Just off the Summit July 29-Aug 5

inforem

I appreciate anyone who takes the time to post a review and share their experiences, good and bad. So for doing so, thank you!

That said, some reviews I take with a grain of salt ... generally those with a "glass half empty" tone. Not that I don't think the cruisers writing these reviews genuinely felt/experienced what they said they did, but their expectations and subsequent reaction are probably different than mine. So what may bother you - may not bother me. What doesn't bother me - may ruin your cruise. It's ok... it's your opinion. BUT - you are likely to get some flack when you set the tone with "if you don't have anything nice to say...." because, actually - you had plenty of nice things to say!

My husband and I were also on this sailing. We believe that of our 52 cruises, this was one of our best. I have never been on a ship where the Officers, staff and crew are more engaged with the passengers. They provided excellent service throughout the ship. Everyone sets a different standard as to what makes a great cruise. The food can only be so good -- it's a mass market cruise line, the cabin can only be so magnificent -- it's a cruise ship, but a crew that puts everything into making your vacation over and above what you expect can make for a wonderful time. By the way embarkation and debarkation were a breeze. We left the Newark Marriott at 10:30 AM and were in Bistro on 5 at 11:00 AM! We walked off the ship at 8:35 AM and arrived at Newark at 9:00. Can't beat that!

That's great! I found the crew and officers of the Summit were wonderful, really set a welcoming tone to the cruise. Glad to hear that hasn't changed.

We plan to be in Bistro on Five for lunch - hope we can Bosrd as early as you did.

My husband and I were also on this sailing. We believe that of our 52 cruises, this was one of our best. I have never been on a ship where the Officers, staff and crew are more engaged with the passengers. They provided excellent service throughout the ship. Everyone sets a different standard as to what makes a great cruise. The food can only be so good -- it's a mass market cruise line, the cabin can only be so magnificent -- it's a cruise ship, but a crew that puts everything into making your vacation over and above what you expect can make for a wonderful time. By the way embarkation and debarkation were a breeze. We left the Newark Marriott at 10:30 AM and were in Bistro on 5 at 11:00 AM! We walked off the ship at 8:35 AM and arrived at Newark at 9:00. Can't beat that!

So nice to hear, can't wait for our cruise next month.

BTW, did you mean Newark Airport by 9AM? If so, did you grab a cab and were there alot of them at the port? Thank you.

Diane

Summit seems to take a review beating during the mid-summer cruises. Perhaps the added number of passengers as there are many vacationing families take a toll on the staff.

We certainly understand that many have little choice on the timing of their vacations. As (kind of) empty nesters we prefer traveling when school is in session. We would be very upset if the staff did not enforce the "Adults only" in the T-pool; one of our favorite spots on the M-class ships.

We are certainly looking forward to our two weeks on Summit late next month, and find the positive parts of your review encouraging. Thanks for sharing, and keep crusing!

By the way embarkation and debarkation were a breeze. We left the Newark Marriott at 10:30 AM and were in Bistro on 5 at 11:00 AM! We walked off the ship at 8:35 AM and arrived at Newark at 9:00. Can't beat that!

This has me re-thinking our arrival time. They began embarkation prior to 11:00? Would someone confirm?

THANK YOU!

Hi Arno,

I have answered some of the questions:

CD was Justin Nichols, but he was just filling in (July15)

Guest Relations was Pearline Morgan, but I think she was going on vacation (July 15)

Thanks Sheila, will do..

WhosOnBoardAug2012.png

OK - here's my take on it. Your first post removed any creditibility that you may have had so I didn't put much credence in anything you posted afterward. :rolleyes:

You got the attention you wanted but now it's time to move on. Next......

OK - here's my take on it. Your first post removed any creditibility that you may have had so I didn't put much credence in anything you posted afterward. :rolleyes:

You got the attention you wanted but now it's time to move on. Next......

Exactly....next. If you didn't think my review was creditible, why bother to read it and comment 3 days later....?

A follower I see

With the exception of the front office service, Inforem rates the various aspects of the cruise from 5 to 10. To me that range signifies average to excellent. To me, this sounds like a thumbs up review rather than a thumbs down review.

I agree that the training tends to be poor for passenger service reps onboard. However, I have found this across all lines I have cruised on, not just on Celebrity. Some staff are extremely helpful and others will not take ownership of a problem. I think the cruise lines could benefit from the training some of the major hotel chains give their staff: the employee who hears a problem owns it until it is fixed.

With the exception of the front office service, Inforem rates the various aspects of the cruise from 5 to 10. To me that range signifies average to excellent. To me, this sounds like a thumbs up review rather than a thumbs down review.

I agree that the training tends to be poor for passenger service reps onboard. However, I have found this across all lines I have cruised on, not just on Celebrity. Some staff are extremely helpful and others will not take ownership of a problem. I think the cruise lines could benefit from the training some of the major hotel chains give their staff: the employee who hears a problem owns it until it is fixed.

I so agree with you

Archived