The Latest Your World

ORV

This is absolutely the best piece of promotional material I have ever received from Oceania. Whoever is responsible needs a promotion. Most of the flyers get thrown in the trash, this I read from end to end. Well done.

This is absolutely the best piece of promotional material I have ever received from Oceania. Whoever is responsible needs a promotion. Most of the flyers get thrown in the trash, this I read from end to end. Well done.

Not only did I read it end-to-end, I plan to save it to answer all those friends who ask WHY we sail Oceania.

Well done marketing!!

I always love the large promotional brochures O sends. The photos are absolutely wonderful, of the locations as well as the ships. The additional information on the little insert pages in this one initially looks like advertising, but the pages give good information about the dining options.

Good Work, Ad Dept!

Betsy spent a good part of last evening reading this latest brochure, and it's the first one she's going to save. The best so far.

Unless there have been changes, the fellow to thank is James Rodriguez and his department. Brilliant, personable, modest, one of the original Oceania staff, and a real asset to Oceania.

Is in-suite ordering from the specialty restaurants now limited to Owner's, Vista and Oceania suites? The small print describing suite amenities in the new brochure seemed to indicate this. I remember ordering from Polo when staying in a PH On Nautica and Insignia. Last year, when staying in an Oceania suite on Marina, we could order from all of the specialty restaurants and hoped to enjoy the same perk next month in a PH on Marina.

Betsy spent a good part of last evening reading this latest brochure, and it's the first one she's going to save. The best so far.

Unless there have been changes, the fellow to thank is James Rodriguez and his department. Brilliant, personable, modest, one of the original Oceania staff, and a real asset to Oceania.

Betsy and I are kindred spirits - I received both the new brochure and my Cruise documents for my September Riviera cruise on the same day. David Peterson is our cruise director - I sailed with the other David a few times and more recently, Dottie, but have not met this David before.

Is in-suite ordering from the specialty restaurants now limited to Owner's, Vista and Oceania suites? The small print describing suite amenities in the new brochure seemed to indicate this. I remember ordering from Polo when staying in a PH On Nautica and Insignia. Last year, when staying in an Oceania suite on Marina, we could order from all of the specialty restaurants and hoped to enjoy the same perk next month in a PH on Marina.

It looks like you are right :eek:

You are all absolutly correct in your praise of the new YOUR WORLD. Mine arrived three days ago and I have read it cover to cover twice. In reading cruise literature in earnest since 1978 I can attest this is the finest I have ever seen.

The pentouse dining question is a good one and I caught this immediatley. I have wondered why the Penthouse Suites were not classified otherwise when only butler service is included while omitting the bar setup.

In any case four categories of "guarantee" opened this am for our cruise next April which is approx. 2/3 full at present. One has since closed. Nothing will surprise me betrween now and November.:)

I put this specific question to the Miami agent two days ago. I was assured there was no change to the Ph suite privliges and the Butler Service footnote on page 128 was a typo. Let's hope the ground staff is correct on this one and this reduces to an embarassment rather than a policy change.

I am still waiting for mine to arrive. I am a bit jealous that you all have been able to view and I still don't have my copy.:mad:

It takes a bit longer for the mail to arrive at North Pole, I mean Vancouver :D

I put this specific question to the Miami agent two days ago. I was assured there was no change to the Ph suite privliges and the Butler Service footnote on page 128 was a typo. Let's hope the ground staff is correct on this one and this reduces to an embarassment rather than a policy change.

There is photo of butler serving in Penthouse Suit page 13. On page 128 BUTLER SERVICE is not found in last YOUR WORLD in that foremat. My vote is "typo". We shall see.:o

I could be wrong, but on page 13 it looks like they are being served breakfast in the ph suite the inset titled butler services on page 128 seems to imply that there are restrictions to ph suites dining en suite. Maybe the difference between ph suites and the others are the ability to order in from the new restaurants?

Has anyone had experience with this?

Just wondering if it was intentional or a typo.

It takes a bit longer for the mail to arrive at North Pole, I mean Vancouver :D

I could do with the North Pole today. For us it is hot once it hits 74F. You must remember that in Vancouver we are wearing shorts in the 50's as we consider that warmer weather.:eek: I must admit today that anyone arriving for a cruise for Alaska had best not be wearing a heavy winter coat. They will become a big puddle.:D And don't laugh, I have been at our airport and people have been arriving in fur coats, heavy boots, gloves, hats and the temperature has been in the 80'sF. We locals get a bit of a chuckle when they walk outside of the terminal and discover it is hot. My favourite memory is though when a troop of Girl Guides from Texas arrived to a summer camp in Merritt, BC. The coolest day was 40C which is in the 90'sF. They thought they would be sleeping in igloos and they had to open the shop so that the girls could purchase shorts and T'shirts to wear as all they had brought with them was heavy winter clothes. I think the leaders did not do a good job of checking out the weather before they came. They took quite a bit of ribbing throughout the camp.:D

I could be wrong, but on page 13 it looks like they are being served breakfast in the ph suite the inset titled butler services on page 128 seems to imply that there are restrictions to ph suites dining en suite. Maybe the difference between ph suites and the others are the ability to order in from the new restaurants?

Has anyone had experience with this?

Just wondering if it was intentional or a typo.

I'm sure this penthouse mystery will be solved soon. We have a penthouse next voyage but have no intention of eating dinner in it. The table is small and the non-formal nights makes this an unnecessary perk for us. Much rather mingle in lavish dining venues with our fellow passengers. Can I trade the butler for Grey Goose and Johhny Walker Black? :cool:

I am still waiting for mine to arrive. I am a bit jealous that you all have been able to view and I still don't have my copy.:mad:

Got ours yesterday

but then again Ontario IS the centre of the universe ;) :D

I called the Miami office today and spoke with two different agents and they both said that it was a typo on page 128 regarding that the Penthouse Suites can not "order in" anymore from any of specialty restaurants.

The policy has not changed. You can still "order in" from any of the specialty restaurants if you are in a Penthouse Suite.

I hope that this is the correct information otherwise Oceania will be taking away a nice perk from the Penthouse Suites.

I am waiting too. I live in South Pole, just kidding

Ricky

As in Southern Vancouver? :D

San Francisco (the city itself) has very cool, foggy summers.

Mark Twain once famously wrote - "The coldest winter of my life was the summer I spent in San Francisco".

No fuss travel - we see the opposite here - people arrive to SF in the summer wearing shorts and T-shirts (it's California in the summer, after all) then quickly rush to buy sweatshirts with hoods - great for the Fisherman's Wharf vendors :D

and from GrammieK: "I could be wrong, but on page 13 it looks like they are being served breakfast in the ph suite the inset titled butler services on page 128 seems to imply that there are restrictions to ph suites dining en suite. Maybe the difference between ph suites and the others are the ability to order in from the new restaurants? Just wondering if it was intentional or a typo."

The gratuity suggested for butlers on page 143 is exactly the same for Penthouse, Oceania, Vista and Owner's Suites which would tend to support the "typo" theory, so I am hopeful that the notes on page 128 are incorrect. Otherwise, why should Penthouse occupants pay the same gratutity?

(On Regatta we gave a very generous tip to our butler, and assigned hundreds more to the "butler pool" over and above the suggested gratuity, so that's not at question, as we did that voluntarily, but if a butler is expected to do less in the Penthouse Suites than in the O-V-O suites, then the suggested gratuity should be less, too.) I hope then that the gratuity suggestion means that Penthouse Suites will continue to be served from all the specialty restaurants onboard, just as all penthouse levels on Crystal are served from all specialty restaurants onboard, also.

I learned on our first Oceania cruise (on an R ship) that being served dinner from specialty menus en suite was, for us, the one of the very most enjoyable aspects of the cruise and it is why I booked PH's instead of concierge class for our next two Oceania cruises on Riviera. We don't book for space but for luxurious perks, such as having a butler serve us dinner from all the specialty restaurants. Everybody has their own "thing." (I learned that dining high on the ship, i.e. Toscana and Polo, made me queasy, so for those restaurants I would try them once [the allotted reservation] and if I felt as queasy on the Riviera as on Regatta, then I would have the rest of the meals from those two restaurants served en suite, unless the ship were in port, in which case dining high up on the ship would be delightful.)

What concerns me most is that the brochure looks to be well-thought-out, and the "breakfast photo" as well as the notes on page 143 that GrammieK brought up (both of those things together), make it appear there may be a takeaway of the specialty dining benefit. I hope very much that is not true.

I hope we will read here on CC soon (from the CEO or the President of Oceania) that page 143 is not correct and that those of us who have paid for PH suites and wish to partake of the benefit of dining ensuite from the specialty restaurants will continue to have that privilege.

Archived