New menu

Clamett

Do they have the new menu - I haven't read back through all the pages. I will be on the NYE cruise out of New Orleans - wondering what "special" things they might do - I've heard they give out party hats and noice makers in the MDR.

Sorry. Navigator will not get the new menu until Feb 2/13.

Not certain whether this was mentioned already, since I haven't gone through this entire thread. Was anybody on the Oasis as impressed as I was with the delicious Lamb Shank that was served in the MDR?

It was soooo tender and well-seasoned. I hadn't had lamb shank before, so it was quite a surprise for me. Served up with some great vegies and potatoes....yum!!!:)

Not certain whether this was mentioned already, since I haven't gone through this entire thread. Was anybody on the Oasis as impressed as I was with the delicious Lamb Shank that was served in the MDR?

It was soooo tender and well-seasoned. I hadn't had lamb shank before, so it was quite a surprise for me. Served up with some great vegies and potatoes....yum!!!:)

Had the lamb shanks on the last night of a Jewel 5 night cruise. Very delicious.

We liked the new menu. Unfortunately they did not have escargot due to the shortage. Tried the substitute scallops and they were fishy tasting. There are lots of other appetisers to try if they do not have real escargot.

Just did liberty 4 day. Menus: mojo, saffron (formal), pimiento, pomodoro. All pretty interesting. IMHO pimiento the best.

What does that mean? I'm getting ready to sail on Liberty for the 4 night cruise. Can you tell me what the menu was?

Txs

What does that mean? I'm getting ready to sail on Liberty for the 4 night cruise. Can you tell me what the menu was?

Txs

Rosebud....if you go to page 1 of this thread, there is a list of the various menu items that go along with the odd names. :)

It is true that the Vidalia onion tart is NOT on the new menu:(
Just realized that it was not on the menu from your posts. I do remember ordering the fish tapanade (smoked fish spread) the first night and it was great. I usually order the Vidalia Onion Tart, which is also very good.

Question....

May adults order from the "kid's menu?" That stuff looks pretty good!

I do. Sometimes you just feel like chicken fingers, instead of a big, fancy meal. :D:):D The macaroni & cheese is not like you think it would be though.it's a cheese slice melting over macaroni. I have ordered grilled cheese sandwiches, and those were okay.

Edited by Coralc

Wow. Regular Bar prices for the kids drinks? Just seems a little odd.

Those are frozen drinks, thats why they are at bar prices. Frozen "virgin" drinks are always priced pretty high, thats why I hate when my kids order them LOL! When we cruise, my kids are allowed one per day!

Does anyone know when Voyager of the Seas will changeover to the new menu? I'll be cruising in November 2013. Not that it matters to me because I've not cruised before so new or old menu doesn't really matter to me.....but was just wondering.

Edited by Sydney32203

Does anyone know when Voyager of the Seas will changeover to the new menu? I'll be cruising in November 2013. Not that it matters to me because I've not cruised before so new or old menu doesn't really matter to me.....but was just wondering.

You can find that in post 416...oops looks like TBA

Edited by truffles2

• 4 weeks later...

I thank all of you for posting such great reports and the new menus. Our children and grandchildren will be celebrating our 50th on Freedom and we are SO looking forward to our sailing.

Your information about Freedom is most helpful. Keep it coming!!!

Happy New Year!

Susan:D

Thanks to the OP and the person who created the spreadsheet (page 2 or 3?)

I'm planning my days out on whether or not we are eating in MDR (MTD, pre-paid gratuities) and making reservations on the pre-cruise planner. Also deciding when to go to Chops, when to leave the kids (19 yo daughter with 2 younger boys) in the Windjammer or Sorrentos. The pre-cruise planner is great (when it works) because I have 5 of our MTD nights lined up already.

Also just a comment on those who are afraid you won't like the food. 1) Order something else if you don't like it. They are very accommodating. 2) Order a few to share at the table to just get a taste and experiment. Then you can order more if you like it! 3) You don't HAVE to eat there every night. 4) Save room for dessert. Just get the salad and dessert if you don't like the main course. Then go get a sandwich or pizza later :) You WON'T starve on board!

I feel that most people feel they need 5 star dining every night to justify the cost of the cruise. We personally just love the flexibility of it all (why we pick MTD.) Our first night on Freedom I just ate Miso Soup in Jade because I had a little sea-sickness and we were tired from the traveling to get to the ship. Yes, I "missed out" on something (escargot, sea bass whatever!) but the idea is not to do everything - it's to do what YOU want to do! /soapbox

Edited by murfturf
missed word

Anyone have a copy of the room service menu? Wondering if that changed as well???

Interested in all of it but especially if they still have the chili and chorizo dip! It is one of my favorites!

The room service menu hasn't changed so the dip is still there.