Platinum Complimentary Wash & Fold

NavyCruiser

We're traveling on our very first cruise as Platinum members.

Carnival website states for Platinum level:

Complimentary Wash & Fold

(2 bags on a 3 – 6 day cruises,

3 bags on a 7+ day cruises)

http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits.aspx

Does that mean 3 bags per person or per stateroom per entire cruise?

& how big are the "bags"?

& how fast is the turnaround service? same day? next day?

Just wondering, since it'll affect how much we need to pack.

If this service works out well, we can travel light with just bring carry on & save $100 on airlines' check in luggage fees.

Thanks for the clarification...

We're traveling on our very first cruise as Platinum members.

Carnival website states for Platinum level:

Complimentary Wash & Fold

(2 bags on a 3 – 6 day cruises,

3 bags on a 7+ day cruises)

http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits.aspx

Does that mean 3 bags per person or per stateroom per entire cruise?

& how big are the "bags"?

& how fast is the turnaround service? same day? next day?

Just wondering, since it'll affect how much we need to pack.

If this service works out well, we can travel light with just bring carry on & save $100 on airlines' check in luggage fees.

Thanks for the clarification...

Bags are per person, assuming both are Platinum.

Bags are paper and about twice the size of plastic grocery bag.

We have received ours back late evening except for 2 times. May depend on number of Platinum cruisers your steward has, and number of passengers.

Just don't give them anything you really care about. They must use the hottest water and the absolute god-awful cheapest detergent. And forget any fabric softening, they'll feel like sand paper. I was always very disappointed.:(

I just give them underwear, shorts, t-shirts and socks. And apprehensive as hell about that.:rolleyes:

Just don't give them anything you really care about. They must use the hottest water and the absolute god-awful cheapest detergent. And forget any fabric softening, they'll feel like sand paper. I was always very disappointed.:(

I just give them underwear, shorts, t-shirts and socks. And apprehensive as hell about that.:rolleyes:

Yes , don't send in anything thats realy nice...We usually send white clothes one day and color clothes that next..Now they take them in the morning and usually have them back that afternoon..We pack a pair of shorts or pants and several shirts to wear with each, unless I spill something on them I wear them twice ..I always give my room steward a little tip for handling my laundry, it's cheaper than paying for them to be cleaned..Dennis

The bags appear small, but if you roll the clothes you can get quite a bit in them. As others have said, I don't send anything good, but have had no problem with t-shirts, shorts, jeans, etc. Generally you get your clean clothes back the same day or the next morning. I give the cabin steward an extra tip at the end rather than for each bag. Nancy

My husband sends his things out, but I don't. I think his shorts and tee shirts come back wrinkled because they are stuffed back into a bag. Also, depending on your ship, the clothes may not come back for a day or two. Usually on Dream, they are returned the next day or day after.

On our last cruise DH sent things out on Monday and they still weren't back on Thursday, so we asked and they were brought back immediately. I do think our steward really forgot about our things as we have never had that long a turn around time.

We've done pretty well with the wash and fold service. Usually if we send out one bag crammed with items, the clothes are returned to us in two bags so they're not crammed. It's nice being able to limit what you pack. And next year with a Baltic cruise, it's going to be a godsend....:)

Interesting.......I don't take anything on the cruise that I would trust them with....and have never used this perk...even though I am now Diamond.....still won't use it. I don't put my cotton things in the dryer and I don't put underwear in the dryer...... and I don't really want the clothes faded or wrinkled as a prune........ easier to wear capris twice and just take enough tops....

I'm surprised ya'll all love this perk so much...... don't the clothes need ironing when you get them back?

I'm surprised ya'll all love this perk so much...... don't the clothes need ironing when you get them back?
We don't pack that many clothes that need ironing. If we do have something that needs to be ironed (whether because it was washed or ended up creased in the suitcase) I just run over to the laundry room to iron it. Before we were Platinum we would take a sea day to do laundry, and I'm very thankful we don't have to do that anymore.

I send t-shirts and tank tops that I am either wearing around Lido or on an excursion. I am on vacation. I don't really care if someone looks at me because my t-shirt may have a few wrinkle. I don't ever care if my underwear or socks have wrinkles.

Thanks for everyone's kind responses.

Since both of us are Platinum, we both can benefit from this service.

As for the quality of the detergent & water temp, it can't be any worse than from all the years I've used the US Navy ship's hard water & gov-issued detergent. Guess our socks, underwear & pool/beach/workout clothes can use a little toughen up this one time...

read they are taking perk away. Anyone know for sure?

thanks in advance

not taking it away, just limiting what you can send..Platinum can send 2 days for 5 day- 3 bags for 7 day and longer per Platinum member...We were on the Dream in Feb. 2010 and we were told only 2 bags per person and we had been in Florida for 5 days already..Talked to our room steward and he told us there were lots of Platinum members on board but he would take all we wanted to send...Amount is unlimited for Diamond... :)..Dennis

not taking it away, just limiting what you can send..Platinum can send 2 days for 5 day- 3 bags for 7 day and longer per Platinum member...We were on the Dream in Feb. 2010 and we were told only 2 bags per person and we had been in Florida for 5 days already..Talked to our room steward and he told us there were lots of Platinum members on board but he would take all we wanted to send...Amount is unlimited for Diamond... :)..Dennis

Although limited to the new amounts, how much laundry can we send on a 5 day or 7 day cruise. Most DW and I have ever sent on a 7 day cruise was 2 bags (1 each). I wouldn't expect my steward to was and fold clothes from a 5 day pre cruise trip.

While CCL has limited the amount for Platinum, we never used as much as is still available, so this cut has not impacted us.

Interesting.......I don't take anything on the cruise that I would trust them with....and have never used this perk...even though I am now Diamond.....still won't use it. I don't put my cotton things in the dryer and I don't put underwear in the dryer...... and I don't really want the clothes faded or wrinkled as a prune........ easier to wear capris twice and just take enough tops....

Took the Behind the Scenes tour a while back.

Your laundry will go into a mesh bag. Other peoples laundry will go into their own mesh bags. All get washed together, no separating of colors. Washed on HOT. The clothes are not dried but run through a hot mangle, dried and pressed at the same time. If the person running the mangle is good you clothes shouldn't be wrinkled, maybe an errant crease.

We send out jeans, pants, shirts, underwear, socks etc. Things that have been washed and dried at home many times and if they get ruined, oh well. I'll wear it around the ship and tell the story.:p

DH has never had a problem - he sends all his clothes, except for his rayon cruise shirts, I hold those out.

I used to send jeans, t-shirts, workout clothes - but last time, a brand-new white t-shirt with colored design was ruined - so I'll haveto evaluate what I'll send anymore.

I send pretty much all my stuff and never a problem. DW will send pants and most blouses and underwear but not bras.

Tell steward the day before we wll have laundry next day allow him to pick up by 9 am and always back by 6.

Yes , don't send in anything thats realy nice...We usually send white clothes one day and color clothes that next..

It doesn't matter if you send your clothes out separate or all together, the guys in the laundry wash all the clothes together with everyone elses.

Archived