Mariner top tier event question

"Top Tier" is also a misnomer. One would think it refers only to Pinnacle and maybe Diamond and Diamond Plus.

It doesn't however. I'm not sure where the cut off is but it seemed like half the ship attended the so-called "Top Tier" event!

Yeah, it's platinum and above...Sure sounds like a big top..We met a couple that had 81 RCCL cruises, now that's Top..

"Top Tier" is also a misnomer. One would think it refers only to Pinnacle and maybe Diamond and Diamond Plus.

It doesn't however. I'm not sure where the cut off is but it seemed like half the ship attended the so-called "Top Tier" event!

Well, there's top tier and there's top tier.:) The "top tier event" is usually a mirror of the C&A party, but only Platinum and above are invited. But there's also a "meal with an officer" that is sometimes dinner at the Captain's table (hosted by him/her or another senior officer) and sometimes a breakfast or luncheon. The latter is for D+ with xxx points (don't know the number) and Pinnacle Club.

.................................The latter is for D+ with xxx points (don't know the number) and Pinnacle Club.

It's when you reach 175 "points".

We are going to be on the Mariner next Feb. Where do they usually have these events? Are they in a lounge or out in the Promenade?

I think depending on how many cruisers fall into the "top tier" level dictates when and where the event is held.

On our Navigator cruise last year there were less than 50 so we had a nice cocktail party on the peek a boo bridge with the captan, cd, la, etc.

On our Allure cruise a few weeks ago there were almost 900 I think. It was held in the theatre where they had the lead singers do a little show, then the normal schpeel.

Navigator lots of refills on drinks and many many apps. Allure, one drink, one passing of apps and if you missed it your were out.

Can any basic drink be gotten at these events (on Princess you could request a well drink or wine) instead of the normal watered down ones that are usually passed around.

This varies ship to ship. I've seen it both ways.

Can any basic drink be gotten at these events (on Princess you could request a well drink or wine) instead of the normal watered down ones that are usually passed around?

They usually have 3-4 mixed drinks like Yellow Bird, etc and champagne.

They usually have 3-4 mixed drinks like Yellow Bird, etc and champagne.

I am aware of the 3-4 watered down drinks that they pass around...my question was could you get something basic of your own personal choice?

I am aware of the 3-4 watered down drinks that they pass around...my question was could you get something basic of your own personal choice?

And the answer IS: :D

This varies ship to ship. I've seen it both ways.

Archived