Just Found Out There is a Large Group on 1/19/13 Eurodam

blueboro

The problem is finding out how many people there are in a group since HAL refuses to tell your TA or yourself. My TA tried to find out and was told that it is privileged information. I know that you have said that you love the Maasdam and I was looking forward to the ship and the great itinerary. Since I cruise by myself, there are only certain times when HAL offers half decent prices for solos. I have to decide whether to go or not by the middle of October when final payment is due.

I liked the idea someone posted above about calling the group yourself and showing interest in trying to book. One of the logical questions a potential interested person would ask is how many cabins/how many people in your group?

If you have found the group on the internet, there must be a contact telephone or e-mail address.

I liked the idea someone posted above about calling the group yourself and showing interest in trying to book. One of the logical questions a potential interested person would ask is how many cabins/how many people in your group?

If you have found the group on the internet, there must be a contact telephone or e-mail address.

I will do that and see what they say. So far the roll call is almost non-existent. BTW, do you know if the Maasdam offers Le Cirque dinners?

I just found some posts from December 2011 and apparently this same Gospel Music Celebration group had over half of the ship booked on the Oosterdam. If that is the case it will obviously affect the availability of many venues.

I was one of the cruisers on the cruise to Mexico that was concerned about the gospel music group last year. I can happily report that they proved to be no obstacle whatsoever. I found the folks from the group were very pleasant. It was a great cruise. :D

I had great fears about the impact on the Oosterdam cruise, and I can tell you that there were none in my individual experience. :D

I was one of the cruisers on the cruise to Mexico that was concerned about the gospel music group last year. I can happily report that they proved to be no obstacle whatsoever. I found the folks from the group were very pleasant. It was a great cruise. :D

I had great fears about the impact on the Oosterdam cruise, and I can tell you that there were none in my individual experience. :D

That is good to hear. Did they have shows each evening in the main showroom and have other areas closed off during the day? Just curious if it limited your usage of public areas at any time?

That is good to hear. Did they have shows each evening in the main showroom and have other areas closed off during the day? Just curious if it limited your usage of public areas at any time?

Their shows were held before dinner and afternoons on sea days as I recall. I believe they had the bulk of the Main fixed sitting, although we had a 2 top for that seating also.

They did have their setup and information desks in the Hudson Rooms, but those are used for conventions or groups on every cruise and are designed for that. I noticed no impact in the Crows Nest or other venues.

I would not hesitate to travel again with the group. :D

Their shows were held before dinner and afternoons on sea days as I recall. I believe they had the bulk of the Main fixed sitting, although we had a 2 top for that seating also.

They did have their setup and information desks in the Hudson Rooms, but those are used for conventions or groups on every cruise and are designed for that. I noticed no impact in the Crows Nest or other venues.

Thanks...I feel a little better.

That's good to hear except for the part about them reserving most of Main Traditional Dining. We would be upset to not have that as our promised benefit. We are supposed to be guaranteed our dining time of choice and, to date, always have been.

Uggg, 1,000 people in a group has got to cause issues. May be cancelling.

i can't imagine that it would not have an impact, but someone else said it did not on their cruise. still, i would cancel. it has bound to change the feel of the cruise.

Just repeating what the saleslady said. She might not be the best source of information. Might be fewer, might be more. Still, the gospel "special full-length evening concerts" will definitely impact the cruise.

Be glad you found out now. I did not find a roll call for this sailing.

If there is 1000 people on the ship in a group you will run into restrictions all over and at all times. Simple as lunch in the lido, large numbers from the group will come together and sit together. It would make me feel like a second class citizen. I would change my date.

I am looking forward to meeting all the people in the group booked on our Westerdam cruise December 2, 2012!!

There is a Cake Cruise booked for our cruise, and unlike most groups, we are able to pay a participation fee and have fun right alongside of their members:D

Heck, we even have some of their members who are long time CC members on our Roll Call.

I will definitely be looking forward to any and all creations this group does and wherever they display the creations are sure to be a hit with the rest of us lucky enough to be on this cruise.

After all, how often do you get to have your cake and eat it to?? (Sorry, could not help that one):o

Joanie

Do you recall how large the group was? It appears it will be half of the passengers on Eurodam which I think would have to have an impact.

Uggg, 1,000 people in a group has got to cause issues. May be cancelling.

The Group will rule. Whatever, wherever they wish to be and what they wish to do is primary and all others become secondary. Those large groups bring in big money.

They may take over a lounge, a full dining seating, show lounge, Crows Nest, pool.......... almost anything they want.

A number of years ago there was a large group (about half the passengers) on our cruise. Your could tell them by the name badges they had to wear all the time to get into their events.

Potential disadvantages:

They did use the showroom all day when at sea for their speakers, but that was no problem for the rest of us because except for Bingo the space is seldom used during the day.

They did use the whole center part of the Lido (pool area) for a couple of cocktail parties but there was a way to get between the two ends along the side of the area (a nuisance) .

They reserved all the larger tables in the dinning room both seatings. We had to be happy with a smaller table but met great folks at our table. (This was when all MDR areas were fixed times.)

A HUGE plus - all but the showroom was virtually empty all day at sea! It was like sailing on an half empty ship and all the normal activities were held for the rest of us. I do not remember what they did about Bingo though.

Do you recall how large the group was? It appears it will be half of the passengers on Eurodam which I think would have to have an impact.

I believe there were 500 or less in the group on our cruise. We were concerned that there was 1/2 the ship but it turned out to not be true.

If half of the ship is their people, that is major. For those who want to see how all involved this group is into the ship post number two has a link to their website and brouchures. Here is a little from that site that shows they will have full evening concerts and stuff going on all day.

Many of the best artists in Gospel Music will be joining us on the cruise. Legacy Five, the Collingsworth Family, the Booth Brothers, Greater Vision, Charlotte Ritchie, Triumphant Quartet, Tim Lovelace, The Crist Family and Jim & Melissa Brady will all be there. We will have special full-length evening concerts with each of these spectacular artists, giving you plenty of time to enjoy all of your favorite songs. Our morning experiences will be filled with soul stirring worship and encouraging devotions, giving you the opportunity to get to know the hearts behind the music.

The fun and music does not end with the concerts and chapel times. There will also be special daytime showcases that will keep you entertained. From the “Church Hymn Sing” with Gerald Wolfe, to “Jubilee” program with the Booth Brothers, Legacy Five and Greater Vision. Then there will also be the “Songs from the Pen of Triumphant Quartet” to the “Piano Spectacular” hosted by Kim Collingsworth, and “Love Songs” from Jim and Melissa Brady; there is something for everyone. There will be game shows involving your favorite artists, gospel music karaoke featuring fellow passengers and times of comedy with Tim Lovelace. All of which lead up to a finale that will leave you standing, singing, rejoicing and applauding! These will truly be moments to remember. We have a special seat and a stateroom reserved just for you. All aboard!

Archived