's not required that I wear one (we're AquaClass as well) I might any way. But even if I don't, I'll still bring a jacket along to be a bit dressier that evening.

I'm with you. Dressing up, even though it is a holdover from an earlier age, is one of the joys of cruising. It helps me pretend for a few hours that I am on a ship from an era when cruising was elegant.

I agree. He's fine. I'm just saying it looks silly to see a woman dressed in a fine evening gown accompanied by a husband who doesn't seem to care how he's dressed. On the nights you dress up, wouldn't your husband be showing you more respect if he wore the long sleeve dress shirt rather than a polo/golf shirt? And this is coming from a man.

PS - Have a wonderful Mediterranean cruise. Safe travels.

I don't give my opinion of what the policy should be or what I wear. I was only answering your question factually...

Good answer!!!

FACTS -is how questions should be answered on these boards. There is to much miss & dis-information. I don't think we need "opinions" also. This was one of the best of 20 or so threads on BLU and formal nights. It should almost be a sticky.

Thanks dkjretired

You are so right Gonzo, I really can't stand when people tell others to wear what you want. The writers don't have to deal with the consequences but the person who gets this bad information does especially since Celebrity seems to be going back to some form of enforcement at least for jackets.

So right.

I tend to lurk on these boards and don't post often. I've seen countless threads on this topic over the years, and have seen so many people who say that you should wear what you want if you're paying. I just don't get that logic. You're booking a cruise with a cruise line that makes its policies clear. Passengers should respect the policies and follow them. If you don't like X's policies, book with another line. It's that simple. What gives anyone the right to say "the rules don't apply to me"?

We personally could do without formal nights as we don't want to drag along the extra clothes. So, on formal nights we go to venues that don't require formalwear or order room service out of respect for others.

Good answer!!!

FACTS -is how questions should be answered on these boards. There is to much miss & dis-information. I don't think we need "opinions" also. This was one of the best of 20 or so threads on BLU and formal nights. It should almost be a sticky.

Thanks dkjretired

While I certainly agree that "FACTS" are often the best answer to many questions...such as those concerning rules/regulations; policies/procedures; what's included/what's not etc.....it is the "opinions" and personal preferences/personal experiences of others that add tremendously to the boards !!

Fortunately, we have so many experienced folks on these boards, that when disinformation is given, it is quickly corrected.

Honestly, if we all just wanted the "facts"..we could get them from reading a cruise line's website, brochures or cruise contract. We request opinions about such issues as: one cruise line vs another; one ship vs another; cabin location vs another; cabin category vs another; specialty restaurant vs another; one tour vs another; itinerary vs another; best transportation vs another; best time to cruise vs another...etc..etc !!

These boards would become quite boring rather quickly if we didn't didn't include and solicit the "opinions" of others !!...but that's just my "opinion" !!:D:D

Enjoy !!

Woody

These boards would become quite boring rather quickly if we didn't didn't include and solicit the "opinions" of others !!...but that's just my "opinion" !!:D:D

Enjoy !!

Woody

it's the Unsolicited Opinions that usually get you into trouble around here ;)

it's the Unsolicited Opinions that usually get you into trouble around here ;)

I agree...although sometimes even when you offer a solicited opinion, but it differs from the opinionated response they were hoping for !!:D

You have posted this on the Celebrity board in error

Ok, in Celebrity's website case I may have spoken too quickly !!:D

Archived