New menu

Clamett

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, but there are over 400 posts here. Has anyone posted any pics of the new menus from a Freedom sailing?

Has anyone confirmed if there are still the "every day" choices?

Has anyone confirmed if there are still a la carte options, like a pay extra steak from Chops?

Thanks!

Never mind - finally got a search to work. This seems to be the answer (taken from another post):

There were some menu items that were always available:

Shrimp Cocktail

Escargot

Caesar Salad

Linguini Pomodoro

Angus Beef Sliders

Broiled Atlantic Cod

Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast

Aged Manhattan Strip Steak

BBB Creme Brulee

Chocolate Sensation

Cheese Plate

Main Lobster 24.95

Surf and Turf 34.95

Chops Steak 14.95

Updated list -- keep them coming!

• FR - 8/19/2012
  • AL - 09/16/2012 (not confirmed with RCLDining)
  • EN - 10/04/2012
  • EX - 10/14/2012
  • MJ - 10/19/2012
  • LB - 11/15/2012
  • AD - 11/18/2012
  • ID - 01/13/2013
  • MA - 02/??/2013
  • NV - 02/02/2013
  • VI - 03/8/2013
  • SR - 05/12/2013
  • BR - ??/??/????
  • GR - ??/??/????
  • JW - ??/??/????
  • LG - ??/??/????
  • OA - ??/??/????
  • RD - ??/??/????
  • RH - ??/??/????
  • SP - ??/??/????
  • VY - ??/??/????
  • MN - N/A (not confirmed, but she's leaving the fleet on 04/01/13)

Updated list -- keep them coming!

• FR - 8/19/2012
  • AL - 09/16/2012 (not confirmed with RCLDining)
  • EN - 10/04/2012
  • EX - 10/14/2012
  • MJ - 10/19/2012
  • LB - 11/15/2012
  • AD - 11/18/2012
  • ID - 01/13/2013
  • MA - 02/??/2013
  • NV - 02/02/2013
  • VI - 03/8/2013
  • SR - 05/12/2013
  • BR - ??/??/????
  • GR - ??/??/????
  • JW - ??/??/????
  • LG - ??/??/????
  • OA - ??/??/????
  • RD - ??/??/????
  • RH - ??/??/????
  • SP - ??/??/????
  • VY - ??/??/????
  • MN - N/A (not confirmed, but she's leaving the fleet on 04/01/13)

According to last week's Oasis Roll Call, the new menus started last week on Oasis (so 9/1/12). Can't wait to try them on our 9/22 cruise!! --Katie

Wow, very disappointed!!!! Just got off the Allure on Sunday so I missed the new menu by 2 weeks. Only ate in the MDR 2 times because we are so tired of that menu. We are gong on the Independence December 8th, so old menu again.:(

For now don't have another one scheduled until December 2013.

I just got an update from RCLDining with the remaining ships:

• FR - 8/19/2012
  • OA - 09/01/2012
  • AL - 09/16/2012
  • JW - 09/30/2012
  • EN - 10/04/2012
  • EX - 10/14/2012
  • MJ - 10/19/2012
  • BR - 11/12/2012
  • LB - 11/15/2012
  • AD - 11/18/2012
  • ID - 01/13/2013
  • MA - 02/??/2013
  • NV - 02/02/2013
  • GR - 03/01/2013
  • VI - 03/08/2013
  • SR - 05/12/2013
  • RD - 05/24/2013
  • RH - 05/31/2013
  • LG - TBA
  • SP - TBA
  • VY - TBA
  • MN - N/A (leaving the fleet on 04/01/13)

Well, since I will be on that sailing, I also wrote to them but not until after 4 PM EST and have not received an answer yet. 11/2 is the beginning of a new sailing and I also know 11/12 and 12/2 is also in the middle of a sailing! I guess I will wait until I get an answer!! Let you all know when I do!

I also am surprised the Vidalia Onion Tart is no longer. Also, I didn't see the Scallop Rissoto on the list anymore. :( We enjoyed both of those.

I don't understand the different themes of the day though. Everything on the menu that day is cooked with the themed ingredient?? :confused:

those are 2 of my favs-I'll be sad if they are gone

Just got off the Freedom and we loved the new menu. Escargot and creme brûlée every night was amazing. Not wild about the strip steak though. For the first time we ate in the dining room every night except for the night we went to chops. Wasn,t wowed by chops this time either. The steak was just ok but the service was amazing.

Just got off the Freedom and we loved the new menu. Escargot and creme brûlée every night was amazing. Not wild about the strip steak though. For the first time we ate in the dining room every night except for the night we went to chops. Wasn,t wowed by chops this time either. The steak was just ok but the service was amazing.

Thanks for the report. I can't wait to try the new offerings. So the strip steak wasn't any good? I usually order a Chops steak in the dining room when nothing else sounds good. But I was thinking maybe the NY strip steak would be a good option instead. What about the sliders? Did you try them?

Thanks for the report. I can't wait to try the new offerings. So the strip steak wasn't any good? I usually order a Chops steak in the dining room when nothing else sounds good. But I was thinking maybe the NY strip steak would be a good option instead. What about the sliders? Did you try them?

Didn't try the sliders but they sounded good. Everyone at my table tried the strip steak once during the week and no one liked it. It was very gristley and pretty tough. The fillet was better in the main dining room than at Chops for some reason. Not bad at Chops just ok.

I'd say overall you are in for a treat! I'm glad they made the ugrade. I made a piggy of myself on this trip and ordered several options each night with no regret! :rolleyes: Almost always 2 apps and 2 deserts. Sometimes 3 and sometimes 2 main meals. :eek: I love, love, love dessert so I'd always order the BBB creme brule and something else. Happy eating!

Didn't try the sliders but they sounded good. Everyone at my table tried the strip steak once during the week and no one liked it. It was very gristley and pretty tough. The fillet was better in the main dining room than at Chops for some reason. Not bad at Chops just ok.

I'd say overall you are in for a treat! I'm glad they made the ugrade. I made a piggy of myself on this trip and ordered several options each night with no regret! :rolleyes: Almost always 2 apps and 2 deserts. Sometimes 3 and sometimes 2 main meals. :eek: I love, love, love dessert so I'd always order the BBB creme brule and something else. Happy eating!

Thank you so much for the heads up on the strip steak. I won't waste my time ordering that. Trying all that food sounds like fun! Can't wait to go on vacation.

To the person who asked how the shrimp was prepared with the surf and turf...its was one shrimp that was supposed to be grilled but it wasn't and it was tough and small. Also had sliced boiled potatoes on the plate and the steak had no flavor. Sorry I'm not impressed with the "new" menu.

Thanks. I need some coating on my shrimp, so this doesn't sound good.

Maggie