Silly question about luggage tags

jamscckmc

As stated above, 18 cruises and still going strong. And they will be used 4 more times before the end of 2012. :)

I have these and have used them for 4 cruises. I think the fact that they have a grommet gives them more strength. A lot of my friends have them, and we've had them for a couple of years and many cruises. Do a search for cruise luggage tag holders. It's favors by serendipity.

I went on the advise of Pam CA, (thanks Pam) and ordered luggage tag holders from Serendipity on the 15th August they arrived today (29th) did use priority shipping though, I also ordered the shower caddy but one of the sucker hooks is broken, no big deal, but can't see how could of broken,:confused: hopefully won't need to use the hooks just the velcro.

Regards Mel

Call the company, they have very good customer service. I bet anything they'll send you another hook. I use the velcro in the Princess shower, but the hooks are great for a hotel.

I used clear mailing tape but like your idea.

Will give it a try.

thanks!

I've never had a need for more than clear packaging tape. Works for me, and less expensive. ;)

I've lost more personal luggage tags at $5 a pop than I ever have lost Princess Tags - and I put them on before leaving home, too. :)

I've never had a need for more than clear packaging tape. Works for me, and less expensive. ;)

I've lost more personal luggage tags at $5 a pop than I ever have lost Princess Tags - and I put them on before leaving home, too. :)

Same here.

I always use clear mailing tape.

Works like a charm.

I pack a small pair of scissors to cut it off... ;)

Luggage id tags.... some how or another I loss one in the shuffle.

I had a thought, I tried my old Badge holders from work.

Like this

31kNyJzasiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Tag fits in nicely.

Now figuring out how to attach it to the luggage handle. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Got my luggage tag holders in from Favors by Serendipity and must say these things are GREAT! Took the luggage tag I had printed out, folded per the instructions, slipped them into the holder, and voila: quite professional looking! Very satisfied with this product. :D

Here's a picture, the plastic loop that connects the heavy duty plastic tag holder to your luggage can be either 6" or 9" length and comes with the holder

8067337504_1fc7a36941_o.jpg

www (dot) favors by serendipity (no spaces) (dot) com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder (dot) html

I purchased a package of 3M Self Laminating Pockets at WalMart for our upcoming cruise - $4.00 for a package of 5

Trimed the tags to fit the pockets sealed and punched a hole in one corner so we can slip them on with our existing luggage ID Tags when we get to the port. Water proof and durable.

Here's a picture, the plastic loop that connects the heavy duty plastic tag holder to your luggage can be either 6" or 9" length and comes with the holder

www (dot) favors by serendipity (no spaces) (dot) com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder (dot) html

The video on their site is helpful in determining what size loop you decide to get.

I would recommend the extra $0.25 for the longer length loop. The 6 inch works but the 9 inch would be easier to put on all handles. These do what they are designed to do, can be used over and over again and are a little over $4.00 each with shipping if you buy four and less than $3.00 each with larger quantities. I just wish I thought of the product.

I would recommend the extra $0.25 for the longer length loop. The 6 inch works but the 9 inch would be easier to put on all handles. These do what they are designed to do, can be used over and over again and are a little over $4.00 each with shipping if you buy four and less than $3.00 each with larger quantities. I just wish I thought of the product.

I was used to doing the home laminate with packing tape. But was totally floored at the quick fold, insert, done. Like I said.. Best $10 bucks I ever spent!

It says to STAPLE the tags on the luggage. Since we are flying in and I don't plan on taking a stapler, what is the best way to secure the tags once you collect your luggage?

Simple. Just borrow one from one of the airline desks, or buy a mini stapler and put it in your pocket!:rolleyes:

Preparing for a cruise has really changed in the last 10 years. Once they would send the documents...now ? ....touch luck if one doesn't have access to a computer.

If we are paying $1000+ for a cruise they could at least send us a package.

But don't you remember panicking if the tickets didn't arrive by snail mail, and thinking, "I wouldn't have this problem if I could print my own tickets!":rolleyes:

Do you put the Serendipity holders on luggge before you fly? I have them but thought I should wait and attach them when we get our luggage at airport.

Wait until after you have claimed your baggage at the arrival (destination) airport and before putting it in the taxi or shuttle.

Thanks, that was our first idea, but thought I'd get another opinion. :)

To make it easier pack the pre-assembled tags (with plastic loops) in your carry-on preferably an accessible side pocket. This way, after you claim your luggage, you can easily and quickly attach them to whatever you need to.

The reason I recommend doing this before you get in the taxi or van is in case you go one direction and the luggage goes another, or you accidentally leave something behind. That way they'll know where it was suppose to be going and get it back to you.

The holders look nice. Last time I just printed the tags on card stock and stapled them. Very sturdy. I've printed the tags for my upcoming cruise on the same card stock but may go ahead and get the tag holders anyway.

I tend to think the plastic luggage tag holders are really overkill myself. Haven't had a problem with the tags, and don't even try to laminate them with tape or anything. We do carry a little tiny stapler with the luggage to put them on (then again, I've forgotten it at times, after borrowing a stapler from the front desk, I remember sitting in the lobby of the JW Marriott in Rio hearing lots of people asking the front desk to borrow a stapler). But my experience so far is that they're pretty sturdy folded. Of course, I'll also tend to put 2 on each bag just in case, but don't know that we've ever lost one yet.

I tend to think the plastic luggage tag holders are really overkill myself. Haven't had a problem with the tags, and don't even try to laminate them with tape or anything....But my experience so far is that they're pretty sturdy folded. Of course, I'll also tend to put 2 on each bag just in case, but don't know that we've ever lost one yet.

I agree with you that they are sturdy as folded and do not need a protective case. (Some have reported that the print runs if the suitcases are left in the rain.)

Instead of worrying about carrying or locating a stapler, I punch a hole in the tag and attach it with a cable tie.

Add me to the list of pleased Serendipity customers. Never had an issue with them. My roommate had to sit in our hotel room cutting and stapling her luggage tags on embarkation day while all I had to do was attach them to my suitcase. I just purchased some for my mom and her cousin for their first cruise.

Just google "Favors by Serendipity". I tried to share the link by for some reason the website is reading it as a dirty word.

Archived