Lawn Club Grill Reviews

Iamthesea

We have a wonderful grill at home and use it a lot. But this was still fun and DH did learn some grilling techniques but more than that it was the interaction with staff that is far more fun than the cooking. You really get to talk to the staff and learn about their backgrounds, and then they also provide great service. We completely enjoyed our visits, SO MUCH different than any other cruise dining experience, THAT'S why it's worth the extra $$!!:D

A great post. :)

My Lawn Club Grill wish?

Let me eat that great flat bread pizza and salad, let my husband have the meat and just charge $40 for both!

Ah....but then who gets the warm, just cooked chocolate chip cookie smothered in vanilla ice cream......:D:D:D

We ate in the Lawn Club Grill towards the end of our 12 day Silhouette cruise. Had it been earlier in the cruise we would have eaten there again .My husband and friends had the veal chop on the recommendation of a couple who sat next to us when we were dining in Qsine.They all said it was the best Veal chop they ever had.

And then there's the lobster mac 'n cheese as a "side dish".....yum:D

Oh Gracie, what am I going to do with you :)

OK, I confess, I was ill when we ate at the Lawn Club. Except for the pizza and salad, the entire meal was lost on me, including the lobster and mac side dish, which I did order.

All right. Next time we go on Silhouette (or which ever ships have that restaurant that we cruise) I will give the entire menu another chance. Lobster and mac, steak, cookie and ice cream, the whole enchilada.

Reading what everyone says, I must have been sicker than I thought! (no, it wasn't Noro).

We are sailing on the Silhouette in less than a month so we will have a chance to sample the fare soon. Just want to let you know that the sail-out from Venice is just SPECTACULAR( we did it on the Solstice last year) and you will want to ascertain which side of the ship the Lawn Club faces, and if the view is obscured by the cabanas, because there is no restaurant in the would, including the one atop the Eiffel Tower, that would make up for the magnificent view of Venice and St Peter's Square that you have from the front and one side of the ship. You would not want to be running in and out of the restaurant to the rail to see it.

Loved it, too! And Jordan was terrific both there and in the Porch! Grilling your iwn steak is optional...we didn't, but did make our own flatbreads...I think WE were the evening entertainment. We went as two, but were having such a good time that we "table-hopped" and sat at three different tables.

As much as I enjoyed the Hot Glass show on Solstice, we really liked this addition to the S class.

Andrew

Every inch of rail on the side facing the Grand Canal will be full of people. If you're sitting in the Lawn Club Grill, I doubt you'll see anything through the crowd, and you have to get to the rail in good time if you want a good view. If your cabin has a balcony on the port side, it might be best to watch from there.

On our sailing in July, we were scheduled to leave at 5:00p.m. but didn't get going until nearer 6:00p.m. so leave your timing flexible. We were booked for early sitting in the MDR at 6:15 and had to go down sooner than we would have liked. As it was, we stayed on deck until around 6:35. The sailaway takes the best part of an hour.

Thanks for all the information. Really helps a lot! One in our party has a port balcony, Deck 9, so if we decide no to dine at The Lawn Club, we can watch sailaway from there. If we do decide to eat up top, we can watch sailaway from the railing and then walk over to TLC, making reservations around 6:30.

Is the restaurant where the Hot Glass Show is on the other ships? If so, it is not where I thought it would be. ;)

Are there any views from the Lawn Club Grill? Or is it basically enclosed. The reason why I ask, is on the Reflection on east mediteranean- the ship will be leaving Santorini at 6:00pm. Sunset is around 8:30 pm- I was wondering if I should plan on a late dinner if sunset can be viewed from this venue. If there really is no view from the Grill, then I will want to try this venue on any night then. Thanks in advance for info. Sincerely, Anita

Are there any views from the Lawn Club Grill? Or is it basically enclosed. The reason why I ask, is on the Reflection on east mediteranean- the ship will be leaving Santorini at 6:00pm. Sunset is around 8:30 pm- I was wondering if I should plan on a late dinner if sunset can be viewed from this venue. If there really is no view from the Grill, then I will want to try this venue on any night then. Thanks in advance for info. Sincerely, Anita

It's not enclosed, but only really has a view to the sides so depending on the heading of the ship you might have superstructure blocking your view of the sunset while sitting. You should have no problem seeing it from the rail. It only gets crowded in Venice.

We were on the first regular 12 days cruise on the "Silly" last year and absolutely loved the LCG. Food was very good and worth the up charge. As others have pointed out, you will not have an unobstructed view while dining so my recommend would be to schedule dinner at 6 PM and enjoy the sail away up on top deck with a glass of your favorite adult beverage.

Can you use the Lawn Club and not eat at the Grill? Would there still be a charge?

We would like to just sit on the lawn or play croquette,etc, but aren't really interested in the grill. Also, does anyone know the price of the wine/cheese? We'll more than likely have the alcohol package. Will the two combine?

• 3 years later...

Sailing out of Venice is an amazing experience. Even if the food is good at the Lawn Club, it would be a shame to miss watching the sailaway from up on deck.

I recommend grabbing a drink and finding a place to stand on the railing for sailing out of Venice.

We enjoyed the Lawn Club Grill on the Reflection , January 2014. We made our flatbreads and let them cook our steaks---very fun! But of course, so much food! We didn't want dessert but the waiter talked us into the warm choc cookie---he said you have to try it---it was all that he said it was going to be, and we left very stuffed!!!:D

We at the Lawn Club in April on the Reflection. We weren't going to try it, it didn't look interesting but they offered all four Specialty Restaurants (Murano, Tuscan Grille, Q-sine, Lawn Club) as a special for a total of $130 p/p. Lawn Club was the biggest surprise of all! Really, really good, way too much food, could only eat half of what they served and it was still too much! We will be going back to Lawn Club next September when we sail again on an S class ship to Hawai'i! CAN'T WAIT!

Edited by El Crucero

• 4 months later...

Is lawn club worth it for vegetarians. Love the flatbread/pizza idea, but we don't eat steak or chicken.

Also see references to discounted options, did you receive those on the boat or prior?

Thanks for your help.