Labadee Cabana - Price Increase

top_frog

Just logged in to book a standard beach cabana on Nellis beach for our March 2013 Allure cruise and it looks like the prices went up $50. Beach cabana is now $225. I think the Over the Water ones are now $250. Why didn't I book yesterday when they were still $175.

Anyone know if this is just a global price increase or a supply and demand issue for just this cruise? Seems like a steep increase.

Jason

Just logged in to book a standard beach cabana on Nellis beach for our March 2013 Allure cruise and it looks like the prices went up $50. Beach cabana is now $225. I think the Over the Water ones are now $250. Why didn't I book yesterday when they were still $175.

Anyone know if this is just a global price increase or a supply and demand issue for just this cruise? Seems like a steep increase.

Jason

SOOOO GLAD I grabbed one a few weeks ago for my cruise in Feb... Was originally under the theory that they weren't available to 90 days out until one on our RollCall said they booked one!!!

So I booked our over the water cabana last Friday for the higher price of $ 250.00 & I looked tonight & it is down to $ 200.00 Uugh! I have emailed to see if I can get an adjustment..Think it will happen? or at least credit on our bill for our balance due on our cruise?

When is your cruise? It would probably be easier to cancel and rebook online.

So I booked our over the water cabana last Friday for the higher price of $ 250.00 & I looked tonight & it is down to $ 200.00 Uugh! I have emailed to see if I can get an adjustment..Think it will happen? or at least credit on our bill for our balance due on our cruise?

Try to book the cheaper one first then cancel the $250 one. Three weeks ago (before the price change), I had booked the beach cabana first and then after reading all the posts about the otw cabanas, I booked an otw cabana then cancelled the beach cabana. I got my cc statement yesterday, and it show the credit for the cancelled cabana.

So here's a weird one for you -- I just checked to see if this price jump impacted our cruise (1/13 Allure), and to do so I actually pretended as if I was buying one (though we already have an over-water Nellies booked for $200). The odd thing was that, when listing both passengers from our itinerary, it showed the price of $200 next to my name, while if we purchased it under my wife's name it showed it costing $250, LOL. Though I will say it now under the full excursion description it does show as being at the $250 price point. Guess like everyone else, glad I already nabbed one :)

After some people noticing that the cabanas had gone up $50 and were now back down, I got curious. I just went into my reservation and for my sailing they are still at the increased price of $250 for Nellie's OTW. Makes me very glad I booked a few weeks ago at $200.

So I guess just some ship's came down.

If I go to the public list of excursions it lists the OTW--cabana as $200 (I guess these are static pages). However if I try to book from my reservation while logged in it lists as $250.

So I think that when people report the price drop, they are looking at this page:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/destinations/shoreExcursions/subGateWayByPort/search.do?LocationCode=LAB&DestinationCode=CARIB

I saw an OTW cabana at nellie's beach for $200 just now. When I go to book and enter my reservation number the price is at $250.

I'll try to fire off an email to RCI just to ask. Doesn't hurt.

So I know several have stated that this may simply be a supply & demand thing being exercised by RCI, however my question is this: is this typical for these cabanas? Because as far as I've read, no one has yet stated that RCI typically does this with cabanas. Anyone know of any history of RCI doing this in the past? Point being, while this may be explained away as simple supply & demand by RCI, there is a big difference if this was the first time in the history of these cabana's that the prices were suddenly raised. I mean, is RCI simply flat out raising the price of these on a permanent basis? I really wish we could get an answer as to what is going on here, as if this is a more permanent price increase, this presents a rather obvious problem for those who have already purchased. You can't go an raise the prices of the cabanas halfway through the open purchase/booking period of the same cruise. :confused:

That's exactly what happened to me..While just looking showed 1 price then booking shows another.. I asked RCC & they gave me bs about how they are 2 different things..which I know they are not.. I just sucked it up & paid the 250.00 anyways.. I think with the price increase RCC has not made the price changes everywhere..or its not all linked up yet or something.. They assured me the price for OTW was 250.00 Oh well I guess..

If I go to the public list of excursions it lists the OTW--cabana as $200 (I guess these are static pages). However if I try to book from my reservation while logged in it lists as $250.

So I think that when people report the price drop, they are looking at this page:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/destinations/shoreExcursions/subGateWayByPort/search.do?LocationCode=LAB&DestinationCode=CARIB

I saw an OTW cabana at nellie's beach for $200 just now. When I go to book and enter my reservation number the price is at $250.

I'll try to fire off an email to RCI just to ask. Doesn't hurt.

I see the same thing... If you're 'just shopping' the price is 200. If you have a res. and want to book it, it's 250 for the same cruise.

So I know several have stated that this may simply be a supply & demand thing being exercised by RCI, however my question is this: is this typical for these cabanas? Because as far as I've read, no one has yet stated that RCI typically does this with cabanas. Anyone know of any history of RCI doing this in the past? Point being, while this may be explained away as simple supply & demand by RCI, there is a big difference if this was the first time in the history of these cabana's that the prices were suddenly raised. I mean, is RCI simply flat out raising the price of these on a permanent basis? I really wish we could get an answer as to what is going on here, as if this is a more permanent price increase, this presents a rather obvious problem for those who have already purchased. You can't go an raise the prices of the cabanas halfway through the open purchase/booking period of the same cruise. :confused:

How is it a problem for those who already booked? If you booked at $200, you should pay $200. If you book after the price increase, you pay more. It's no different than booking your cruise, then the price goes up. Where's the problem?

The price increased about two weeks ago. Not all of the RCI website locations are caught up yet. The OTW cabanas on Nellie's beach are not $250 and the other ones are $225, I believe. I had an OTW three weeks ago ($200) and it was worth every cent.

'not' or 'now'? :confused:

How is it a problem for those who already booked? If you booked at $200, you should pay $200. If you book after the price increase, you pay more. It's no different than booking your cruise, then the price goes up. Where's the problem?

What I intended to say here (which even with my sub par wording I still though it would have been assumed) was "for those who have already purchased their cruise", not just their cabana. Obviously there is no problem for those who already paid for their cabana.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Archived