Earliest JFK or LGA flight disembarking Cape Liberty

edgee

Considering Summit Bermuda cruise returning Sunday of Labor Day weekend to Cape Liberty. Celebrity says only safe departure time from NYC airports is 1:00 p.m. or later. Only flights that will meet our needs leave JFK at 11:30 a.m. or LGA at 11:55 a.m. Do I have a chance to make either of the before noon flights from JFK or LGA, or do I need to re think my travel?

Considering Summit Bermuda cruise returning Sunday of Labor Day weekend to Cape Liberty. Celebrity says only safe departure time from NYC airports is 1:00 p.m. or later. Only flights that will meet our needs leave JFK at 11:30 a.m. or LGA at 11:55 a.m. Do I have a chance to make either of the before noon flights from JFK or LGA, or do I need to re think my travel?

Could you make it? Yes. Is it worth the risk? Probably not. Personally I would not chance it unless I were willing to pay for switching flights if I messed them. Last year we had a flight out of Newark and we were not at the airport too much earlier than 11:00.

The ship docks at 7am, and they were letting people off the ship by 8am or earlier. If you are among one of the first groups to disenbark, I don't see a problem. We were off Summit on 3 June at 8:30, and no where near the first group, had our luggage, thru customs/immigration, and in the car and on the road by 9am.

How much luggage, are you going to self disembark, and are you going to have limo transportation waiting for you?

Disembarking from the Silouette the day before christmas.

Got off the ship early but going thru customs was a nightmare.

Holiday weekend and a number of agents took the day off as well as porters.

Took us well over an hour once arriving in the terminsl, getting luggage and waiting to go thru customs.

You did not mention how you are getting to JFK but traffic on Bells Parkway is usually heavy and worse on holiday weekends

Yes, you might make it buuutt its a risk not worth taking if you can avoid it.

Thanks all. Based on the advice I will not chance the 11:30 from JFK. Problem is I am trying to connect to evening flight from Miami to Aruba. The only afternoon Newark connection through Miami is a legal one, but only 50 minutes, will never risk MIA with less than one hour connection. Upon further review my choices are a 1:10 from JFK(1'35" connection in MIA) or 11:55 from LGA with oodles of time connecting in MIA. Any more thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

Sascol, thanks for idea but time wise need to make 5:45 flight out of MIA. Plus i hope to use AA miles for the travel. I think we will do 1:10 flight out of JFK which will give us nearly 90 min connection in MIA. We will use a car service from Port to JFK. Looking forward to a couple of weeks at two of my favorite places...onboard Celebrity Aqua Class folllowed by a week at our Aruba timeshare!

I am a gambler, I think you could make it with time to spare, especially if you are willing to "walk off" with your luggage. We just got back from this same cruise on 6/3 we were docked before 6, and the "walk off" passengers were walking off by 7 a.m.

I am a gambler, I think you could make it with time to spare, especially if you are willing to "walk off" with your luggage. We just got back from this same cruise on 6/3 we were docked before 6, and the "walk off" passengers were walking off by 7 a.m.

The arrival time on the itinerary is 7 am. We were on the same cruise, and I was very surprised to look out the porthole to see we were just finishing up backing into our berth at 7 am. It's been my experience in the past that she arrived and was docked ahead of schedule.

I wouldn't count on getting off the ship before 7:30 am if you self disembark, but you should easily make a flight out of LGA or JFK before Noon.

Archived