How do we liven up this board?

Banditswife

Oh, Corky, that must have been such a difficult time for you!!! Now, there would be a great use for audiobooks, in my opinion. What an ordeal you went through :(

My mind would have wandered!!ha!ha! would have fallen asleep!! I remember hating my retina doctor each week when he would tell me to keep on facing down - even during the ride to and fro the doc's office, I had to have my head down and also when I was in his lobby and in the chair waiting for him - felt sorry for myself!! but I was still ok cuz I my eyesight was restored a little bit - better than zero - pollyanna me.... corkey me.

Hi, Corkey,

I believe the Harry Potter books are now available for Kindle on Amazon. You might want to check it out.

I found Kindle on my Ipad - I can purchase the 7 vol set for over $50 and it's worth it - have to go to some sight tho' cuz this morning I tried to purchase it directly from my Kindle and said I had to go to another site -- my Kindle wouldn't do anything this morning-- scared me - so I remembered it happened before and I had to keep the switch button on for 30 seconds and it rebooted --- hate electronics for when they don't work right - and I am not that savvy where I can just 'fix' it - this was easy but there were times when I couldn't figure it out - same with my Ipad, now I know that I have to press both buttons, and keep it down til the Ipad reboots -

corkey Carol

I found Kindle on my Ipad - I can purchase the 7 vol set for over $50 and it's worth it - have to go to some sight tho' cuz this morning I tried to purchase it directly from my Kindle and said I had to go to another site -- my Kindle wouldn't do anything this morning-- scared me - so I remembered it happened before and I had to keep the switch button on for 30 seconds and it rebooted --- hate electronics for when they don't work right - and I am not that savvy where I can just 'fix' it - this was easy but there were times when I couldn't figure it out - same with my Ipad, now I know that I have to press both buttons, and keep it down til the Ipad reboots -

corkey Carol

I'm glad you found the books!

Hi All!

My thanks to all of the warm welcomes and b-day wishes. My actual birthday is 24 Aug (this Friday). In my mind it is a holiday so I NEVER work on that day. I plan to go to our state fair; I live in MN and it is quite large and quite the event. Lots of 'food on a stick' and nothing that is good for you but it all tastes great!

I'd like to hear about the movie '...Timothy Green', it looks good and I also like Jennifer Garner. Talk later.........

Happy Birthday To YOU!!! and many more!! Have a great celebration - Cheers!!!

Corkey Carol

I am an especially proud mama tonight. I have a daughter who is 43 and who returned to college a year ago after dropping out in her 20s. She will graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in acting next May. All she's wanted to do since she was a child is act, but she took another direction for a while before returning to her true love.

Anyway she learned today that instead of being cast in one of her university's school productions for the fall, she's being cast by a local professional company for A Christmas Carol. She needs to become a candidate for Actors' Equity before heading to New York next summer. To do that means having a role in a professional company production.

Now not only have her talents been recognized but she gets her start toward Equity as well.

Anyway, thanks for letting me brag about my DD who had a hard time growing up but who is at last pursuing her dream.

Beth

I am an especially proud mama tonight. I have a daughter who is 43 and who returned to college a year ago after dropping out in her 20s. She will graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in acting next May. All she's wanted to do since she was a child is act, but she took another direction for a while before returning to her true love.

Anyway she learned today that instead of being cast in one of her university's school productions for the fall, she's being cast by a local professional company for A Christmas Carol. She needs to become a candidate for Actors' Equity before heading to New York next summer. To do that means having a role in a professional company production.

Now not only have her talents been recognized but she gets her start toward Equity as well.V

Anyway, thanks for letting me brag about my DD who had a hard time growing up but who is at last pursuing her dream.

Beth

Hi, Beth

What a wonderful story. Congratulations to you and your daughter...and extra kudos for your daughter for pursuing her dream.

Hi, Beth

What a wonderful story. Congratulations to you and your daughter...and extra kudos for your daughter for pursuing her dream.

Extra kudos is right. I am very proud of her for coming to terms with our family disease which is depression (I have chronic depression, too, but do well thanks to meds) and getting some things resolved to the point she could do what she has always wanted to do.

Extra kudos is right. I am very proud of her for coming to terms with our family disease which is depression (I have chronic depression, too, but do well thanks to meds) and getting some things resolved to the point she could do what she has always wanted to do.

Wow! That's even more special, that your daughter rose above her problems to succeed. That's wonderful!

That's wonderful Beth - thumbs up for your fantastic daughter - we are all proud of her - you are a great Mom too - and you are both lucky to have each other...

another busy night for me - did errands today and now getting ready for our oyster fest tomorrow at the SF coastline where we will buy fresh oysters and go to a picnic area and grill them - 13 of us --nieces/nephews and their 3 kids 8 to 10 yrs of age... we do this every yr - we buy the oysters, bring fresh corn, I bring snax and desserts and the others bring whatever they want - fruit/veggies... they fill in the blank of what I don't bring!! should be fun - it's hot at our place so looking forward to some ocean temps - sweatshirts, jackets, socks!! ha!ha!

Corkey Carol

Carol, the oyster feast sounds great. Oysters have become my favorite seafood.

Shrimp are a close second, and I plan to go back to the farmer's market tomorrow and buy shrimp from a guy who brings them in freshly caught. I think I'll ask him if he knows anyone who sells oysters.

Beth

Carol, the oyster feast sounds great. Oysters have become my favorite seafood.

Shrimp are a close second, and I plan to go back to the farmer's market tomorrow and buy shrimp from a guy who brings them in freshly caught. I think I'll ask him if he knows anyone who sells oysters.

Beth

anyone living close to me would have been invited--- !!! I love mussels too and clams - shrimps... all yummo!! carol

Okay, Everyone...Don't think I'm crazy, but I'm actually going on a cruise tomorrow! TOMORROW!!! Yes, Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac is "out there." Yes, I expect some bad weather at the beginning when we're leaving Port Everglades. Hopefully, the weather will improve if we switch itineraries to get away from the not-so-perfect storm :)

This was a very, very, very, very last-minute decision...late yesterday afternoon!

I am taking our son on the cruise for his 26th birthday, which is Monday. My husband still has to work, so he is staying to take care of our poodle babies. THAT is the only bad part. We love cruising together and I'll miss him a LOT, but he wants me to have a break and to celebrate our son's birthday. Soooooooooooooooo, I guess we're really doing this...as long as the ship can come in and get out without weather problems prohibiting it here.

OMG! I need to pack!!!!!!

Lynn

Lynn that is so great! One of the perks of living in Florida I guess. I would love to have the freedom to just decide at the last minute and fly away somewhere!

I used to work with a gal who's DH would pick her up from work and whisk her away somewhere like that! He would say... we will buy what we need when we get there! Now I know THAT won't happen LOL:D.

Well, I just took an unplanned trip to Michigan's Upper Penninsula and Mackinaw City and St. Ignace. Beautiful area, Lake Huron and Lake Michigan are beautiful The water was Caribbean Blue. We live just a few miles from Lake Erie and there is such a difference! Unplanned because we had to pick up a sick grandchild from Band Camp, but we made lemons out of lemonade and had a good time!

CRUISE UPDATE

Now my cruise is going out Tuesday instead of tomorrow, so it will be 5 nights instead of 7 :(

Thie change is due to Hurricane Isaac I am kind of okay with that because I'll just be happy cruising. I have been on that ship before, so at least I know my way around.

I can pack calmly now...

Happy Birthday To YOU!!! and many more!! Have a great celebration - Cheers!!!

Corkey Carol

Thanks so much Corkey Carol!! I was so busy yesterday I did not get a chance to check in with my new 'peeps' here. I completed the day sitting out on my deck with a couple of glasses of Chardonney. It was perfect; I had a great day! :D

Now not only have her talents been recognized but she gets her start toward Equity as well.

Beth

Awesome!! She is a shining example that it is NEVER too late to pursue a dream! I wish her the best. (Good job proud Mama; you get some of the credit). :)

CRUISE UPDATE

Now my cruise is going out Tuesday instead of tomorrow, so it will be 5 nights instead of 7 :(

Thie change is due to Hurricane Isaac I am kind of okay with that because I'll just be happy cruising. I have been on that ship before, so at least I know my way around.

I can pack calmly now...

Just for the record, I am EXTREMELY JEALOUS! How fun for you and your son. Spontaneity at it's best.....:D

Just for the record, I am EXTREMELY JEALOUS! How fun for you and your son. Spontaneity at it's best.....:D

I am sitting here laughing out loud. You're toooooooo cute. Are you any jealous since my 7-night cruise has become a 5-night cruise? lol

Carol and anyone else for that matter: I bought fresh shrimp today at the local farmer's market. They were caught night before last.

I asked the guy selling them if he ever had any other fish/seafood, and he said he could get me anything I wanted. I just have to order it a week ahead of time. Oysters will be coming in sometime next month, and I want to order some. However, I've never cooked oysters. Carol (or anyone), can you give me some advice? I will just want to steam them or something simple like that.

Thanks,

Beth

Lynn, 5 nights is good, too - especially if you only pay for 5 nights. You'll be on a cruise, so what's not to like?

Beth

That's how I'm looking at it, Beth. I absolutely LOVE the ship I'm going on.