are there irons in your cabin on the mariner?

juanarcin

Since no irons have been permitted on RCI, we have used our DD hair straightener "CHI" for quick touch ups on pant seams and works just fine.

This July we hung our shirts on the line in the shower steamed the room, and did just fine.

Remember, unless you pay to send clothes out, no one else has an iron, so they will look overall wrinkled as you.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

I always send my husband and son's shirts & pants out to be pressed when on a cruise. The prices are so reasonable!! Not even worth having it done before the trip. Shirts are like $1.75 and I think pants were $2.50. I gather the stuff on the first night and leave it for out steward and we have it back by 5 the next day.

This can all be found on the RCCL site under what to pack.

What Not To Pack

Weapons, illegal drugs, and other items that could interfere with the safe operation of the ship or the safe and secure environment of our guests and crew are prohibited. The United States Transportation Security Administration also recommends that you do not pack fragile or expensive items (such as jewelry) in checked luggage.

The following are examples of items that guests are not allowed to bring onboard. These and other similar items will be confiscated upon being found. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • *Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors.
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Candles & Incense
  • Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows & Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • HAM Radios
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • **Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Beverages

Note:

*Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.

** Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from shops onboard will be stored by the ship and delivered to you on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

I have a balcony room in October. I sailed on the mariner last year but had no need for an iron so I have no idea if there was one in the room or not. Does anyone know?

Irons are NOT permitted on any cruise ship! Fire Hazard. You could possibly ask your cabin steward if you could borrow one for a few minutes and then call and have him pick it up when you are done. I have done this only once or twice. Try not to do it nightly or they may so "NO"....

Make sure the iron is very cool before they get there.

Hope this helps:)

Irons are NOT permitted on any cruise ship! Fire Hazard. You could possibly ask your cabin steward if you could borrow one for a few minutes and then call and have him pick it up when you are done. I have done this only once or twice. Try not to do it nightly or they may so "NO"....

Make sure the iron is very cool before they get there.

Hope this helps:)

Oh yes and there goes another flying pig :eek:

Archived