Lawn Club Grill Reviews

Iamthesea

Is lawn club worth it for vegetarians. Love the flatbread/pizza idea, but we don't eat steak or chicken.

Also see references to discounted options, did you receive those on the boat or prior?

Thanks for your help.

If I remember correctly the last time we went to the Lawn Club Grill some kind of fish was on the menu and they also have roasted vegetable kabobs.

If you go the Celebrity website and do some searching, you can find a sample of the menu.

• 2 weeks later...

Good day to all you Lawn Club Grille experts! Just three quick questions.

I have read in a couple of places that the LCG is only open for lunch on sea days but it sounds to me like that isn't the case from reading here. So should it be available every day of a 14 night sailing for both lunch and dinner (other than embarkation and debarkation)?

We will be on Silhouette on a British Isles cruise this August. I am wondering about how cool it's going to be on the North Sea between Belfast and Lerwick. Any thoughts on whether we should go ahead and give it a try?

How hard was it to get reservations onboard? I tried to make reservations online but ran into two problems. One, our party has more than one currency because we are from three different countries so X can't figure out how to do that. :eek:. Second, I want to us OBC but if I book in advance, I can only use a credit card. We really want to try the LCG and I will book it with a credit card if you experts think we won't be able to get a reservation once onboard.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Jim

We did this cruise last year.

Never a problem to make reservations. Not sure about lunch but noticed closed when we walked by during lunch hours.

They give you blankets and close the plastic partitions to keep it warm inside.

You can also cook your own meal if you wish, we had a great time and our favorite specialty restaurant onboard.

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0984_1.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

We were on the Silhouette Baltic cruise in July. It is not open every sea day for lunch but they seem to rotate with the other specialty restaurants. LCG was open for lunch on 2 sea days, or so they said. The first day they cancelled due to weather as it was cold, rainy and foggy. Second time cancelled as well, they said due to weather but it wasn't that bad. I think they didn't have enough people interested to make it feasible to open. Reservations were easy to get on our cruise. I can only speak to the weather in the Baltic. It was all over the place. One day hot, like 90, one day rain all day, other days it was cool, like 50-60 degrees.

Most people seem to rave about LCG. We didn't really care for it and felt it was over-rated. Love Murano, like Tuscan and Qsine as well. Food and restaurants are subjective.

Edited by eyelovcrusin

I have read in a couple of places that the LCG is only open for lunch on sea days but it sounds to me like that isn't the case from reading here. So should it be available every day of a 14 night sailing for both lunch and dinner (other than embarkation and debarkation)?

Lawn Club Grill serves dinner every night. They may do 1 sea day lunch, or maybe a couple of lunches during a long Transatlantic.

We are just off Silhouette last week and ate at the LCG for dinner sailing between Norway and Denmark. Outside temp was in the lower 40's and raining but we were comfortable inside the grill as they had the plastic partition up and provided blankets.

There was no trouble getting a reservation on board (discounts were being offered throughout the cruise) and the restaurant was fairly empty from what we saw, likely due to the weather. Did not notice it being open for lunch, but we were in port most days.

We enjoyed the LCG but thought it was good, not great. Certainly not our favorite specialty, but glad we had a chance to try it out.

Avoid the Lawn Club Grill on Equinox and Eclipse. We tried both and the food was not only flavorless, it was much too hot and seared our lips.

0/10 - do not recommend

There isn'f a Lawn Club Grill on the Equinox and Eclipse. LCG is only on the Reflection and the Silhouette!

Edited by Christine Frances

We ate in the lawn club grill on the recent Silhouette TA. We were at the Captain's Club Happy Hour and a waiter came up and asked if we had dinner plans. We asked what he was offering and he said 25% off Lawn Club. We said we were not interested, so he asked if we would like 2 for 1. We jumped at that and had a really enjoyable meal. It was quite cool, even with the screens, because there are gaps and the wind whistles through. The tables have overhead heaters, but they were not very efficient. We finished the meal wrapped in blankets, but still had a good time.

We could not see much from the table. The screens let the light in, but are not really transparent. As good as the meal was, I would not miss the sail away from Venice for it. That is an unforgettable Mediterranean experience.

Is the restaurant where the Hot Glass Show is on the other ships? If so, it is not where I thought it would be. ;)

I think that Solstice, Equinox, and Eclipse have the hot glass show; Silhouette and Reflection have the Lawn Club Grille.

What did I miss? I thought the S class ships will not be allowed to sail through Venice any more because of the damage they cause.:confused:

What did I miss? I thought the S class ships will not be allowed to sail through Venice any more because of the damage they cause.:confused:

Oops, the original post was in 2012. Sorry.:o

Avoid the Lawn Club Grill on Equinox and Eclipse. We tried both and the food was not only flavorless, it was much too hot and seared our lips.

0/10 - do not recommend

I bet it tasted like glass, but at least it was warm.

It was awful! You'd think fresh-from-the-oven would be fantastic. So disappointing.

Sent via my Samsung Note 4 while I should probably be doing something productive

It was awful! You'd think fresh-from-the-oven would be fantastic. So disappointing.

You are so bad...but I love it!:D Well done.

I was afraid of this, but maybe the timing will work out better, especially if it is hot. If it is cool, do have have heaters? We will have to deal with the wind. :rolleyes:

We ate at the Lawn Club on Reflection on a Transatlantic cruise. The evening turned out to be really chilly. They did have heaters. The staff asked if we would like a blanket or plan on another night. We chose to brave it out and enjoyed ourselves. It was very quiet as there were only 1 other couple dining that evening.

Food was very well prepared and only complaint was they gave you far too much food.

For those that comment about cooking your own meal. It is an option and if you choose you can just sit back and watch the food prep on big screen TV's.

We enjoyed the Lawn Club Grill on our Reflection eastern Mediterranean cruise. Most of our group felt it was their best meal onboard ( including the MDR, Tuscan Grill, Qsine) Service was great (no cooking by us), my rib-eye was yummy and perfectly cooked rare. Only venue in my experience on ship to offer baked potato! Evening was cool, but plastic screens kept us warm while still affording great views, until the wind picked up toward the end and sneaked through the gaps. ( did not put a damper on evening tho). Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

our first x cruise was on the Silhouette last Sept. We ate in the lawn gill and loved it.

we did note the following things:

The starters were huge ( so one starter between two was all that was needed):)

They didn't have any wine available in the 'classic drinks package' so gave us premium wine - at no extra charge.:)

we saw one person standing at the grill, obviously doing the 'cook your own steak thing'. It looked painful, as he was standing around doing nothing most of the time! :confused:

Our fillet steak was ordered medium- rare, and it turned up medium/ well done. :(

Maybe cooking timings are difficult at the grill or is the US idea of medium rare different from us UK'ers?

We're on the Reflection in Sept and we'll defo go to the lawn grill again!

• 8 months later...

Did anyone notice if the grills are separated for meat and seafood? I'm asking because I am allergic to crustaceans (shrimp, lobster) and could only eat at LCG if the burgers or other meat is cooked on different grills.

Thank you to all for your great info!

Just stepped off the Reflection today and the Lawn Club was terrific, my ONLY complaint about the S class design is that you feel removed from the ocean in many of the venues. The Lawn Club provides great site lines to the outdoors. We skipped the flat bread pizzas and opted for the salad, main and sides. Here is our take: the NY Strip was excellent and well prepared, the snapper was absolutely delicious and tender. However the shrimp and scallops did not fare well, the scallops were tiny and not flavorful at all. Lunch here is terrific as well with great burgers, including a delicious tuna burger.