The ONE thing I would be willing to pay extra for..

SueG

I'd pay extra for a bigger bed. I used to say that I would only cruise if I could have my own cabin (and therefore a decent size bed to myself). When picking our cruise, I made sure we had a boat that had two twins that formed a king and not a queen. I sleep in a queen sized bed (alone!) at home so there was noooooooooo way I'd be comfortable in HALF of one!

I would pay extra $$ to swim and be in the lukewarm hot tubs as late as I want - special bracelet-- special lifeguard for the drunks

I would also pay extra $$$ for a male revue show -- they should jump on this while it is hot again!

I'd go a step further and say I'd pay for a less crowded, more relaxing pool area. Even if you can get a chair in the pool area on any mass market cruise line, it's just so wall-to-wall that it doesn't feel anything like relaxing. I'm hoping to find some more elbow room on Splendor next month by going a deck or two above the pool.

Jim

I was on the Splendor in June and never had a problem finding a lounger on Deck 10 aft. Also had very attentive bar service in that area too.

I would pay extra for the suites if they actually had perks worth something besides priority boarding. I can get that for 49.95 now:rolleyes:

ditto!

I would also pay extra for a true all inclusive experience - i.e. unlimited alcoholic drinks package/specialty restaurant package etc.

Agreed I would probably pay extra to have a guarantees chair on Lido.

you don't see that coming? i can wait to see this seat saving process rolled out on a ship that sails from an american port. should make for some interesting reading.

it's one thing to see it work on a ship full of experienced cultured travellers....

I would pay 25 cents extra just to have toast warm enough to melt butter!:p

One of my pet peeves right there. I always get my breakfast and hit the toast station last. Then I give them back two of their warm bread pieces and tell them to run it through the toaster again. Sometimes they say "sir, it is already toasted" and my reply is either "no its not" if I feel like making a point or "I like it slightly burnt" if I don't feel like arguing.

Princess has the full dinner on your balcony experience, with white linen tablecloth and waiters serving you during the entire multi-course experience. From what I read it's VERY popular!

As far as Carnival goes, I don't think I'd pay extra for anything else due to the nature of the Carnival cruises. It's a budget experience, which means that the reason I'm probably on that cruise is because I'm trying to save money. Paying for extras seems to defeat that purpose...

My wife and I had something like this at a Marriott resort in Barbados years ago. We ordered the full meal earlier in the day and scheduled a time for if to be delivered. I included drinks, apps, salad, entree, dessert. When he came with the drinks and apps course he brought the full linen table setting with candles. Then came about 20 minutes later with each course. It was romantic.

To answer the question, I would pay extra to get room service delivered faster. I would love to order coffee and danish in the morning and not have it take 30-45 minutes to get to the cabin. I know we can preorder the night before, but that only works if you now what time your getting up.

ditto!

I would also pay extra for a true all inclusive experience - i.e. unlimited alcoholic drinks package/specialty restaurant package etc.

Agreed. Royal offered this and a friend said it was well worth it for them on their trip.

As for me, I would pay extra to find the winning slot machine. :D

My own lounger, in the shade, with Kate Bekinsale giving me a neck, shoulder, arm, and hand masaage...and then she whispers in my ear she finds out of shape, hairy chested, diet coke drinking men EXTREMELY sexy, and she wants me to father her next child.

Oh, and to keep DW happy, Toby Keith is over someone out of view keeping her busy.

Is that too much to ask?

Too funny! Lol....

One of my pet peeves right there. I always get my breakfast and hit the toast station last. Then I give them back two of their warm bread pieces and tell them to run it through the toaster again. Sometimes they say "sir, it is already toasted" and my reply is either "no its not" if I feel like making a point or "I like it slightly burnt" if I don't feel like arguing.

This is why we eat breakfast in the dining room. That way we get warm if not hot toast.

I'd pay extra for:

Johnny Depp :rolleyes:

Ok, me too.

I would definitely pay extra for Mr Depp.

Somehow I can't see any possible way he would be on a carnival ship unless he was somehow adrift at sea and rescued.

You know he owns his own private island in the Bahamas?

I cannot imagine...

Ok, me too.

I would definitely pay extra for Mr Depp.

Somehow I can't see any possible way he would be on a carnival ship unless he was somehow adrift at sea and rescued.

You know he owns his own private island in the Bahamas?

I cannot imagine...

Oh to be shipwrecked there!

On our last cruise, we paid "extra" for a window suite on the Caribbean Princess. I found the extra room, the ginormous marble bath with jacuzzi tub, and suite perks to be worth every extra penny. :cool: I would like the mass market lines to offer an alcohol all inclusive, and would willingly pay an extra $50-75/day for the convenience.

I just not understand when people say they cannot find a chaise lounge or chair at the pool, I been on 48 cruises and not one can I say that I was not able to find a chair.

The beds having a queen is fine, we do sleep in king but its not that we need a larger bed so we are good with queens.

I would love to see a drink package or all you can drink for a certain price or perhaps a choice of different type of drink packages.

We willing to pay extra for:

*Priority boarding, priority tendering, priority seating in specialty dining, etc

(carnival is now experimenting with this on two of its ships)

*Specialty dining but they should include lunch as well

*Drink/cocktail package or unlimited package of drinks

I would pay extra $$ to swim and be in the lukewarm hot tubs as late as I want - special bracelet-- special lifeguard for the drunks

I would also pay extra $$$ for a male revue show -- they should jump on this while it is hot again!

As long as they have a female revue show also, you know, separate but equal

Don't you think we already pay enough for such a vacation. Do we now need to arm the cruise lines with ammunition that allows them to start nickel and dimming passengers for the extras.

adjusted for inflation, we pay less now for a cruise than pretty much anytime in history.

Carnival is a very a la carte cruise line, low fares, and you can buy upgrades as you like it. If you dont drink, dont loungue, and dont care when you board, you can have a nice cheap vacation. Or, they can charge EVERYONE more and include all those things

Archived