Bringing Wine on Board?

BayCalif-Ariz R Us

and put 2 bota boxes and one white zif big box in it.

We carried on two smaller bottles and two larger bottles.

No issues....

There were 8 of us, but no issues with the carry on going to one cabin out of Brooklyn.

Bernadette

Did you roll your carry on aboard or send with checked luggage? I assume if you rolled it, they could see the boxes in the xray machine? Do you like Bota Box white wine? I've only found Black Box to be tasty, but haven't tried Bota.

Did you roll your carry on aboard or send with checked luggage? I assume if you rolled it, they could see the boxes in the xray machine?

At initial embarkation, the x-ray machines are not manned by Princess personnel. They are manned by port or government personnel.

At initial embarkation, the x-ray machines are not manned by Princess personnel. They are manned by port or government personnel.

I know that the port people don't care what's in the carry on, outside of weapons, but the scanners that are on the ship as you enter are the ones I'm questioning. :)

I know that the port people don't care what's in the carry on, outside of weapons, but the scanners that are on the ship as you enter are the ones I'm questioning. :)

I assumed the poster was referring to initial embarkation at Brooklyn, not at a port during the cruise. Once you go through port scanning there, you get embark without Princess using their own scanners.

Even the ships scanners that are used in various ports are not looking for liquor, only weapons & such. The liquor table they set up after the scanner tables will accept liquor & wines IF you care to check them but they never ask "whats in the bag".

Even the ships scanners that are used in various ports are not looking for liquor, only weapons & such. The liquor table they set up after the scanner tables will accept liquor & wines IF you care to check them but they never ask "whats in the bag".

I see them take away hard liquor all the time

If its in a backpack they may not notice it

I see them take away hard liquor all the time

If its in a backpack they may not notice it

Of course they'll "accept" it if you place your bag or box of liquor on the table and most people obediently give up their purchases for safe storage but if it's in a beach bag they'll never ask you to look in the bag. It's more of an intimidation factor then an all out liquor search.

On every cruise,I bring a dozen beer in my backpack with a few dirty clothes from travelling the day or two before and never a word has been said.:eek:It is 10 or 12 dollars compared to 50 or 60 on the ship.I still spend at least another $500.00 on drinks on a 10 day cruise unless I am neer a store on one of the islands.

• 5 weeks later...
Just back on line after our Ruby cruise, carried on, which went thru the x-ray machine, 12 bottles of wine, 12 pack of beer, 6 pack of soda with no question's asked. We saw cases of water being given to the porters with the luggage.

All for just one week? :eek: I just bought a box of pinot grigio today to take on our Ruby cruise December 30th. One box = 4 bottles. More than enough for one week. :D

All for just one week? :eek: I just bought a box of pinot grigio today to take on our Ruby cruise December 30th. One box = 4 bottles. More than enough for one week. :D

There were 4 of us :D

And still had a 'nice' tab at the end of the week :)

Just back on line after our Ruby cruise, carried on, which went thru the x-ray machine, 12 bottles of wine, 12 pack of beer, 6 pack of soda with no question's asked. We saw cases of water being given to the porters with the luggage.

Can I ask how you managed to carry all that?? That's a lot of heavy stuff! Did you put the box of wine in a bag or something?

Have been reading on other lines threads that Princess was more upscale.:p

This sounds more like Carnival or NCL; How do I smuggle???

Personally I can't carry nearly as much weight as I used to, so it's "Pay the price or cut back and only drink from lunch to 8PM. :(

Never get old!:rolleyes:

Thanks for the update on the implementation of the new policy....great news.:)

On every cruise,I bring a dozen beer in my backpack with a few dirty clothes from travelling the day or two before and never a word has been said.:eek:It is 10 or 12 dollars compared to 50 or 60 on the ship.I still spend at least another $500.00 on drinks on a 10 day cruise unless I am neer a store on one of the islands.

Another $500 drinks on a 10 day cruise!:eek::eek:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

Have been reading on other lines threads that Princess was more upscale.:p

This sounds more like Carnival or NCL; How do I smuggle???

Personally I can't carry nearly as much weight as I used to, so it's "Pay the price or cut back and only drink from lunch to 8PM. :(

Never get old!:rolleyes:

On the contrary, on Princess you never have had to smuggle. You just carry on your wine, water and soda. Beer is iffy; liquor is frowned upon. Perhaps new rules will be enforced; perhaps not. We will just wait and see.

Just got off the Emerald this morning - no problem bringing extra to start the cruise. In several ports they had table set up to collect bottles being brought on but in Grenada we bought a wine bottle size bottle of Vanilla which was wrapped and not looked at.

Archived