A question about the shareholder benefit

janacin

Is the shareholder benefit given for just one cruise or will it apply to all cruises a shareholder would take as long as he holds at least 100 shares of CCL stock?

Is the shareholder credit added to other on board credits a passenger might have from FCC's or promotional credits?

The rules say that the shareholder benefit may not be used for gratuities. If the gratuities are billed on your folio along with, lets say your shore excursions and purchases, how do they determine what to disallow?

Thanking in advance for answers.

Is the shareholder benefit given for just one cruise or will it apply to all cruises a shareholder would take as long as he holds at least 100 shares of CCL stock?

Is the shareholder credit added to other on board credits a passenger might have from FCC's or promotional credits?

The rules say that the shareholder benefit may not be used for gratuities. If the gratuities are billed on your folio along with, lets say your shore excursions and purchases, how do they determine what to disallow?

Thanking in advance for answers.

Shareholder benefits apply to all CCL cruise lines they own on each cruise. They are in addition to other OBC however it's limited to one per cabin even if both own the required shares. It's posted in your online account as a credit so it offsets any spending made to your account...a simple debit & credit system.

Shareholder benefits apply to all CCL cruise lines they own on each cruise. They are in addition to other OBC however it's limited to one per cabin even if both own the required shares. It's posted in your online account as a credit so it offsets any spending made to your account...a simple debit & credit system.
You submit your OBC request for each sailing and/or booking #. For instance, if you've booked a B2B as two separate cruises and have two different booking #'s, you can request OBC for each.

The OBC is combinable with any other OBC, at least on Princess. As Astro days, your folio is a simple credit/debit system. You start your cruise with a credit and tips, tours, purchases, etc. are deducted from the total credit. The only time an OBC with restrictions is an issue is if you do not spend all of your OBC by the time you disembark. Certainly possible as was the case after my 16-day Star cruise last March. I received a check for the unused OBC after I got home.

Certainly possible as was the case after my 16-day Star cruise last March. I received a check for the unused OBC after I got home.

wow that was great that they sent you a check... we have never had anything left over at the end of the voyage

however once they charged our laundry and didn't process the credit in time before the accounts closed so there was a credit of $22. When we tried to get off the ship there was a strange beep and security said you have to go to the Purser's desk. Oh no I thought what was wrong. Purser said, oh we owe you money and handed us $22. Nice since I hadn't even noticed it when I looked at the final bill in the morning.

You submit your OBC request for each sailing and/or booking #. For instance, if you've booked a B2B as two separate cruises and have two different booking #'s, you can request OBC for each.

The OBC is combinable with any other OBC, at least on Princess. As Astro days, your folio is a simple credit/debit system. You start your cruise with a credit and tips, tours, purchases, etc. are deducted from the total credit. The only time an OBC with restrictions is an issue is if you do not spend all of your OBC by the time you disembark. Certainly possible as was the case after my 16-day Star cruise last March. I received a check for the unused OBC after I got home.

Pam,

Have you heard altely how long it is taking to get the confirmation?

Marilee

Have you heard altely how long it is taking to get the confirmation?
I put in the request for OBC on my upcoming cruise about a month ago, specifically asking for a confirmation. Didn't get one and about ten days later, I asked my TA to check. It was there.

wow that was great that they sent you a check... we have never had anything left over at the end of the voyage

however once they charged our laundry and didn't process the credit in time before the accounts closed so there was a credit of $22. When we tried to get off the ship there was a strange beep and security said you have to go to the Purser's desk. Oh no I thought what was wrong. Purser said, oh we owe you money and handed us $22. Nice since I hadn't even noticed it when I looked at the final bill in the morning.

The system is set up such that if a passenger has a positive balance, then the exits alert the crew that the passenger must see the Purser. We had the same thing happen to us, as the balance is not automatically given to your credit card. At the very least the passenger must approve the credit transaction (getting the cash is faster).

Not all OBC's are considered refundable - it depends on how they are classified in the system. As others have said, I've never had a situation where I still had a credit without having a refundable OBC involved (a generous OBC from a move-over offer). However I am not sure it really matters with the simple debit/credit system in use. It could...

I was just told by my TA that I need to submit 30 days before the cruise. I'm pretty sure I've submitted a few months before my cruise last time. Was there a change? I guess I'll need to call Princess.

I was just told by my TA that I need to submit 30 days before the cruise. I'm pretty sure I've submitted a few months before my cruise last time. Was there a change? I guess I'll need to call Princess.

The only thing I have seen is a request to wait until after final payment. I would do it as close to then a possible to give time for reprocessing if there is an error.

The only thing I have seen is a request to wait until after final payment. I would do it as close to then a possible to give time for reprocessing if there is an error.

Just called Princess, the rep said 90 before before sailing date. And, since I've submitted one already, too soon, I'll have to resubmit again. What a pain. They don't keep the form or let you know that they're not holding on to it.

My TA passed that along after she'd checked on a credit for my last cruise, so that seems to be what they're telling TA's, even though the paperwork now says 90 days. Monday's 2 weeks after I sent in a request, and I haven't heard back yet, so I might try getting ahold of them to see where they are on processing things.

the shareholder website says two weeks, I have done it as late at three weeks prior (when I booked last minute) and it was processed and in my account on board. But normally as soon as i make final payment i send it in.

vickie

The deadline for submission is two weeks prior to the cruise.

We've had posts where people missed the deadline and didn't get the OBC's.

We've also had times where it has taken up to 6 weeks (really backed up then).

Best time to submit is as soon as you pay the final payment.

Just called Princess, the rep said 90 before before sailing date. And, since I've submitted one already, too soon, I'll have to resubmit again. What a pain. They don't keep the form or let you know that they're not holding on to it.

They don't keep it on record because you can always sell the stock. On the other hand, you only have to request Military discount once because that doesn't change.

They don't keep it on record because you can always sell the stock. On the other hand, you only have to request Military discount once because that doesn't change.

That's true about selling the stock prior to the cruise but I've ofen wondered about if a person was to sell the stock only a few days prior to the cruise. They'd really would have no way of knowing.

Has anyone noticed the change in the submission process? We used to be able to email the documentation in for the Shareholder Benefit now the options are USPS and fax - there is no email address listed.

Has anyone noticed the change in the submission process? We used to be able to email the documentation in for the Shareholder Benefit now the options are USPS and fax - there is no email address listed.

we have always emailed and did it this way as recently as July 28 You can email them at shareholderbenefit@princesscruises.com

vickie

I put in a request for 3 cruises about the first of July and got confirmation of all three about a week later.

I put in for mine months ago for my Nov and Dec b-t-b med/ta, and was told I had to wait till closer to final payment. I put it in again for both cruises on July 11th - still waiting. Wrote to them again yesterday, and to my Princess Personal Cruise Vacation Planner, because I am NOT happy. I told them I won't make final payment on Sept. 6th if OBCs are not posted by then.

Archived