How do u book a future cruise while on current cruise?

If you book on board you can:

1. Pay reduced deposits

2. Purchase a Next Cruise certificate that will give you all the benefits of any cruise you name at a later date as if booked it on board.

3. An OBC of up to $300 depending on length of cruise.

You also don't have to book it on board. We recently found out that if you call your Certified Vacation Planner up to 14 days after your cruise you can still book all of the above as if you were on board.

you can go to the loyalty ambassador desk. On a lot of ships it's between elevator banks around deck 8(?). check the map on your ship. You can do a simple form and put a $100 deposit for one name for an open future cruise and book the cruise you want once you're home. Or meet with the LA and book the cruise you want, that will cost the full deposit. I recommend not putting it on your sea pass and on your CC, once I thought I booked and paid for a future cruise and it was lost! I had no proof seeing it was on my sea pass bill and I did not save it and when I went to use it they said I never paid for it:(:mad:

There is a loyalty desk with a loyalty ambassador who books future cruises. Your cruise compass will tell you what deck and what the hours are; you go there and set up an appt to see one of the amabassadors. Its that easy. Good luck.

Hey,please break it down to me like im a 5 yr old. How do i know where on the ship to do this,are there advantages to booking like this? Reduced deposits? Seasoned cruisers,please help me out!

Ask someone at the Guest Relations counter to direct you to the Loyalty Ambassador. Find the appointment notebook at the LA's desk and write yourself in for a time slot. The advantage of booking on board is reduced deposit and on board credit.

Go to the Loyalty Desk to book your next cruise or obatin a Next Cruise Certificate (NCC).

A NCC is an open booking that allows you to pay the reduced deposit. Below are the benefits:

• Never expires
  • Up to $200 onboard credit (varies based on duration of cruise actually booked)
  • Use with any Travel Agency
  • Open booked can be made for Royal, Celebrity or Azamara
  • Only 1 name required (add additional names at final payment to avoid paying additional deposits)
  • Deposit: USD $100
  • Combine with Platinum and above Balcony / Suite discounts OR Crown & Anchor Society Savings certificates (but not both)

If you actually book a cruise, all the above is the same except if you cancel the cruise your $100 deposit is refundable. If you go with a NCC and cancel you lose the $100 deposit. So, before you cancel, just change the booking to a cruise at some point in the future (unitl you find what you want) so you don't lose the deposit.

Also, if you do book a cruise, go ahead and get a NCC so if you find a cruise when you get home, you get the same benefit as if you booked onboard.

Thanks everyone,just a quick question. Are the deposits $100.00,or does that vary? Thanks again:)

The deposit is $100 per person for any stateroom less than a Grand Suite. For a Grand Suite or higher, full deposit (which is double the normal deposit) is required.

Ask someone at the Guest Relations counter to direct you to the Loyalty Ambassador. Find the appointment notebook at the LA's desk and write yourself in for a time slot. The advantage of booking on board is reduced deposit and on board credit.

Go to the Loyalty desk the first day you are on board and select an appointment time for you. The appointment slots fill up quickly and if you don't get one, you end up sitting around waiting for a break that they can fit you in. When you arrive for your appointment, ask them about all the details of the program. If they start spinning jargon, just tell them to slow down and simplify the details as it relates to your circumstances and what you want to do.

When booking on board there are 2 types of bookings:

1. Booking a Future Cruise where you are picking a specific itinerary/sailing date. You get the reduced deposit of $100pp, which is refundable if you cancel prior to final payment. The only time you would not get a reduced deposit is when you book a GS cabin or higher, then a full double deposit is required.

2. Creating a NextCruise booking is where you are "not" picking a specific sailing date. With this type of booking you also get a reduced deposit of $100pp. A booking number is assigned that only becomes active once you convert to a specific itinerary/sailing date. There is no further money due at the time of conversion until final payment. If a GS or higher cabin category is booked at conversion then a full double deposit would be required. A NextCruise does not expire. You also can get two Certificates for Family and Friends with a NextCruise booking.

Both types of bookings will get you an OBC and balcony discount or ability to use a C&A Savings Certificate (if you are eligible) if one becomes available for your cruise.

With the above bookings you can combine OBC from Visa Points and OBC received from a TA or as a gift from family/friends with any two benefits from RCI.

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

When booking on board there are 2 types of bookings:

1. Booking a Future Cruise where you are picking a specific itinerary/sailing date. You get the reduced deposit of $100pp, which is refundable if you cancel prior to final payment. The only time you would not get a reduced deposit is when you book a GS cabin or higher, then a full double deposit is required.

2. Creating a NextCruise booking is where you are "not" picking a specific sailing date. With this type of booking you also get a reduced deposit of $100pp. A booking number is assigned that only becomes active once you convert to a specific itinerary/sailing date. There is no further money due at the time of conversion until final payment. If a GS or higher cabin category is booked at conversion then a full double deposit would be required. A NextCruise does not expire. You also can get two Certificates for Family and Friends with a NextCruise booking.

Both types of bookings will get you an OBC and balcony discount or ability to use a C&A Savings Certificate (if you are eligible) if one becomes available for your cruise.

With the above bookings you can combine OBC from Visa Points and OBC received from a TA or as a gift from family/friends with any two benefits from RCI.

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

Does the OBC apply to your current sailing or to the future sailing?

Go to the Loyalty desk the first day you are on board and select an appointment time for you. The appointment slots fill up quickly and if you don't get one, you end up sitting around waiting for a break that they can fit you in. When you arrive for your appointment, ask them about all the details of the program. If they start spinning jargon, just tell them to slow down and simplify the details as it relates to your circumstances and what you want to do.

On our first cruise this past March on Voyager, DH and I waited until the last sea day when we decided we would like to do another cruise and bring our son next year. We stopped by the loyalty area without an appointment - I guess we "lucked out" because we did not have an appointment but were seen almost immediately. We had picked up a brochure by the service desk in the Promenade area and it includes a form that you can fill out and drop in a box to be contacted later.

If you book on board you can:

1. Pay reduced deposits

2. Purchase a Next Cruise certificate that will give you all the benefits of any cruise you name at a later date as if booked it on board.

3. An OBC of up to $300 depending on length of cruise.

You also don't have to book it on board. We recently found out that if you call your Certified Vacation Planner up to 14 days after your cruise you can still book all of the above as if you were on board.

I did not know that you could do that. Book after you get home

Go to the Loyalty Desk to book your next cruise or obatin a Next Cruise Certificate (NCC).

A NCC is an open booking that allows you to pay the reduced deposit. Below are the benefits:

• Never expires
  • Up to $200 onboard credit (varies based on duration of cruise actually booked)
  • Use with any Travel Agency
  • Open booked can be made for Royal, Celebrity or Azamara
  • Only 1 name required (add additional names at final payment to avoid paying additional deposits)
  • Deposit: USD $100
  • Combine with Platinum and above Balcony / Suite discounts OR Crown & Anchor Society Savings certificates (but not both)

If you actually book a cruise, all the above is the same except if you cancel the cruise your $100 deposit is refundable. If you go with a NCC and cancel you lose the $100 deposit. So, before you cancel, just change the booking to a cruise at some point in the future (unitl you find what you want) so you don't lose the deposit.

Also, if you do book a cruise, go ahead and get a NCC so if you find a cruise when you get home, you get the same benefit as if you booked onboard.

So if I'm understanding you correctly, if I go ahead and book a specific cruise (and pay $100 for one person), I can ALSO get a NCC (paying $100 for one person) that would be applied to a 2nd future cruise? So far what I'm hoping to do in the not too distant future (a Norwegian Fjords cruise in 2014) is not available for booking (at least online), but I'd love to do other shorter cruises I could probably book now and if I'm understanding you I could do this....

So if I'm understanding you correctly, if I go ahead and book a specific cruise (and pay $100 for one person), I can ALSO get a NCC (paying $100 for one person) that would be applied to a 2nd future cruise? So far what I'm hoping to do in the not too distant future (a Norwegian Fjords cruise in 2014) is not available for booking (at least online), but I'd love to do other shorter cruises I could probably book now and if I'm understanding you I could do this....

I see that you are cruising on our most favorite ship shortly so you can do all of this while on board your upcoming Radiance cruise.:D If Phillipa is the Loyalty Ambassador on board, she will be more than happy to help you. Make an appointment early on in your cruise to see her. She can be found on Deck 12 mid-ship and the appointment book can be found as you enter the C&A area.

Have a great cruise.

I did not know that you could do that. Book after you get home

That is what our Certified Vacation Planner at Royal Caribbean told us. You have 14 days after disembarkation to call a CVP and receive the same OBC and reduced deposits as you would receive booking on board.

There seems to be a lot of complaints especially on the Allure and Oasis about people not able to see the next cruise department. We didn't get a clear answer as if this was just unique to those ships but we got the impression it was fleet wide. Other CC members have done this and our CVP told us to call her after we got back from our cruise and she will book our next one.

We do trans-Atlantic cruises most of the time. I book the cruise from home the minute it comes out to get best pick of cabin and price.

When on a ship for another cruise (usually the fall TA prior to the spring TA that I have booked or the next fall TA), I rebook it with the LA if the price hasn't gone up or gone up that much to get the perks. When I get home, I wait list the cabin I have picked when I first booked, then cancel the first booking. So far, I've gotten the cabin I first booked.

I once bought a NCL but didn't have to see a LA. I picked up the form and turned it into a box during the cruise. The certificate was delivered to my cabin.

We cruise with the same couple and/or single most of the time on our trans-Atlantics. One of us will buy the NCL since you can add up to two "friends and family" cabins to it if you all book within a certain amount of time. Everyone gets the same $100 deposit and OBC.

Tucker in Texas

Archived