Bringing Wine on Board?

BayCalif-Ariz R Us

Now that's just funny, I don't care who you are!

Putting rum in a water bottle is not a sneaky way to get past the rules???

Haha on our last cruise round the Med we watched passengers in a local bar in Mykonos pouring vodka into water bottles, this was 3 seperate lots of people, they had bought the vodka from the shop next to the bar

Is this the new passenger contract, if so when was it added, because its not the same as the one i agreed to in my cruise personalizer.

Passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind on board for consumption except one bottle of wine or champagne per person of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage only in his/her carry-on luggage. A corkage fee of $15.00 U.S.D. per bottle (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to wine and champagne brought aboard by You and consumed in the ship’s public areas. Any wine(s) or champagne(s) supplied by the Carrier to You as a gift are not subject to a corkage fee. At embarkation, all luggage will be scanned for suspected alcohol in excess of the one bottle policy as provided herein. Your luggage will undergo a secondary inspection by a security team operating under CCTV (closed circuit surveillance) or in the event Your luggage is locked, You will be notified and are required to attend the secondary inspection where any alcohol found in violation of the one bottle policy will be removed and discarded. Carrier shall not be responsible for any loss, cost, disappointment or damage of any kind as a result of any alcoholic beverages removed in violation of the one bottle policy. You agree to surrender alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship’s gift shop, or at ports of call, to Carrier, which will be delivered to Your stateroom on the last night of the voyage.

It appears to be the last one revised in Sept 2012. See last page on bottom right hand side. It says Rev. 09/12.

The last I read this morning about losing Internet service for Elite/Platinum was confirmation that they were considering elimination it.

"Told myself I wasn't going to get involved in this one, but here I am! Spoke with Princess rep 10 minutes ago, asking her if she could validate or refute this rumor. She said "Oh yes, I am well aware of this one and we are all upset because we didn't think it was true..." She proceeded to read from a bulletin they had received from headquarters regarding the change effective 2013. And YES, it is true! .(according to this bulletin she said she had)I asked if there was someone who would listen to those of us who are upset about the negative impact it will have on us. She said yes, and gave me this: Customer Relations, FAX# 661-284-4747; include your Captain's Circle # and how the loss of that specific amenity will impact future cruiseline choices for you(ie: if itineraries, etc were same, you would seriously consider another line for price, value over Princess?.if that is the case). Anyway, it hasn't happened yet, so maybe our numbers will have a little bit of impact before it does? Being the only cruiseline offering that amenity, it had alot of sway in decision-making. Thanx for listening to one more..."

I mentioned in August in a post that this was coming and was accused of "wanting attention". So........... here it is again from someone else. Wouldn't hurt to send a FAX to Princess.

It seems a better wine policy would be to allow 2 bottles corkage fee, then automatically charge corkage upon embarkation for additional bottles. That way those who prefer wines Princess doesn't sell could still have the wine they enjoy & Princess would still be making money on their wine consumption. If they have decided to enforce the policy, it's not really surprising. When I started reading recommendations on here for people to pour wine in their cabin & carry it to dining venues, I knew it wouldn't be long. People have also bragged about carrying on beer & liquor at will. Sometimes, it's better to keep things to ourselves, than post about them in a public forum. ;)

It seems a better wine policy would be to allow 2 bottles corkage fee, then automatically charge corkage upon embarkation for additional bottles. That way those who prefer wines Princess doesn't sell could still have the wine they enjoy & Princess would still be making money on their wine consumption. If they have decided to enforce the policy, it's not really surprising. When I started reading recommendations on here for people to pour wine in their cabin & carry it to dining venues, I knew it wouldn't be long. People have also bragged about carrying on beer & liquor at will. Sometimes, it's better to keep things to ourselves, than post about them in a public forum. ;)

How true

I understand princess reads the threads

Pia just posted her Live From thread.... 5 bottles of wine. No confiscation, no naughty room, no discussion of the new contract, nada. Life continues as before.

Now let's see what happens at FLL next Sunday!! Will report in after we board. :D:D

Now let's see what happens at FLL next Sunday!! Will report in after we board. :D:D

If a change is going to happen, I expect it to happen in 75 plus days. People are being notified around final payment now (via cruise contract) for cruises 75 days from now. I think you will be fine next week.

If a change is going to happen, I expect it to happen in 75 plus days. People are being notified around final payment now (via cruise contract) for cruises 75 days from now. I think you will be fine next week.

Thanks Coral!!! I agree with you!!

I agree that if they are planning to make any changes it might not be until the end of the year. Although they can probably make the new terms applicable to those that accepted the old Passage Contract, by then almost everyone will have officially accepted the terms of the new Passage Contract. You will not be able to point to the old terms and say you can bring more than one bottle per person. I hope Princess doesn't start enforcing the new terms, but they will be there in writing.

We are paid in full for our November cruise. We "Accepted" our Passanger Contract last December. Now they have changed the wording. Do we have to accept the new contract or does Princess have to honor the one from last December?

What ship are you getting onto on Sunday? We will be getting on the Coral to Panama Canal. I was planning on maybe 6 bottles between us. Not sure what to do now. Maybe I'll plan a "unique" wine. Then I can just take it home...if I have trouble.

Kathy

I'm wondering the same thing. We are still before final payment, but we accepted the contract when we put the deposit down...........it says this on the personalizer, but is listed just as accepted for passenger contract. I hope they will honor or somehow send a notation that we can bring wine onboard with the contract that existed when we accepted it. Hmmmmm I hope the answers will lead to: :confused::):D

We are paid in full for our November cruise. We "Accepted" our Passanger Contract last December. Now they have changed the wording. Do we have to accept the new contract or does Princess have to honor the one from last December?

All I know is that my credit card changes/updates the contracts constantly and if I don't accept them (which I would do by canceling the credit card) then I by default accept them. I think all they would need to do is push a new contract out by final payment.

My theory is that they are pushing the new contracts out now and next year will start enforcing them. Again, my theory only.

I sent an email to Princess over the weekend and received a call at home today (which was answered by my answering machine). She basically said that yes, Princess updated the contract and it is up to the individual ship to decide if they enforce the contract and confiscate the alcohol.

Unfortuantely my answering machine didn't ask any specific questions back.

What ship are you getting onto on Sunday? We will be getting on the Coral to Panama Canal. I was planning on maybe 6 bottles between us. Not sure what to do now. Maybe I'll plan a "unique" wine. Then I can just take it home...if I have trouble.

Kathy

I am on the same cruise!!!! We will be bringing our case. Fingers crossed for both of us!

I am on the same cruise!!!! We will be bringing our case. Fingers crossed for both of us!

Question:

I've seen a number of posts where folks say they just put a luggage tag on a case of wine and it is delivered to their room. Are these actual wine cases - clearly marked by the winery - or are people using alternate packaging (a different box, wrapping the box in paper, etc.)?

My son is considering taking a case to share with my wife on our upcoming cruise in November and had figured on just using the case box from a winery (although it would be a mixed case).

We had the party suite for DH's reunion cruise and brought a case onboard that was clearly marked as a case of wine. They advised us not to check it, but instead assisted us in hand carrying it to our suite. That was our first cruise and we were so impressed with the service that we just kept coming back to Princess and are are now over 26 cruises with them.

One ridiculous wine confiscation routine with NCL was enough to cure us--we have never been back.

Which line do you suspect has made the most money off us? ;)

I will be flying into LAX from Uk so will (naturally) buy vodka on the plane as duty free. Do I take it that I am not allowed to take it onto the ship? It will probably be in a plastic bottle. Can I take it on in my handbag? I don't want to feel naughty, haha!! We won't bring wine as it will make our cases too heavy.

I will be flying into LAX from Uk so will (naturally) buy vodka on the plane as duty free. Do I take it that I am not allowed to take it onto the ship? It will probably be in a plastic bottle. Can I take it on in my handbag? I don't want to feel naughty, haha!! We won't bring wine as it will make our cases too heavy.

Officially they don't want you to but up until this point in time people have been getting away with just packing it either in their checked bags or carry on. Who knows what they'll do in the future. We might have to resort to a more discrete way of smuggling in order to get it past the check-in and there are various ways. ;)

Archived