Rhapsody of the Seas: Jr Suite or Balcony

I am trying to determine if it is worth an extra $600 to book a Jr Suite instead of a stateroom with a balcony. We are going to cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver BC next May, and do not readily see the benefits on this ship of the suite? It has a bathtub? Sq footage better? What am I missing? Appreciate responses from more seasoned cruisers!

I am trying to determine if it is worth an extra $600 to book a Jr Suite instead of a stateroom with a balcony. We are going to cruise from Hawaii to Vancouver BC next May, and do not readily see the benefits on this ship of the suite? It has a bathtub? Sq footage better? What am I missing? Appreciate responses from more seasoned cruisers!

Junior suite MUCH larger - closet easily doubles as changing room if you have need of it - bathtub is nice - for more than two people - definitely worth it - for just two... maybe not

Rhapsody has just been upgraded and we enjoyed a JS on our recent Alaska cruise. The sq footage is larger than a regular balcony cabin and for a longer cruise would be nice. Cabin is wider and there's a couch and two chairs. Closet space is OK......but no walk-in closet like the JS on the newer ships. We've also cruised on Rhapsody in an aft D1 cabin. The balconies are larger and IMHO, the views are amazing. You'll get double cruise points with RCI for a JS but no additional onboard perks so you'll have to decide if the larger interior space is worth the extra $$$. Good Luck and enjoy your cruise!

I would normally take the JS over the balcony for the extra square footage in the cabin. With five straight sea days, $600 is well worth the extra space. If, however, the choice were between a JS on the side and a balcony on the stern, I would take the balcony cabin for the extra large balcony and amazing views. The best would be a JS on the stern. Oh, we have one! :-D

And please join our Roll Call!:)

:cool:Worth it. Double points, larger space, more storage. AND--If you book early, wraparound balcony in Aft. Had rear aft, port side to Alaska. Had 2 full size loungers, 2 chairs and table. Worth every penny:cool:JACK I$ $AILING AGAIN

We sailed on Rhapsody out of Sydney last November in an aft JS. We had four sea days and were so happy that we had not only the extra space in the cabin but also the larger balcony with two loungers. We really enjoyed being able to have our quiet area to chill and get in some reading. One of the days at sea it was very windy and we were able to enjoy the sun from our balcony without being affected by the wind.

Not sure if your price quote is for both or per person. If the former I would say definitely, and if it is the latter...I would probably say the same. :-)

Enjoy!(.

Thanks for all the advice. I ended up on the starboard side, with an aft "wrap around" balcony. Cabin 7652 right on the corner. Should be awesome! All the aft JS were gone. But this should be great, and give us much more room overall in our living space. Thanks again for the posts!

You'll love the extra space especially on the sea days where you are apt to spend a little more time in your cabin. The bath tub is nice and makes the bathroom bigger too. Being that the cabin is wider than the D cabins the balcony is also bigger. The closet is not a walk in but is bigger.

Since the cruise is in May, your final won't be due until February, watch your rates! If it goes down you can get the new lower rate, if it goes up, you will feel good that you are locked into the rate you booked!! :)

Thanks for all the advice. I ended up on the starboard side, with an aft "wrap around" balcony. Cabin 7652 right on the corner. Should be awesome! All the aft JS were gone. But this should be great, and give us much more room overall in our living space. Thanks again for the posts!

Congratulations.....you'll love 7652....and I think it has a bigger balcony than the JS above it on deck 8. That was our cabin last year to Alaska. Lot's of outdoor space for those relaxing sea days. Enjoy!!! :)

Rhapsody7652.jpg

Rhapsody7652cabin2.jpg

Rhapsody7652-1.jpg

thanks for the links to the balcony pics! I also found them yesterday when researching this cabin. Now I guess I should start researching the cruise and ports. We have been to a few of the islands on land based vacations. How does the stayover in Honolulu work...it seems that you just kind of use the ship for a hotel on that first day? It looks like the ship does not leave port on the 12th until 10PM? Does anyone know what time of day passengers must be back on board? We do want to see some sights on Oahu so am wondering if we can get them all in during "ship time in port" or if we need to get in a day early and book a hotel?

Where will you be coming from? Personally, I think arriving a day prior will be the best option. And, depending on how much of a time change there will be for you, your energy levels after the trip TO Hawaii can really run low....a day prior will allow your body to begin adjusting to the new time!!!

Archived