Regatta

CretaMed88

Are there washers/dryers for passenger use on the Ragatta?

And do I have to pay for them (if they exist)?

Just to clarify, unless it's a new system, there is one area for passenger laundry, on deck 7, with 4 dryers and 4 washers. The machines are not cash operated.

You have to buy tokens to use them, one token for each use on each machine (detergent is included by pressing a button next to the washer but fabric softener isn't). You buy the tokens from the purser/reception desk on deck 4 by using your room pass to charge it against your account you created when you boarded.

The size of the machines are fairly large, and I think it's about 30 minutes per use (when you turn it on, there is an indicator on how long you have left so you know how long you have to wait or go away and come back).

For those that aren't courteous enough to be there when their loads are done, fellow passengers have been known to return the favor by removing the load from the machine so that others may use it, especially if there are several other passengers waiting.

And I understand that some Dragon Ladies on various cruises have decided that you cannot come in to retrieve your laundry if you didn't sit there and wait until it is finished ... what they were trying to accomplish is beyond me!

I always make sure to get back in time to retrieve my laundry but I guess not everyone does so ... and I agree that one can FORGET.

But just as in my coop apartment in NYC, if I forget.... people will remove my laundry. So far they've never put it on the floor ...

It is easier on the new ships since they have one laundry room per guest cabin floor (1250 passengers) as opposed to only one laundry room for 684 passengers.

Mura

Archived