for those not receiving X emails

cruise kitty

Hi, I know that a lot of folks here have trouble getting the Celebrity emails, you sign up over & over again, to no avail. Here's what finally worked for me, after 10 years of cruising with them, & checking the "yes" box for emails, I tried a new tactic: signing up for one of their contests. I did this sometime in the spring, & lo & behold I finally am receiving their emails & offers.

If only I could get them to give me my missing Captain's Club points (sigh)

Hope this helps some people out.:)

Hi, I know that a lot of folks here have trouble getting the Celebrity emails, you sign up over & over again, to no avail. Here's what finally worked for me, after 10 years of cruising with them, & checking the "yes" box for emails, I tried a new tactic: signing up for one of their contests. I did this sometime in the spring, & lo & behold I finally am receiving their emails & offers.

I signed up for one of their contests as well, but still didn't get the e-mail from the new CEO. Guess I just have too many cruises booked. At least I'm not missing any Captain's Club points--I'd be a major thorn in their side if that happened! And my next cruise refuses to show up in My Celebrity and it won't allow me to add it manually. This is a "known issue" per the Captain's Club. Wish they'd quit knowing about these issues and FIX them instead.

I think you're on to something, cruise kitty!!

I hadn't received many emails from Celebrity, and I've been sailing with them since 1996; I also kept entering my email address over and over, and they would send me something maybe twice a year in the mail(usually a Captain's Club thingy), but never an email. I entered a contest back in the spring, and now they never leave me alone...two or three emails a week! I even get more snail mail from them,<lol>lately it's been something every week or two:eek:. To be fair, I have a cruise coming up in 9 days, so I wonder if they'll keep the attention up after I get back.

I signed up for one of their contests as well, but still didn't get the e-mail from the new CEO. Guess I just have too many cruises booked. At least I'm not missing any Captain's Club points--I'd be a major thorn in their side if that happened! And my next cruise refuses to show up in My Celebrity and it won't allow me to add it manually. This is a "known issue" per the Captain's Club. Wish they'd quit knowing about these issues and FIX them instead.

Hi, I agree, it seems like this should be not only an easy fix, but a priority for them, especially for someone like you, who can take advantage of their offers, we're on the West coast, & so we really have to plan ahead! I haven't bothered to look at my cruise on my "My Celebrity" account lately, I probably should.

I think you're on to something, cruise kitty!!

I hadn't received many emails from Celebrity, and I've been sailing with them since 1996; I also kept entering my email address over and over, and they would send me something maybe twice a year in the mail(usually a Captain's Club thingy), but never an email. I entered a contest back in the spring, and now they never leave me alone...two or three emails a week! I even get more snail mail from them,<lol>lately it's been something every week or two:eek:. To be fair, I have a cruise coming up in 9 days, so I wonder if they'll keep the attention up after I get back.

I wonder if you entered the same contest that I did... was it the one where you had extra entries if you listed friends & relatives emails??

Thanks kitty I will give that a go as I don't get anything from them at the moment

Hi, good luck, if nothing else, perhaps the new CEO's staff will notice this thread & try to fix the email sign up snafu, I guess that we can only hope! :)

This happened to me, and I remember reading where it happened to another poster on here ,that in my personal profile I was listed as being from the UK and not the U.S. and when I changed it I started receiving more e-mails. I don't know how the UK got in there but you may want to check your profile info just in case.

I had been one of those who never received e-mails as well. Then a couple months ago all of a sudden they started coming (I did not enter a contest), almost every day. That lasted about a month. Now - no more e-mails once again.

Was fun while it lasted....

Mike

Won't work for me.

My area of the world has banned itself from the evils of most contests, especially American ones. :(:(:(

Be careful of what you ask for! I'm (finally) on the Celebrity mailing list and I swear they must think they have to make up for lost time. I'm being bombarded! "Feast or famine" is the Celebrity mantra. :D

Deirdre

Have done contests, including the last 2, redid emails again this week, have 2 upcoming bookings....no emails and no CEO letter. So I wrote to the link listed in the thread on the new CEO's email. Of course, I did get the automated reply.

Hopefully, someone is actually going to read those emails at some point and do something about it..the website is so unreliable and the email situation is such a recurring mess. As my husband is a newly retired techie, I know that these issues can be dealt with.

Have done contests, including the last 2, redid emails again this week, have 2 upcoming bookings....no emails and no CEO letter. So I wrote to the link listed in the thread on the new CEO's email. Of course, I did get the automated reply.

Hopefully, someone is actually going to read those emails at some point and do something about it..the website is so unreliable and the email situation is such a recurring mess. As my husband is a newly retired techie, I know that these issues can be dealt with.

Great post:)....I did the same thing (clicking on that link) and emailed

a letter~received the same canned response. One of my paragraphs

was all about the lack of a user friendly website. I also wonder if

Michael, or anyone on his staff will read through the emails.

I wonder if you entered the same contest that I did... was it the one where you had extra entries if you listed friends & relatives emails??

It might have been one like that, but I know I didn't list anyone else, because I don't need the spam karma fairy to come visit me!:D This is definitely a "Be careful what you wish for" teachable moment(so funny, Deirdre!), so if y'all really, really REALLY want to have X's attention, try at your own risk(that is, if you're allowed to enter these contests in your state/country), it may or may not work.

Archived