Graham Seymour Here

Graham, my condolences for your friend. That kind of loss is always hard.

We will be on Freedom in November and look forward to seeing you. Have a great vacation!

fyi - we met Drew several years back when he was on Rhapsody. He is a great guy, very active and very approachable. I enjoyed talking with him. Those of you that will have him while onboard have nothing to worry about it.

Thanks for posting your update! I'd love to see you sharing more with those of us here at Cruise Critic in the future.

I really enjoyed seeing you in March on the Freedom of the Seas and am looking forward to seeing you again in October with a bunch of my friends. I know that it's going to be a great time with you onboard.

Thanks so much for the great job you do!

condolences on the loss of your friend.

As we are 'local' to you, we will look out for you roller blading in "Upper Chichester"!!

come back to Independence soon - we all miss you over here :D

Take care

Alison

Graham,

Condolences on the loss of your friend. You are correct...no one knows what is going on behind a smile. I'm sure you were in his thoughts even though time and distance got in the way.

We thoroughly enjoyed you and your show when we sailed on Freedom this April, and my younger son was so looking forward to dropping a note in your box to be read on the morning show. We're sailing Freedom again the last week of August so we may end up missing you depending on when you start vacation, but please enjoy yourself.

Hi Graham! Thanks for dropping by the message boards. We have cruised with you before and you kept us laughing along the way. YOU definitely are our "cup of tea"!

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

Enjoy your much deserved time off. Can't wait to see you on the "Freedom" in October when I will be celebrating my 50th Birthday! Freedom is our favorite Royal ship. Wanda

Edited by spammie

Hi Graham.

First of all,sorry to read about your friend.That is just too sad.

Wanted to say,when I was on the FR last Oct,your morning shows started my day off with LOTS of laughs.....You are hilarious!!

Going back on the FR in Sept.Will miss you,but I know Drew and he will be doing a fabulous job too.

Enjoy your holiday!!

I agree, might have to look at Freedom again in 2014, but a lot can change before then.

Hi Graham,

We have sailed with you twice, most recently this past Feb.. You are by far the funniest CD we have encountered....just love your "out there", quirky sense of humor. I watch the morning show every day of our cruise and laugh my head off!:D My husband actually came out of the bathroom one morning to see if there was someone else in the room because he couldn't believe I was laughing so much at the TV!

Enjoy your break and please know that I send my sincere sympathy on the loss of your friend.

Hope to sail with you again someday!!! :D

Graham, not only are you definitely my cup of tea, but also the gold standard for CD's that we came to compare others to.

So sorry about your friend. Loss and grieving are hard (I recently lost my husband of 35+ years . . . it's not easy). One of the things that can bring on a laugh and a smile to me will always be your morning wake-up shows. Thanks.

Had you on the Indy and the Freedom, hope to sail with you again soon.

Graham, so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Thoughts are with you.

Enjoy home and roller blading. It will all be brilliant. Don't come back too knackered. See you in December

Hi Graham,

So wonderful to hear from you through this forum! It is obvious just how many fans you have here on CC! We never really paid much attention to CD's on our cruises until we cruised with you and we have yet to find another CD that begins to compare! My daughter and I LOVED when you sang Chasing Cars! Everytime we hear the song we still look at each other wistfully, wishing we were back on the Mariner with you!

Enjoy your vacation...

Another fan,

Lauri

Enjoy your time off. I have heard wonderful reviews about you and am looking forward to experiencing you in person in Feb. If you shorten your contracts to four months, will you still be on the Feb 10th sailing?

Sorry about your loss.

It's nice to see a CD here and talking. We have never sailed with you, but Drew was about the best thing on our Monarch cruise. He did an excellent job, so your people are in good hands. He was funny, witty and wasn't annoying, overbearing or super fake. All huge checkmarks from us.

Just wanted to say I think it so awesome that you communicate with your Royal Caribbean fan club on CruiseCritic!! I think that says volumes! I can't wait to meet you as I have heard so many wonderful things about you! Seeing all the wonderful reviews about how active you were was one of the things that made me book the Freedom for my honeymoon cruise in October!!

Sorry about your friend! I understand only too well the sadness behind the smile.

Have to ask... what's the timeframe of your next 4 months? We had JUST decided to sail on FR for spring break... but not if you're not there.

Who's gonna do the cupcake cupboard dance with us?

So sorry to hear about your friend.

Had a great time seeing you last week. (But gosh darn it, there were a few days when we forgot to watch the morning show.... thought of it around 2pm. They say the memory is the first thing to go...:o:()

Have a great vacation.

You are our cup of tea and can't wait to see you again in December!

Graham,

So sorry to hear about your friend. Such a tragic story. Hopefully being back home with your family will give you some comfort.

From the sounds of this site you have quite a following - Congrats to you!! The last time I saw you - you were an Asst. Cruise Director. Everyone seems to really appreciate the job that you do!!

Enjoy your time off. Be careful of the rollerblades - we're not 18(ish) anymore... ;)

~Elaine

Again I am overwhelmed by your comments and kind words - THANK YOU

MMM dont you just love packing! It used to be so much fun ...USED TO BE

two days left ..big smile just had a great quest, Drew has been great we meet up quick chat and he goes off setting his week up...that's how I like it always kinda a weird when you have a shadow for 7 days more so when you don't know the person, but thankfully Drew has done this long enough. He will bring his character to Freedom as he should and will be great.

Answers to your Questions

Cello 56 - Not sure what the schedule is or if that Drew will be my fill will try and find out and post before home time, things can change quite quickly or not at all ...ship life

I will be returning

Sept 30th - Feb 3rd then Vacation

Return Apr 7th - July 28th

Then my 3 years are up and a different ship awaits have asked for a smaller ship with cruise to perhaps Alaska or New Zealand just to have a change of scenery.

Birdylady - New DVD

I have been a bit lazy in truth need to get back on it and finish that up the idea is there

Icemans Mum - Good Old Worthing... abit to far to blade from Upper Chichester :o) But you may see my brooklands Capri roar past LOL

Candleonthewater - Feb 3rd will be my leave date

Big Decision -

Sheperds Pie or Roast Chicken for the first meal home cooked by yours truly ....LOVE those kind of problems

All my favourite US shows have finished Boo Hiss Boo

Greys Anatomy

Homeland (Love That Show)

Dexter

Once Upon A Time

New Girl

Game OF Thrones

I will sign off with this I wrote...Too My Friend Corey Schmidt - May 17th 2012

I just heard a rumour that you let go all your pain

Was taken back to hear that as you never seemed that way

I think about how close we were and memories remain

But god it stings to think of things and maybe helped you stay

To the sounds of thunder and how we sang there songs we loved

To laughing at stupid stuff when all around us huffed

To knowing that the time you gave brought many smiles to all

But I'm smiling that you found the place where you are standing tall

You think you know a friend, like knowing yourself inside

But times like this just proves how many things we hide

I hope the peace has found you in spirit and in mind

And as you sleep forever keep our friendship you left behind

Thanks Again, Be Well

Graham

Graham, that is such a touching poem. Our condolences. DH and I will be sailing on Freedom next May, 2013. We hope to see you on that cruise. We've heard so many good things about you as a cruise director. Really looking forward to your morning show. Have a safe vacation.

I should have added my comments earlier.

I addition to being a talented entertainer, Graham is also great at the less glamorous aspects of the CD job. When he was the CD of Independence dung our TA a few years ago he and his staff worked with our [rather large, well over 200] roll call group both during and before the cruise to arrange venues, provide advice and generally make our group activities run smoothly. We contacted him by email prior to the cruise and he helped us immensely. That is the kind of work a CD does that is usually only noticeable when it doesn't occur and things get screwed up. Graham and his staff were wonderful to us. I don't have a single favorite cruise, but there are a few that I consider in the top tier for various reasons. This was certainly one of those. And Graham was a big part of making it special for our entire group.

Thanks again on behalf of all of the 2009 Transatlantic Fanatics.

Edited by mjldvlks

I really appreciate that you take the time to get on here and answer our questions.

Break our hearts - Our sailing would be March 24! Guess we will just have to sneak another cruise in!

Answers to your Questions

Cello 56 - Not sure what the schedule is or if that Drew will be my fill will try and find out and post before home time' date=' things can change quite quickly or not at all ...ship life

I will be returning

Sept 30th - Feb 3rd then Vacation

Return Apr 7th - July 28th

Then my 3 years are up and a different ship awaits have asked for a smaller ship with cruise to perhaps Alaska or New Zealand just to have a change of scenery.

[i']Candleonthewater[/i] - Feb 3rd will be my leave date

Big Decision -

Sheperds Pie or Roast Chicken for the first meal home cooked by yours truly ....LOVE those kind of problems

All my favourite US shows have finished Boo Hiss Boo

Greys Anatomy

Homeland (Love That Show)

Dexter

Once Upon A Time

New Girl

Game OF Thrones

I will sign off with this I wrote...Too My Friend Corey Schmidt - May 17th 2012

I just heard a rumour that you let go all your pain

Was taken back to hear that as you never seemed that way

I think about how close we were and memories remain

But god it stings to think of things and maybe helped you stay