Cruise Babies

EmilyM

Have any of your children been conceived on a ship?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Have any of your children been conceived on a ship?

• Yes! It is the best place to relax and make a baby.
    • No, but we tried.
    • No, we never cruised when we were trying.
    • This question is obscene!

I posted under my Maasdam review that my husband and I are hoping that we have a souvenir baby from the cruise. Has anybody here ever conceived a child on a ship? Did you name the baby Holland? This is all in fun, so if this topic is offensive, please ignore it!

emily - allow me to introduce my brood.. Ford, Pontiac and Hayloft

Enjoy the cruise and all that it en"tail"s. *S* And keep in mind that there are any number of other names to consider in addition to Holland.. some that come to mind are balcony, shower, lifeboat, elevator.... I'd imagine with the proper sense of adventure that the possibilities are endless..

And it IS so important to have a plan to offset the possible boredom of sea days..

I used to know a couple of car fanatics who named their child Shelby.

I once went to a 10-year reunion for Jordan High School in Long Beach, CA (not my school). The prize for the alumna with the most children went to a woman who named her oldest child Jordan.

Have fun working on your project. Then have fun putting little Oosterdam into the booster seat. ;)

Hmmm How to post on this one? How about tried but at our age it was all but impossible.

If your lucky you could use the name Oyesonthedam or Mamaendam!

We were on our cruise on the Maasdam last week, so I figure if we were lucky and conceived we could name a girl Mazy and a boy Sam (how about a nickname of Samdam?). That way, it wouldn't be obvious, but we would know! :rolleyes:

And to those that were on the ship with us or after us, don't worry, we never "attempted" anything outside of our own room. Mitchmike, the elevators?!? Those things move so fast and are always in such high demand. Although, I did notice one night that one had an "out of order" sign. Was that you?

Not on HAL, but our daughter was conceived on NCL on our Honeymoon. You should have seen people count backwards when we started telling them I was pg and when my due date was :eek: My Dad especially. At first, he was puzzled, then semi angry and when he got to the 9th month in his head-count, he was very happy!!!

Good luck and "HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY" Sailing :cool:

We never TRIED to have kids period. We were just "accidentally" blessed -

If it happened to me on a cruise now, it would be a miracle, lol!! Not one I'd be too thrilled about either!

Good luck, Emily! DH and I are hoping to find out if we have a stowaway with us on the cruise. We leave on Sunday and should know mid-way through the cruise if there is a baby on board!

Jenn

first cruise, Ryndam 5/8 (Alaska)

Thank you for all the well wishes!

Jeyfer -- Good luck! That is really exciting. Do you stick out your stomach and pretend you are pregnant? I was just doing that earlier today -- much to my husband's dismay!

Mitchmike --- Hmmm . . . your ideas are too creative to be made up! Are they from experience? Good thing there are industrial cleaners!

Archived