Centrum - What Is This

I know this may be a dumb question, but centrum is the main body of the vertebrae. On the deck plans, I see the word centrum by the elevators. Could this be the lobby area where the elevators are? If not, what is it. :confused:It is not listed in the dictionary as anything else.

I know this may be a dumb question, but centrum is the main body of the vertebrae. On the deck plans, I see the word centrum by the elevators. Could this be the lobby area where the elevators are? If not, what is it. :confused:It is not listed in the dictionary as anything else.

The Navigator has the Royal Promenade.

Ships before Voyager class had the Centrum, which is just what it sounds like: The center of the ship, the focal point, the gathering place, where stuff happens.

:)

Ok, but isn't it kind of funny of have 2 of them on some decks? I can understand one. Or is it because the NOS is such a large ship?

On the Voyager/Freedom class ships, there is a forward and aft centrum near the elevator lobbies. These run from deck 3 up to deck 12.

Ok, but isn't it kind of funny of have 2 of them on some decks? I can understand one. Or is it because the NOS is such a large ship?

There is a centrum and forward centrum on ships with the Royal Promenade. At least on Voyager and Freedom class ships anyway.

Its basically where the banks of elevators are located.

They (RC) just use that term for the very small areas near the banks of elevators on Voyager and Freedom class ships. They apparently liked the sound of it so much, that they wanted to keep it, even though the Centrum on those ships bears no resemblance to the ones on the smaller ships.

:)

Centrum means the center. A lot of times it is used in Europe to depict the center of town. So the Centrum of the ship is a center point where everything comes together. It normally is near the elevator lobbies of each deck and the centrum normally spans several decks high. On the Voyager and Freedom class there is a forward and aft Centrum where the decks end and over look the Royal Promenade.

Pretty much. Sometimes also referred to as the Atrium. Here are some pics of the Centrum on Radiance

cruisepictures034.jpg

cruisepictures033.jpg

cruisepictures035.jpg

Love, love, love these pics! The Radiance-class are my absolute favorites, and every time I see pics of their Centrum, my heart just smiles. Thanks for posting these in answer to OP's question. You made my day.

Freedom of the Seas Centrum photos.

Photos: Looking up at the centrum art. Looking down onto the centrum stairs that connect the Royal Promenade with deck 4 and deck 3. Looking across at the elevators that wisk up and down along the centrum.

781034863_CentrumArt.jpg.69a358afcd6deff7c2c75bcf2dfc20af.jpg

1271821209_CentrumElevators.jpg.2828221cabc81c02534349f6975ddc47.jpg

436522498_CentrumStairs.jpg.46221f2e2244ac2959e9cf55afd36f62.jpg

Centrum means the center. A lot of times it is used in Europe to depict the center of town. So the Centrum of the ship is a center point where everything comes together. It normally is near the elevator lobbies of each deck and the centrum normally spans several decks high. On the Voyager and Freedom class there is a forward and aft Centrum where the decks end and over look the Royal Promenade.

Got it! Can't wait to see this for myself. Thought a ship only had one Atrium. Oops, I mean Centrum. :p

ACQUAHOUND - Guess I would have just said Atrium. :) I sure can get obsessed about something. Had to know the answer to my question fast. I couldn't wait, and now I know.

Thanks to all again!

Archived