New Balcony's on Fantasy Class

Bases5

The Balcony's they added on to Fantasy Class ships.

Are they normal size with chair's etc.

Are the rooms the old rooms with a balcony built on or did they take some room space for the balcony.

any info or pictures would be great

Edited by Bases5

Hung them off the hull of the ship.. at the time everyone said.. how ugly, who ever heard of hanging them off the hull... now no one says anything about how they look from the outside of the ship.

Are they about the same size as a standard balcony.

The Balcony's they added on to Fantasy Class ships.

Are they normal size with chair's etc.

Are the rooms the old rooms with a balcony built on or did they take some room space for the balcony.

any info or pictures would be great

The balconies were attached to the outside of the hull when those ships were renovated as part of the Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades. So, no space was taken away from the cabin. Don't know how big they are, since I've never sailed in a balcony cabin, Fantasy class or otherwise. I'm sure they're big enough to at least fit a chair or two, otherwise they would be more like Spirit Class's inside cabins with French doors, only without the lifeboats in the way.

If you look at exterior pictures, those balconies look very much tacked on. It really cuts into the aesthetics of those ships and interrupts the continuous flow of the hull, the element that Fantasy class ships look nice. But it seems like aesthetics wasn't a priority when Carnival decided to add the balconies.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

The balconies were attached to the outside of the hull when those ships were renovated as part of the Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades. So, no space was taken away from the cabin. Don't know how big they are, since I've never sailed in a balcony cabin, Fantasy class or otherwise. I'm sure they're big enough to at least fit a chair or two, otherwise they would be more like Spirit Class's inside cabins with French doors, only without the lifeboats in the way..

no they werent.. 2.0 had not even been invented or heard of when they did the 4 Fantasy class ships.

Yes, they are standard sized balconys.

None of the fantasy class ships have gotten 2.0 .. they were done when these ships got waterworks added.. (which all but 2 got, and only those 2 ships, paradise and elation are scheduled to get 2.0).

None of these ships with the balconys added have 2.0 or are scheduled to get it.

Oops, my bad. I thought the Waterworks and the Lido deck modifications was part of the 2.0. Those renovations must have happened before things like the Red Frog Pub, Blue Iguana Cantina, and Guy's Burgers entered the picture.

This shows the entire roll out of 2.0, last year liberty got it, Oct 2011.. then this summer the 2nd ship got it....its very new.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2011/10/05/what-is-the-fun-ship-2-0-implementation-schedule.aspx

These balconys went in several years ago to only 4 of the ships.

If you notice.. Elation and Paradise.. the two ships on the west coast when all the other fantasy class ships got waterworks and they were too far away to bring them into the dry dock to do it.. .. so they didnt get waterworks.

so thats why only these two fantasy class ships are on the 2.0 list.

Edited by firefly333

The balconies were welded on to the sides, the only problem is they forgot the doors so you have to jump down from the lido deck and try and hit the right one, you must purchase one of the all you can drink packages to qualify.

(ok I'm bored at work)

The balconies were welded on to the sides, the only problem is they forgot the doors so you have to jump down from the lido deck and try and hit the right one, you must purchase one of the all you can drink packages to qualify.

(ok I'm bored at work)

I thought getting to your balcony was offered as an excursion on Fantasy class ships. :D

(ok I'm bored at work)

love it lol

We are sailing on Mon. on Inspiration, fantasy class. The balconies are tiny ! But--a balcony is a balcony, and I'm happy. :)

Pat

The suites on the Verandah deck are the ones with the tiny balconies.

I would never never, never, never, never...book one of those..never!!;)

Yea I agree I have seen these. Why oh why are they called suites. I would rather have a regular balcony than pay extra for those so called suites.

Thanks everybody for your replys.

Ok, I will bite, you won't take them because they are suites, the location or other (or additional) reasons?

no they werent.. 2.0 had not even been invented or heard of when they did the 4 Fantasy class ships.

Yes, they are standard sized balconys.

None of the fantasy class ships have gotten 2.0 .. they were done when these ships got waterworks added.. (which all but 2 got, and only those 2 ships, paradise and elation are scheduled to get 2.0).

None of these ships with the balconys added have 2.0 or are scheduled to get it.

They probably just meant Evolutions of Fun upgrade?

DH and I had a verandah "suite" two years ago. The cabin was fine. The "balcony" was dreadful. So small. No way we could both sit out there. Never again!!!

People do not like Veranda suites..,many, due to narrow not too private balconies and some being obsructed by life boats..Cat 12..the big suites are much better and amazing private balconies...I had two table members on my Paradise cruise that paid around 800 per person for a 4 day in those Veranda suites..I spent around 190 times 2 or maybe 1.5 as a solo..was a good price do not have specifics..for a one A on Empress deck...those 1A's are slightly larger that other one 1a's decks below..just slightly because one guy here is able to make a double bed on them..a regular Fantasy class cruiser I read about. We had a cabin crawl..yes the rooms are nicer, but 4 people could sit and chat in mine for a half hour.. bathrooms are the same in Veranda 11 Class as reg cabins and the decks were nice to sit out on no matter what but just the worst of all decks on Carnival..very small, very narrow and very exposed..I had a great time sitting on a window area in the spa gazing at ocean and many places outside...the Grand suite is worth it for a splurge..not Veranda in my book...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

• 3 years later...

I am wondering why wasn't more of the oceanview rooms converted to balconies? I know you most likely can't convert the porthole rooms into balconies but was converting most oceanview rooms on Main, Upper and Empress Decks into balconies ever considered? Can you imagine what it would look like? Somebody post a Photoshopped image!

On some Fantasy class ships, they have Grand Suites with extended balconies. We had one on the Ecstasy and are going to have one on the Sensation in August. The balcony is huge. They have a lounger, 2 chairs and a table as well as a spacious cabin. Perfect for our family of 4 who enjoys sitting out on the balcony and enjoying the views.