Cruise Critic 2013 Group Cruise

Andy

While I know that most folk can only take off 7 days from work, a 10-11 day would really make for exciting times and would almost ensure that we'd all be able to meet nearly everyone!

I like the idea of a Costa Rica/Belize/Honduras stop. Also, we did a partial through the Panama Canel a LONG time ago that I would like to do again, but the big ships just can't get in there anymore.

We're a newbie to Celebrity - our first cruise with you will be on the Reflection. I am excited about that!

We like a 7 or 10 night cruise in between Thanksgiving and Christmas 2013 when the prices seem to be a little lower, unless of course Cruise Critic or Host Andy is paying, then we're available anytime;)!!!

I think this is a great idea......trying to set it up for early 2013 is just too short a notice for many people and between Thanksgiving and Christmas is a great time in the Caribbean

With 4 kids and 9 grandchildren, we could never leave during or just before Christmas without taking the whole bunch with us. Though I have treated the whole family to a cruise before, that was back when we numbered 11 but now at 18+ I am too poor! :eek:

With 4 kids and 9 grandchildren, we could never leave during or just before Christmas without taking the whole bunch with us. Though I have treated the whole family to a cruise before, that was back when we numbered 11 but now at 18+ I am too poor! :eek:

What about the first week of December? We have cruised several times during this period. I bake and decorate for Christmas before I leave, then have a lovely relaxing cruise and return home rested and ready to get into the full swing of the holiday season.

We cruise the Caribbean at that time because we've found great cruise fares, decent airline fares, and it's pretty rainy in Vancouver in early December ;).

Oh...and we always stay an extra day or two to fit in some great Christmas shopping at Sawgrass Mills :D.

be

Hi Lois,

At this point, all date ideas are tentative, but I'm thinking about listing 4-5 sailing dates in a Poll - strictly as a Guide, and see where there is interest. I plan to be very flexible. At this moment, Im thinking Jan 2013, OR, either November or early December 2013.

Sorry to say, but the March 4th Equnox sailing is one of the very few dates that will not work, as we plan to sail on Azamara Quest on March 2nd. I'd gladly consider changing the date, but Azamara has few Caribbean options in 2013.

While I believe that most members will prefer a 7 night sailng on Reflection or Silhouette, I'm very curious if our Members have an interest in a 10 or 11 night sailing on Equinox ? Please feel free to share your thoughts.

It will be (of course) whatever you set up.....since you are THE MAN;):D

If it is in January? I doubt I would be able to go because my birthday

cruise is in March. But if it is late 2013? That would work for me:)

As for days....7 or 10 would be good.....would depend of the dates

of course (looks like I am not the only one who works:p).

The only time I cannot sail? The end of a month.......:rolleyes:

Hi Andy

I thought a Caribbean Itinerary out of Florida was a good idea. Something pre Christmas 2013. many can drive and Universities and colleges are out, prices are low, and we would be back in time for the holidays.

What about the first week of December? We have cruised several times during this period. I bake and decorate for Christmas before I leave, then have a lovely relaxing cruise and return home rested and ready to get into the full swing of the holiday season.

We cruise the Caribbean at that time because we've found great cruise fares, decent airline fares, and it's pretty rainy in Vancouver in early December ;).

Oh...and we always stay an extra day or two to fit in some great Christmas shopping at Sawgrass Mills :D.

We prefer cruising in October thru early December, and once we came home from a cruise only 3 days before Christmas. But, that late one was hard on me because I returned home just in time to cook and prepare for my annual Christmas Eve family gathering. I vowed never again. :D

We prefer cruising in October thru early December, and once we came home from a cruise only 3 days before Christmas. But, that late one was hard on me because I returned home just in time to cook and prepare for my annual Christmas Eve family gathering. I vowed never again. :D

I know what you mean, but anyone involved with school can't go mid semester.

I know what you mean, but anyone involved with school can't go mid semester.

I guess that is why there are so many cruises and cruise lines...something for everyone! If the majority pick a cruise we can't make, we will be sad but certainly not upset! It's all good. :)

I guess that is why there are so many cruises and cruise lines...something for everyone! If the majority pick a cruise we can't make, we will be sad but certainly not upset! It's all good. :)

Yep, let's see what Andy comes up with first:):D:)

Hi Andy

I thought a Caribbean Itinerary out of Florida was a good idea. Something pre Christmas 2013. many can drive and Universities and colleges are out, prices are low, and we would be back in time for the holidays.

I found a cruise on on line (RCI) that leaves Dec. 19th-thinking my daughter could make that for us to do with her-but she says since that is a Thursday-more than likely her last day of work will be Dec. 20th. This year it is Dec. 21st and most of the teachers are not happy-so we are going to try and doing something Thanksgiving week with her. Now I am talking about school teachers-not university teachers.

But, as others said, nothing will work for everyone-maybe that is why CC will sponsor several cruises on different lines every year.

Hi Everyone,

I've completed a list of 6 potential dates. The list will be posted as a Poll, on a separate thread. I kindly request that we continue to the discussion on this thread, to avoid any confusion for our members.

The list will be posted shortly. Thank you !

I also like to take longer cruises, but some people can't either due to cost or time constraints. We could always desiginate a seven (7) day cruise as a group cruise and then those who wish could add the week before or after to give a longer time at sea. Just a thought.

The following prices are today's listing on the Celebrity website:

CCcruiseprice.png

Very helpful. The problem with the November 16th Reflection is that it conflicts with the TAs that many members have booked. Just check the names on the November 17th SIL Roll Call.

The following prices are today's listing on the Celebrity website:

CCcruiseprice.png

Hi Arno:)...I thought CC cruises have different prices:confused:....but anyway,

Reflection Nov 16th is what I picked:D

Very helpful. The problem with the November 16th Reflection is that it conflicts with the TAs that many members have booked. Just check the names on the November 17th SIL Roll Call.

Hi,:) well not all of us are going on that TA:eek:....actually that Reflection

cruise was my first choice.

I also like to take longer cruises, but some people can't either due to cost or time constraints. We could always desiginate a seven (7) day cruise as a group cruise and then those who wish could add the week before or after to give a longer time at sea. Just a thought.

Hi Orator,

We think alike ! That's one of the many reasons why I opted to list 2 groups of dates that could be potentially be booked as a B2B. I spent much of the day researching so many options, that I can barely see my screen LOL. I hope that our Community is pleased with the choices.

We'll wait a few days for the poll to take shape, and move forward from there.

Hi Arno:)...I thought CC cruises have different prices:confused:....but anyway,

Reflection Nov 16th is what I picked:D

Hi Lois,

You are correct, but I'm glad that Arno posted the current pricing. As always, prices are subject to change, but it's a worthy reference point.

Wonderful idea. Anytime is great for us retired folks except 10/1- 10/27/13 when we are planning an Ialian Lakes land tour followed by the Royal Pricess Trans-Atlantic. As I recall you had interest in that also. Love Celebrity but we were on the original Royal twice many years ago and Princess comes a close second.

Archived