Suites and cocktail hour

grams98

Hi, fellow cruisers,

for first time we are getting a suite, a vista suite. I thought I read somewhere that there is a nightly cocktail hour in skywakers for the suites, but now I can't find that info. Does anyone know if that is the case? We will be on the diamond. Also, we get to have breakfast in sabatinis, correct? Thanks, grams98

Well done,

You get to breakfast in Sabatinis.

On most ships there is a cocktail hour 5 - 7 pm usually, where a special cocktail is served each night at a reduced price, it was $3.99, along with canapies, for Platinum, Elite and Suite passengers. It was always in Skywalkers although I have heard it can take place in other venues. The special cocktail and canapies change each night. You will

get a list in your suite of what is on each night.

Does that include mini suites?

When you go there just tell the guy you are staying in a suite. The room card looks the same and he will not know the diffreence. Most of the time there is no one even there. Just a sign on a table.

When you go there just tell the guy you are staying in a suite. The room card looks the same and he will not know the diffreence. Most of the time there is no one even there. Just a sign on a table.

Why would someone want to do that? :confused:

Its not for mini suites.

When we have gone to Sabatinis for breakfast the staff member at the desk had a list of suite cabins with names of passengers in each suite. He checked us against the list. After the first day or so he recognized us. I don't think lying will get you in.

When we have gone to Sabatinis for breakfast the staff member at the desk had a list of suite cabins with names of passengers in each suite. He checked us against the list. After the first day or so he recognized us. I don't think lying will get you in.

This thread is about the cocktail hour.

Classy!

I feel that having a happy hour for only people who can afford a suite is lacking class as well.

"I'm sorry sir, but your room is not expensive enough to allow you to socialize with these other people." Classy?

I feel that having a happy hour for only people who can afford a suite is lacking class as well.

The Happy Hour is often for over half the people on the ship.

Besides suites, Captain's Circle platinum and elite members are eligible to attend.

If platinum or elite, you can be in the least expensive cabin and attend.

The Happy Hour is often for over half the people on the ship.

Besides suites, Captain's Circle platinum and elite members are eligible to attend.

If platinum or elite, you can be in the least expensive cabin and attend.

You are helping me make my point. Having a happy hour for half of the ship and excluding the other half says elitist and self-congratulatory. Not classy.

I disagree. It's nice that Princess does something special for those of us who are loyal enough to be repeat customers. The fact is that anyone can become Platinum. All it takes is five cruises, and even the short coastals count toward that total. On your sixth cruise, you'll be invited as well.

We sailed this spring on a Carnival ship. I had not been on one since my very first cruise in 1988. But I worked to get my cruise record up to date so that I'd be invited to the past passenger party on that cruise--because I had earned it. It's not elitist that my partner and his mother did not get an invitation to the party.

I disagree. It's nice that Princess does something special for those of us who are loyal enough to be repeat customers. The fact is that anyone can become Platinum. All it takes is five cruises, and even the short coastals count toward that total. On your sixth cruise, you'll be invited as well.

We sailed this spring on a Carnival ship. I had not been on one since my very first cruise in 1988. But I worked to get my cruise record up to date so that I'd be invited to the past passenger party on that cruise--because I had earned it. It's not elitist that my partner and his mother did not get an invitation to the party.

Touche`

In any event there will probably just be a small sign there and you can walk right on in.

77network do you ever have anything nice to say??????

Don't get angry at me. I am just telling them how it is set up. If you don't like it then let princess know they need better security at the elite happy hour.

In many areas of life, you get extra benefits for paying more.

However, lying to get into the cocktail party is no different than shoplifting.

(Actually, I think it's theft of services - so slightly different)

What's funny, is that I think the cocktail party is so worthless, that I

rarely bother to attend, and am truly amused by someone who would

lie to get something so trivial.

77network do you ever have anything nice to say??????

Lately, I've also noticed that. Especially when it comes to suite perks. He probably books an inside and then tries to act like he has a suite. Probably tells the head waiter he is in one also so he can get the extra perks at dinner.

What's funny, is that I think the cocktail party is so worthless, that I

rarely bother to attend, and am truly amused by someone who would

lie to get something so trivial.

The best part of the suite/elite/platinum daily lounge is the chance to relax in a nice environment with friends, both new friends and old ones.

Archived