Found an Item in my Star stateroom

JDKMunch

Just got off the 7/22 Star Sailing

Room 11656

If someone on a previous sailing lost something in this stateroom. Please contact me.

Have you contacted NCL? Item should have been left on the ship with Guest Services.

Have you contacted NCL? Item should have been left on the ship with Guest Services.

Seriously! 2000+ people on this ship, I'd gander that less than 10% read cruise critic (and even fewer post). If its something of value, the person could be trying to contact NCL, but you kept it instead? :eek:

And really, I avoid being preachy on CC. But this one really surprises me. I hope it encourages the OP to at least call NCL and report it. I can't imagine OP told guest services during the cruise and was told to keep it until it was claimed.

Room 11656

If someone on a previous sailing lost something in this stateroom. Please contact me.

Obvious question--what makes you think the previous cruiser is a member of CC? MYbe you know something we don't know, but we would have turned it in to NCL

Seriously! 2000+ people on this ship, I'd gander that less than 10% read cruise critic (and even fewer post). If its something of value, the person could be trying to contact NCL, but you kept it instead? :eek:

And really, I avoid being preachy on CC. But this one really surprises me. I hope it encourages the OP to at least call NCL and report it. I can't imagine OP told guest services during the cruise and was told to keep it until it was claimed.

My thoughts exactly.

This kind of thinking is why people who blame cruise line employees for 'stealing' items they left behind because Lost and Found knows nothing about it.

In reality, its the next passenger who is completely at fault for not turning the item in.

You're assuming the OP kept the item. Maybe he/she is just using the CC forum to get the word out' date=' and the item was turned over to NCL.[/quote']

If that was true, shouldn't the OP has said "Contact NCL because I turned it in to Guest Services?" Instead, OP said

Room 11656

It seems like it would be a simple task for NCL to contact the previous occupants of that cabin because NCL has all the records. Much less chance to find someone on CC. Maybe that's the point. Must have been something "good".

It seems like it would be a simple task for NCL to contact the previous occupants of that cabin because NCL has all the records. Much less chance to find someone on CC. Maybe that's the point. Must have been something "good".

There have been quite a few reports of people leaving something behind, and never getting it back. Based on these reports and a personal experience (grams cell phone), I have very little faith in NCLs lost and found. I may be totally wrong, but....

There have been quite a few reports of people leaving something behind, and never getting it back. Based on these reports and a personal experience (grams cell phone), I have very little faith in NCLs lost and found. I may be totally wrong, but....

I have no personal experience with NCL's lost and found. The point I was trying to make is that NCL would have a much better chance of reuniting the lost item with the proper owner than a subsequent passenger would.

I can't see any valid reason why the OP would take the item and not turn it in to the lost and found. Having no faith in NCL's lost and found is not a valid reason IMHO.

Well, at least one of the reports of someone leaving something behind and not getting it back could be right here with the OP. I know the story of grams phone, but one bad experience doesn't condemn the whole cruise line?

Taking an item of worth that you find on the ship home with you in case someone wants to contact you to get it back is very close to something illegal?

I would much rather my valuable item be with lost and found that in some strangers home.

The OP posts about once every year or so, I'm guessing we will hear no more.

I contacted NCL corporate today -

Without question I would never leave this on the ship - I traveled with 7 people and we all agreed to post on the "boards" and contact cooperate directly to reach out to the last few people sailing in room 11656

It would be way too easy just to say "nope we found nothing" and keep the item (which is not what I want)

Without question I would never leave this on the ship - I traveled with 7 people and we all agreed to post on the "boards" and contact cooperate directly to reach out to the last few people sailing in room 11656

It would be way too easy just to say "nope we found nothing" and keep the item (which is not what I want)

Its pretty arrogant to believe that an item is safer with you than with NCL, no?

What qualifies you to be a better safekeeper?

I am arrogant and what qualifies me are my intentions.

As NCL states they are not responsible for personable belongings. I have left items on other lines before never to be returned.

As I said - this would not be returned - keep in mind you have no idea what it is. Could be worth thousands or nothing at all. I will post when the item is reunited with the owner.

Pretty exciting chain of events for someone who (according to your posted cruise history) has never sailed with NCL before....

Would you mind sharing just how a newbie such as yourself (and I quote) "contacted NCL corporate today"?

It seems like that would be a pretty neat trick being that it is SUNDAY and NCL Corporate is CLOSED today....

Maybe you have the direct home numbers for NCL Corporate employees?

I have left items on other lines before never to be returned.

Yes, and this is exactly why it wasn't returned. Because someone like you took it with them instead of turning it in.

Wow, this is an extremely interesting thread.

I would never think to take a lost and found item home with me, no matter what it was. If it was something of value and I had any fear it would not find it's way to it's owner. I would most likely take a photo of it, get names of the people I gave it to and let them know that I had photos and was going to put it out on some cruise boards stating I had located something and had turned it into the lost and found on the ship.

OP taking it home and posting on CC, where if you are lucky you may get 40 or 50 people on a roll call (connected with CC) out of 2000+ people on the ship. Most of which are not regular posters after their cruise. That would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Not to mention cruisers are from all over the world and could be rather costly to "ship" the item home.

OP perhaps you should get someone's name to send it to in the lost and found department, send it to that person requiring a signature, so you know who and where it was sent. If it was something that you think would be very important for someone to get back they would most likely contact the lost and found at NCL and even if you spoke to someone, someone else would not know this and would only go to the records of the items that were in their possession.

Pretty exciting chain of events for someone who (according to your posted cruise history) has never sailed with NCL before....

Would you mind sharing just how a newbie such as yourself (and I quote) "contacted NCL corporate today"?

It seems like that would be a pretty neat trick being that it is SUNDAY and NCL Corporate is CLOSED today....

Maybe you have the direct home numbers for NCL Corporate employees?

I updated my profile just for you :D

AND obviously you have never contacted any company LOL :eek:

I think the OP is right.

He is taking advantage of BOTH Norwegian's ability to contact previous guests AND his ability, along with 7 friends to use the CC boards.

If I left something I would appreciate the effort, especially if it something valuable. I would have less trust in any cruise line, or cruise line employee to return the item than I would have in the OP, using NCL as a resource, and holding them accountable.

My trust in the original poster is based on the simple fact that he posted here. If his intention was to keep the item, well, uh, wouldnt he not post here?

He has removed multiple levels of potential theft.

People should be thanking him, not chastising him.

Archived