A question about the shareholder benefit

janacin

That's true about selling the stock prior to the cruise but I've ofen wondered about if a person was to sell the stock only a few days prior to the cruise. They'd really would have no way of knowing.

And that would be deceitful now wouldn't it?

I put in for mine months ago for my Nov and Dec b-t-b med/ta, and was told I had to wait till closer to final payment. I put it in again for both cruises on July 11th - still waiting. Wrote to them again yesterday, and to my Princess Personal Cruise Vacation Planner, because I am NOT happy. I told them I won't make final payment on Sept. 6th if OBCs are not posted by then.

I don't understand your reasoning, but I can definitely understand Princess' reason for wanting the OBC requests after final payment. They are reducing their workload and eliminating the confusion caused by those who cancel the booking before final payment is due.

You could end up being cancelled if you don't make the final payment on time.

I put in for mine months ago for my Nov and Dec b-t-b med/ta, and was told I had to wait till closer to final payment. I put it in again for both cruises on July 11th - still waiting. Wrote to them again yesterday, and to my Princess Personal Cruise Vacation Planner, because I am NOT happy. I told them I won't make final payment on Sept. 6th if OBCs are not posted by then.

We also submitted our request for the same November cruise as you back in April after booking a last minute cruise for May. We were told to reapply after final payment & we'll submit our request at that time.

We also submitted our request for the same November cruise as you back in April after booking a last minute cruise for May. We were told to reapply after final payment & we'll submit our request at that time.

Make that three of us-We booking the above cruises quite awhile ago. We have since taken a couple others and will go again at the end of September. CCL credit not applied until final payment made. No carryover from these present cruises.

Now the Military OBC has carried forward and we are able to see it on all cruises, almost from the moment we book.:)

I don't understand your reasoning, but I can definitely understand Princess' reason for wanting the OBC requests after final payment. They are reducing their workload and eliminating the confusion caused by those who cancel the booking before final payment is due.

You could end up being cancelled if you don't make the final payment on time.

Rest assured, I will make my final payment on time. But my 2nd qtr. brokerage account statement, which I sent them in July, is going to be the last one they could even get before we sail. The 3rd qtr one would probably not yet be released. So there's no reason to make me wait; and they never have done so before. We've used this benefit many times.

Make that three of us-We booking the above cruises quite awhile ago. We have since taken a couple others and will go again at the end of September. CCL credit not applied until final payment made. No carryover from these present cruises.

Now the Military OBC has carried forward and we are able to see it on all cruises, almost from the moment we book.:)

Once you submit the paperwork for the military benefit, it is always automatic and is reflected as a "permament" OBC on the left side of your My Princess page.

The Military OBC is recorded on your record so you don't have to reapply. Makes sense since if you qualify today, you will qualify next year.

The Shareholder is different. You may sell the stock at anytime, so you have to reapply

The Military OBC is recorded on your record so you don't have to reapply. Makes sense since if you qualify today, you will qualify next year.

The Shareholder is different. You may sell the stock at anytime, so you have to reapply

My point, exactly.

Companies like Carnival Corp. have no idea who owns their stock. Most is held in a "street name" by a broker. That is why we have to submit proof of ownership. So if you sell the stock after the getting a statement showing ownership, you can still get the OBC.

Has anyone noticed the change in the submission process? We used to be able to email the documentation in for the Shareholder Benefit now the options are USPS and fax - there is no email address listed.

The form I have that my TA forwarded me for Princess from this year still lists email for submitting.

Carnival Shareholder Benefit Request Form PC.pdf

Has anyone noticed the change in the submission process? We used to be able to email the documentation in for the Shareholder Benefit now the options are USPS and fax - there is no email address listed.

just emailed my request on July 31... and received a confirmation two weeks later.

email address is: shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

It is indeed deceitful - and it's why they now make people wait till final payment to get it.

Actually there's nothing that's written that says you can't sell you stock before sailing although I don't know why anyone would unless they needed the money. It only reads "This offer can only be applied to bookings under deposit."

Making people wait till after final payment just eliminates as lot of bookwork for people who cancel before final payment, nothing else.

I have always emailed too. I just looked at the info on the Carnival Corp site and it does not list email as an option for any of their lines.

That's what I saw as well. I have faxed the documents and followed that up with mailing them. I just might email them just in case. What I liked about the email system is that you could get some instant feedback that the information was received.

That's what I saw as well. I have faxed the documents and followed that up with mailing them. I just might email them just in case. What I liked about the email system is that you could get some instant feedback that the information was received.

That, plus I do not have a fax machine, so email is easier.

I applied 3 weeks ago for our sailing on 9 September. Can I assume they've done it or do I need confirmation from Carnival that they have applied it? Some guy on the last ship told me the Pursers office won't rectify it once you're on board if it hasn't been applied prior to sailing.

Bought the shares in February this year.

I applied 3 weeks ago for our sailing on 9 September. Can I assume they've done it or do I need confirmation from Carnival that they have applied it? Some guy on the last ship told me the Pursers office won't rectify it once you're on board if it hasn't been applied prior to sailing.

Get confirmation (from your TA if that is how you booked) or from Princess. Do not assume it is there without confirmation.

And bring a printout of that confirmation with you on the cruise.

You send the application for the OBC to the line you have booked with. You mention Carnival in your post. Are you booked with them or Princess?

Hi there

I don't suppose anyone knows if we need to purchase US shares or can we buy in UK. I am starting to cruise more and with the military benefit the addition of shareholder benefit would be helpful. Thanks

JackieO.

Hi there

I don't suppose anyone knows if we need to purchase US shares or can we buy in UK. I am starting to cruise more and with the military benefit the addition of shareholder benefit would be helpful. Thanks

JackieO.

You can buy either the US shares or the UK shares.

Archived