A different kind of Chicago

Red-Sol

It cant be the same. The stage isn't set of for it and they don't have the set.

Edit - Wait.....it could be the popular group, Chicago. If so, that would be pretty cool. I remember dedicating all their songs to a girlfriend when I was a teen. :D

Yes actually I am quite familiar with the band and their music...wondering though if it is a tribute band..or the real thing. If the real thing those guys must be getting pretty old..just like me! :D

Hey folks,

I just heard that the headliner for our Oasis 9/22 sailing is Chicago. (I'm pretty sure it's not the same Chicago as on Allure! ;) Anyone seen or have an opinion on them?

Chicago's website which shows their schedule from now until mid-November doesn't show them on Oasis on 9/22 although their schedule is clear from September 17th through the 26th, so it could be possible. More likely it is a Tribute band, or the source of that news has confused Oasis and Allure. :) I do have to think that if Chicago (the band) was appearing on Oasis anytime soon, the RCI publicity machine would be pumping out this information at high volume.

They may be getting old but that doesn't seem to be slowing them down to any degree, if their concert schedule is any indication, and if you think they are "OLD" consider Mick Jagger and Paul McCartney among many others. :D

Interesting to read this...I also just got notification from web_reservations that Chicago was our headline entertainment on the 9/2/2012 Allure sailing as well! I was initially dubious, but your post has me wondering (hoping) if it might be true. I checked Chicago's website and they have a show on 9/2, but then the schedule is open until Friday (9/7). Since headline shows are Wednesday and Thursday, and Friday is a sea day, the only way for them to get off the ship would be helicopter. I don't see that happening, but who knows? I have asked RCCL for clarification and will share the response here.

Chicago's website which shows their schedule from now until mid-November doesn't show them on Oasis on 9/22 although their schedule is clear from September 17th through the 26th, so it could be possible. More likely it is a Tribute band, or the source of that news has confused Oasis and Allure. :) I do have to think that if Chicago (the band) was appearing on Oasis anytime soon, the RCI publicity machine would be pumping out this information at high volume.

They may be getting old but that doesn't seem to be slowing them down to any degree, if their concert schedule is any indication, and if you think they are "OLD" consider Mick Jagger and Paul McCartney among many others. :D

McCartney and Jagger seem to be kinda sorta hanging in there..Keith Richards on the other hand may very well live forever being so "chemically preserved" ;)

Interesting to read this...I also just got notification from web_reservations that Chicago was our headline entertainment on the 9/2/2012 Allure sailing as well! I was initially dubious, but your post has me wondering (hoping) if it might be true. I checked Chicago's website and they have a show on 9/2, but then the schedule is open until Friday (9/7). Since headline shows are Wednesday and Thursday, and Friday is a sea day, the only way for them to get off the ship would be helicopter. I don't see that happening, but who knows? I have asked RCCL for clarification and will share the response here.

That would be great..I am keeping my fingers crossed that it really is Chicago!

I just read this info on our Roll Call, as well, and was curious. I googled it, and guess what came up??!! This thread :D:D! It will be interesting to see if it's the "real" Chicago or not! We had Mosaic on our last cruise, and they were awesome. I'm hoping for something just as entertaining. --Katie

I just read this info on our Roll Call, as well, and was curious. I googled it, and guess what came up??!! This thread :D:D! It will be interesting to see if it's the "real" Chicago or not! We had Mosaic on our last cruise, and they were awesome. I'm hoping for something just as entertaining. --Katie

Maybe it is a tribute band name Chikago :D We know they already use an Abba tribute band

I did a little digging. It can't be the "real" Chicago because they are performing at some Gala on Wed. Sept. 26, which is one of the days the Headliner Show is scheduled for our cruise. Here's the link to the "real" Chicago's schedule: http://chicagotheband.us/events/event/listByDate?date=2012-09-26. SO, that still leaves us with the question of who/what is "Chicago" exactly? :confused: --Katie

I did a little digging. It can't be the "real" Chicago because they are performing at some Gala on Wed. Sept. 26, which is one of the days the Headliner Show is scheduled for our cruise. Here's the link to the "real" Chicago's schedule: http://chicagotheband.us/events/event/listByDate?date=2012-09-26. SO, that still leaves us with the question of who/what is "Chicago" exactly? :confused: --Katie

I'm pretty sure we will end up finding out that it is a Chicago tribute band. If so that still could be good entertainment (if they are good) I saw a Beatles tribute band called "Rain" one time and they were very good. Hopefully someone will know more soon.

I'm pretty sure we will end up finding out that it is a Chicago tribute band. If so that still could be good entertainment (if they are good) I saw a Beatles tribute band called "Rain" one time and they were very good. Hopefully someone will know more soon.

We will be on the Oasis in Jan.2013,,,hope it is Chicago,,or even a good imitator:cool::cool:

If it is a tribute band they wouldn't be using the name Chigago. Tribute bands usually use some sort of play on words as their name....like "Big Shot" - Billy Joel, or "Runaway" - Bon Jovi.....

Who knows what this might be.......I don't think Chicago is above being a healiner on Oasis at this stage in their career........they play smaller venues near me..........

If it is a tribute band they wouldn't be using the name Chigago. Tribute bands usually use some sort of play on words as their name....like "Big Shot" - Billy Joel, or "Runaway" - Bon Jovi.....

Who knows what this might be.......I don't think Chicago is above being a healiner on Oasis at this stage in their career........they play smaller venues near me..........

That's a good point about the name...usually it is something different for tribute bands. Although wasn't ABBA (and I assume that was a tribute) on either Oasis or Allure?

I probably should send an email to Royal and see if I can get more information.

(edit) I just sent Royal an email asking about this..I will post here when I hear something.

FTI: I just got an email from RCCL indicating that our entertainment was the comedy duo Mario and Daniel, and NOT Chicago. This was the 9/2/12 Allure cruise.

That is not going to be the headliner. That will be the two comedians in the Comedy Club on Deck 4.

I think.

:)

Here is the reply from RC to my request for headliner info on Allure's 9/2 sailing. I certainly cannot believe they don't have this info available.

"Unfortunately, information regarding the headliner act will not be available prior to sailing. Please consult the daily Cruise Compass once onboard for activity and entertainment information. However, we are pleased to provide you with the following entertainment that is currently scheduled for the September 2, 2012 sailing of the Allure of the Seas:

Mario & Daniel Comedy Duo

Paul O'Shea Schooner Pianist

Charlie Jourdan Pub Entertainer

Smooth Sailing Floating Centrum DUO

Please note that the onboard entertainment is subject to change. For more specific information regarding times and locations, please consult the Cruise Compass once onboard. We sincerely apologize for any disappointment this response may cause."

I did a little digging. It can't be the "real" Chicago because they are performing at some Gala on Wed. Sept. 26, which is one of the days the Headliner Show is scheduled for our cruise. Here's the link to the "real" Chicago's scheduong as itle: http://chicagotheband.us/events/event/listByDate?date=2012-09-26. SO, that still leaves us with the question of who/what is "Chicago" exactly? :confused: --Katie

LOL, as I said in a previous thread....I'm cool as it isnt an ABBA tribute band, I'll be OK. :eek:

I pretty much received the same type of reply when asking about "Chicago" on our September 22nd Oasis sailing. This is what Royal sent:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

Unfortunately, information regarding the headliner act will not be available prior to sailing. However, we are pleased to provide you with the following entertainment that is currently scheduled for the September 22, 2012 sailing of the Oasis of the Seas:

Mike Wilson Comedian

Tony Tillman Male Vocalist

Oleksandra & Sergii Ice Act

Chris McCann Pub Entertainer

City Lights Trio Centrum/VCL Trio

Bruce Gordon Quartet Jazz Quartet

Sol Y Arena Quartet Latin Quarter

Production Shows:

Hairspray

Come Fly with Me

Ice Show:

Frozen in Time

Parades:

Rockin Rhythm Nation

Dreamworks: Move It Move It

Please note that the onboard entertainment is subject to change. For more specific information regarding times and locations, please consult the Cruise Compass once onboard.

Archived