New menu

Clamett

• 2 weeks later...
We'll be on a 12 day cruise. Does anyone know if they just repeat the menus described or do they have some additional menus (that have not been posted)? Also, does it make any difference if it is an European cruise (RT London)?

We had English breakfast foods out of Southampton... eg. baked beans, baked tomatos, various sausage (bangers!), triangle hashbrowns, it was definitely an English breakfast feel at part of the buffet.

We had English breakfast foods out of Southampton... eg. baked beans, baked tomatos, various sausage (bangers!), triangle hashbrowns, it was definitely an English breakfast feel at part of the buffet.

you can also ask for English bacon or sausage if in MDR for breakfast.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Ok, I know this is off-topic, but maybe someone from across the pond can enlighten me. How did baked beans become a breakfast food? When did that tradition begin? Was it a war thing? As a life-long (US) southerner, I'm used to baked beans being served along with barbeque, but never at breakfast time!

No offense or disrespect intended -- just curious!

They even had the hockey puck things for breakfast on Indy after she came back to the US.;)

Bob, I think you are referring to the blood pudding. They had it every morning on the TA. They must be still serving it to use up what's left over. Lol

The food in the WJ was very British on the TA.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Bob, I think you are referring to the blood pudding. They had it every morning on the TA. They must be still serving it to use up what's left over. Lol

The food in the WJ was very British on the TA.

Yes, now that you mention it, I do remember someone mentioning blood pudding. I'm afraid to ask what it is made of.:eek:

Yes, now that you mention it, I do remember someone mentioning blood pudding. I'm afraid to ask what it is made of.:eek:

Unfortunately the name is somewhat accurate. It's a sausage made with animal blood (and other ingredients).

I grew up where the food in our household was very English and Irish. I watched my dad eat that stuff every weekend. Yuck.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Unfortunately the name is somewhat accurate. It's a sausage made with animal blood (and other ingredients).

I grew up where the food in our household was very English and Irish. I watched my dad eat that stuff every weekend. Yuck.

Thanks, must be one of those things for which you must acquire the taste.;)

Thanks, must be one of those things for which you must acquire the taste.;)

I must say that it is an acquaired taste. My mother was British, and taught me the tastes of England. Today, while travelling in the UK, I prefer a Full English, Full Scottish, or Full Irish breakfast to any other. They all include baked beans, and bacon......not fat back, as we know bacon to be. Bangers are great, but blood pudding I can take or leave.

On our last TA......well, Cunard does not call travelling on the QM2 a TA......it's just a "crossing." We did this last May, from Southampton to New York.

We enjoyed all of the British fare, breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Looking forward to seeing what the Liberty shows us in a couple of weeks, food wise!;)

Rick

Edited by rubrrick